July 19, 2018, 09:01:30 PM

Author Topic: Steven N'Zonzi  (Read 12071 times)

December 29, 2017, 02:13:02 PM
Reply #90

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think this would be a good signing.

Good player but not at all what we need in midfield. I'll also trot out one of my greatest hits and say that he's too old to be worth spending anything significant on.

Can absolutely see where youíre coming from, but anything that removes Schneiderlin and gets a quality DM in the side ASAP is a good use of money, plus 25m euros ainít that much.

Heís a good passing DM and a defensive-minded regista kind of player, not defence splitting passes but just pass pass pass, keep the ball and dictate. Basically what Schneiderlin should be doing.

However, it does raise that question of what the hell are we going to do with Gueye / the other midfield position...

Think rooney has made a really good case for being the 8, his quality on the ball has been evident and heís even getting amongst the Goals (could do with more none pen Goals if possible).

Gueye better as a ball winner, but we seem intent on pushing him up (imo so he can win the ball further up the field and we can use his energy).

Hopefully Gueye / NíZonzi is a better fit than what we have, but I canít shake the feeling itís going to be quite similar, and that his transfer has a SLIGHT air of Alex Song at West Ham about it..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2017, 02:26:13 PM
Reply #91

Bluedylan

Good player but not thrilled about £25m on a 29 year old personally.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 29, 2017, 03:07:26 PM
Reply #92

Juanito

Can absolutely see where youíre coming from, but anything that removes Schneiderlin and gets a quality DM in the side ASAP is a good use of money, plus 25m euros ainít that much.

Heís a good passing DM and a defensive-minded regista kind of player, not defence splitting passes but just pass pass pass, keep the ball and dictate. Basically what Schneiderlin should be doing.

However, it does raise that question of what the hell are we going to do with Gueye / the other midfield position...

Think rooney has made a really good case for being the 8, his quality on the ball has been evident and heís even getting amongst the Goals (could do with more none pen Goals if possible).

Gueye better as a ball winner, but we seem intent on pushing him up (imo so he can win the ball further up the field and we can use his energy).

Hopefully Gueye / NíZonzi is a better fit than what we have, but I canít shake the feeling itís going to be quite similar, and that his transfer has a SLIGHT air of Alex Song at West Ham about it..

4-3-3.

Pickford
Coleman  Holgate Keane  Baines
           NíZonzi Gana Rooney
 Bolasie         Tusan      Sigurdsson

December 29, 2017, 03:22:16 PM
Reply #93

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
4-3-3.

Pickford
Coleman  Holgate Keane  Baines
           NíZonzi Gana Rooney
 Bolasie         Tusan      Sigurdsson

Yeah probably, NíZonzi did used to do that job as a younger man I think but I would think Nízonzi deepest midfielder Gueye pushing up.

Or

4-2-3-1

Nízonzi Gueye

Bolassie Rooney Sig

Tosun

Iím still really pissed off it hasnít worked out for Klaassen. Should have been a good box to box fella.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2017, 03:28:07 PM
Reply #94

van der Meyde

Good player but not thrilled about £25m on a 29 year old personally.
Urgh. Having seen the struggles we've had with Howard and Distin start to repeat with Baines, Jagielka and Williams, I'd hoped the club would have be looking a bit more long term.

Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Gueye, Schneiderlin and Nzonzi will all be 30+ and past their peak in two years. Having multiple midfield players all 30+ and difficult to shift on big contracts doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me.

December 29, 2017, 03:39:32 PM
Reply #95

MmmBlueRamirez

I was impressed with him in the preseason friendly.

Yes, him and his midfield compadre we also failed to sign.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 29, 2017, 04:10:00 PM
Reply #96

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Urgh. Having seen the struggles we've had with Howard and Distin start to repeat with Baines, Jagielka and Williams, I'd hoped the club would have be looking a bit more long term.

Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Gueye, Schneiderlin and Nzonzi will all be 30+ and past their peak in two years. Having multiple midfield players all 30+ and difficult to shift on big contracts doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me.

You need a mix of experience and youth, Gateth Barry had a great season last year aged 36 1/2, Lampard
played well into his mid thirties, Vincent Company at 31 plus the players you name will be just thirty in two years time, your hugely talented 23 year olds wonít stay with us beyond a couple of years if they are that good and we are not playing in CL, we need experienced players to get us near to qualifying.

December 29, 2017, 04:17:43 PM
Reply #97

van der Meyde

You need a mix of experience and youth, Gateth Barry had a great season last year aged 36 1/2, Lampard
played well into his mid thirties, Vincent Company at 31 plus the players you name will be just thirty in two years time, your hugely talented 23 year olds wonít stay with us beyond a couple of years if they are that good and we are not playing in CL, we need experienced players to get us near to qualifying.
Don't buy this argument at all personally. If the players we have were good enough to get us to qualify for the CL then would they be playing for Everton at 28?

December 29, 2017, 04:24:13 PM
Reply #98

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We wonít qualify for CL with kids alone, you need a few experienced heads in there to get to qualification.

December 29, 2017, 04:32:55 PM
Reply #99

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Buying the 26 year old version costs you more money and you've got greater competition for.  Buying a 29 year old to play for a couple of years whilst our youngsters we've been stockpiling and developing continue to grow and develop isn't the worst strategy. 
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 29, 2017, 04:33:30 PM
Reply #100

Bob Sacamano

If we get this guy are we still allowed to buy young players in the future if the right ones come along?

December 29, 2017, 04:36:47 PM
Reply #101

van der Meyde

Buying the 26 year old version costs you more money and you've got greater competition for.  Buying a 29 year old to play for a couple of years whilst our youngsters we've been stockpiling and developing continue to grow and develop isn't the worst strategy. 
I guess buying the 23 or 24 year old version and then selling them on for a big profit is just too much hard work eh.

Better off taking the risk that our 20 year olds will develop while their gametime is restricted by the 30 year olds. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:37:49 PM by van der Meyde »

December 29, 2017, 04:39:39 PM
Reply #102

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I guess buying the 23 or 24 year old version and then selling them on for a big profit is just too much hard work eh.

Better off taking the risk that our 20 year olds will develop while their gametime is restricted by the 30 year olds. :)

But the 23/24 year old version still needs to develop.  Still needs to learn.  We need someone ready to go.  We're hopefully past the need to 'buy young, sell soon' model for now.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 29, 2017, 05:29:16 PM
Reply #103

Bluedylan

I know a lot of people don't like them but Spurs has to be the sustainable blueprint for how we want to break into the top 6.

We're never going to be able to outspend the rich clubs, so we have to find another way and aside from Leicester's freak season, Spurs have provided the only obvious alternative way to do it.

Yes Kane is a big part of that but even with him, there was nothing in his early career to suggest he was going to become the monster he's become so it's hard not to conclude that the manager is a massive part of his development.

In the main they have invested in talent in the 20-24 bracket, got a very good manager to work with them and improve them and grown the side into greater than the sum of their parts through good scouting, good recruitment and brilliant coaching.

Nzonzi is a good player but he's unlikely to improve at 29 and it's probable that he will decline a bit, and then 2/3 seasons later you probably have to replace him.

RBLeipzig are another team who do what Spurs have done. Identify the best young talents before they become big, and get them before they become £50m players.

Surely that has to be the way for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 29, 2017, 05:33:12 PM
Reply #104

Ross

I know a lot of people don't like them but Spurs has to be the sustainable blueprint for how we want to break into the top 6.

We're never going to be able to outspend the rich clubs, so we have to find another way and aside from Leicester's freak season, Spurs have provided the only obvious alternative way to do it.

Yes Kane is a big part of that but even with him, there was nothing in his early career to suggest he was going to become the monster he's become so it's hard not to conclude that the manager is a massive part of his development.

In the main they have invested in talent in the 20-24 bracket, got a very good manager to work with them and improve them and grown the side into greater than the sum of their parts through good scouting, good recruitment and brilliant coaching.

Nzonzi is a good player but he's unlikely to improve at 29 and it's probable that he will decline a bit, and then 2/3 seasons later you probably have to replace him.

RBLeipzig are another team who do what Spurs have done. Identify the best young talents before they become big, and get them before they become £50m players.

Surely that has to be the way for us.

And the rabble next door.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.