December 16, 2018, 06:27:29 PM

Author Topic: Our first trophy.  (Read 2348 times)

December 04, 2017, 06:28:28 PM
Read 2348 times

Simon Paul

Administrator

December 04, 2017, 09:35:21 PM
Reply #1

Simon Paul

Administrator
Ay, now hang on....

it doesn't matter if we are or we aren't though does it? as long as we celebrate Everton goals and shout at Everton players, then it's all good these days.

December 05, 2017, 03:00:55 AM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
What's up your arse at the moment? Proper dark on all things Everton.

Sorry I forgot, we've got a new manager and won two games that we should have won, so everything's boss again

We reached a low so low that we needed Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee less than a week ago. We've beaten Huddersfield and West Ham. What has changed?

December 05, 2017, 03:27:47 PM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yea, 'cos everyone is dancing in the streets aren't they?! Reckon you could give the hyperbole a miss for a wee while?

There's nothing wrong with trying to be positive, enjoying a couple of wins and looking forward to what might happen. We all wanted better than where we are, but this is the reality of it.

But carry on with the miserable ol' bastard routine. It's not grating, not in the slightest.

I enjoyed the wins. I've never not enjoyed an Everton win.

They just don't distract me too much from the fact that it will take a long time to come back from where we have ended up.

Questions need to be asked at a much higher level than manager, though

December 05, 2017, 05:14:51 PM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
Of course they do, I'd never disagree with that. Hell I've said as much.

You get where I'm coming from though? It seems you haven't posted anything positive for quite a while now. You seem pretty disillusioned by the whole thing, which is fair in comparison to the early promise and enthusiasm we all had.

Allardyce is our manager now, and for the next 18 months I want him to be a huge success, because that translates as Everton being successful. I just think that's the best attitude, for a stable state of mind if nothing more.

I want Everton to win.

I don't see Sam Allardyce as being the one to make that happen more often than it doesn't, though.

On MOTD Extra at the weekend, someone said that if West Ham and Huddersfield had been Unsworth's first two games in charge then we'd have all been saying he deserved the job until the end of the season.  They were games that should have been on Koeman's "expected wins" list. 

Sunday will tell us a lot about Allardyce and what we can expect over the next 18 months.  It won't be pretty, but if it works then it stops a rot.  Do we need 18 months to do that in?  Or do we need six months and then look for a manager that makes a statement as to where we want to be?

December 05, 2017, 05:24:47 PM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
Maybe that's what will transpire, it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

not going to pay out over 50m to replace two different managerial teams in one season though are we?

December 05, 2017, 05:38:21 PM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
I wouldn't have thought so, but then I've n idea how deep the purse is?

well if we were having to pay compensation to another club for our new manager then we could end up spending 70m on managerial teams in six months!

that's almost two Gylfi Sigurdsson's!

December 06, 2017, 02:50:45 AM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
How do you get to 50M compensation?

Was told Koeman and his staff got 35m between them

If Allardyce is sacked then him and his back room staff will get around 15m if it's in May, rough guess

Then paying any compo deal for the new boss...