October 15, 2019, 11:01:46 PM

Author Topic: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang  (Read 7117 times)

December 08, 2017, 01:06:44 PM
Read 7117 times

Waltzer

The thing that I find more unbelievable about this is the price quoted, in a world where Neymar goes for 185 million, or there abouts, same for Mbappe, why would Dortmund let one of the most prolific strikers in World football go for 60?

December 08, 2017, 01:10:18 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

How many expected Samuel E'eto to come here? Regardless of how it ended.

He was in his mid 50's though, not the prime of his career like Aubameyang

December 08, 2017, 05:34:08 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

Because he turns 30 at the end of next season.

Have you just fast forwarded 2 years to make your point seem more valid? He isnt 30 and were not at the end of next season, that season and a half could result in 30+ goals and millions in terms of league placings and potential European qualification.

Higuain went for more than this pre Neymar/Mbappe silly money and was 28

December 08, 2017, 06:01:09 PM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Like I said - don't believe it in the slightest.

Im still expecting a statement from Moshiri, via Jim White, at the end of another failed January transfer window stating we agreed everything with him then at the last minute he backed out, thats the reason we ended up with no reinforcements

December 08, 2017, 06:08:20 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

(This guy aside) I know we need you bring the average age down and all that - a couple of 24 year of CBs would take our average age down by like 100years or so - but should we turn down top end players because they’re 30? Tbh I’d take Zlatan tomorrow and give him a 2 year deal.

Age is just a number, it works with both young and old and it depends what our priority is, if its sell on value then go young, if its improving the team then we should get whatever we need regardless of age.
Lets not forget 32 year old Ronaldo won his 5th Ballon d'or yesterday despite 25 year old Neymar being on the scene and the most expensive footballer ever