January 21, 2018, 10:51:47 AM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Liverpool  (Read 3205 times)

December 11, 2017, 02:42:47 AM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

He had to double up on Salah most of the match.

Most of our midfielder's are going to come out as poor ratings when the game plan is to bypass them.

Agree with you on today's game but he's clearly not the playmaker we need. He's a player who has great moments. We need players who take control of games if we are going to look upwards to the top 6

December 11, 2017, 02:50:35 AM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think I saw anyone actually try and pass the ball to him to be fair.

He put a shift in and took on the managers instructions which is all you can ask for in games like that

He's played really well in recent weeks.

December 11, 2017, 03:04:09 AM
Reply #17

Fynci

Martina is not a LB. He was poor but he shouldn’t have been in that position in the first place. The fact we have no backup is where the blame should really lie.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

December 11, 2017, 03:10:23 AM
Reply #18

howard1334

Perhaps the development over the last 3 prem games that I am most excited about is Holgate's emergence as a viable CB option. It has been great to see.

December 11, 2017, 03:20:50 AM
Reply #19

The Analog Kid

Who got MotM on Sky? Kenny got it on the BBC

December 11, 2017, 03:32:47 AM
Reply #20

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 11, 2017, 03:39:26 AM
Reply #21

Macca77

Kenny by miles, he was immense

December 11, 2017, 04:09:41 AM
Reply #22

sam of the south

My favourite Kenny moment was when he stopped Mane (I think) in the first half, and as the ball went out for a throw he started pogoing up and down with a bit of 'ave some of that, you fucking red shite' passion! 😜
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 11, 2017, 04:24:33 AM
Reply #23

WeimaranerBlues

Kenny just shaded MOTM from Williams for me.  Holgate up there too.  Thought Gueye had a decent game too, despite the early yellow. Still got too many mistakes in us, and that wastefulness in possession, but heads are no longer dropping.  The two Sam's breathing down necks from the touchline is making a difference.  Anyone read the Echo ratings?  Not sure they were watching the same game.

Always check them to have a laugh,  always thought on principle that if you defend as a unit/tactics and restrict the opposition to 3 shots on target away from Home then you should get a decent score so , its not like they run us ragged with last ditch tackles &Pickford making save after save

Kenny MOTM and an 8 rest 7 and Martina 4. 
Midfield 6 with Davies 5
DC-L 6 Naisse 5
Lennon 6 Morgs 5
But them Echo stats are utter bollocks Joe Gomez a fucking 9 , he had fuckall to do
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:33:16 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

December 11, 2017, 04:24:36 AM
Reply #24

sam of the south

Perhaps the development over the last 3 prem games that I am most excited about is Holgate's emergence as a viable CB option. It has been great to see.

@Evertonian in NC is wanking himself silly at this

December 11, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
Reply #25

The Analog Kid

My favourite Kenny moment was when he stopped Mane (I think) in the first half, and as the ball went out for a throw he started pogoing up and down with a bit of 'ave some of that, you fucking red shite' passion! 😜

That was the moment I posted the “Kenny is fucking loving this”

He was proper getting stuck in!

December 11, 2017, 04:43:39 AM
Reply #26

sam of the south

That was the moment I posted the “Kenny is fucking loving this”

He was proper getting stuck in!

Yeah, it gave me a proper chubby 🍆

December 11, 2017, 06:02:00 AM
Reply #27

blueski

numbers aside I think DCL's performance is a little underrated - he was effectively alone up top the whole game with a lot on his shoulders to provide an outlet and win balls

he actually won the ball fairly often and I think the fact that he was immediately mobbed by 3-4 defenders with no one giving him an easy outlet made it look a little ineffectual

won us a crafty pen as well

with a shred of support around him he might have been able to platform us some possession in dangerous areas
Nil Satis

December 11, 2017, 06:07:24 AM
Reply #28

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Some harsh scores on Martina and Gueye I think.

I think Kenny was MOTM. Everyone else was quite average, I'm not sure Martina was any worse than Davies.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 11, 2017, 01:55:13 PM
Reply #29

MarcusFenix

Some harsh scores on Martina and Gueye I think.

3s and 4s for Martina is very harsh IMO. Yes he is very much a square peg in a round hole but that's not his fault.

He was up against one of the most in form players in Europe currently, he stuck to his task as manfully as he could and helped the defence as a whole to restrict that rampant attacking force to relatively few clear cut opportunities.

Obviously wouldn't mark him a 7 or 8 but I think a 6 would certainly be more reflective of how he played as part of the whole defensive unit in an alien position.

Just remember also that Kenny, Williams and Holgate were playing in their natural, preferred positions
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles