February 26, 2018, 04:01:53 AM

Author Topic: Newcastle V Everton.  (Read 9993 times)

December 13, 2017, 01:48:41 AM
Reply #60

eyesalwaysblue

Remember how bad the international breaks are though...bring it on.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 13, 2017, 03:04:58 AM
Reply #61

Juanito

Itll be interesting to see how we adapt our approach from the derby. Youd obviously expect to do a lot more with the ball.

Since Big Sam took over, if you include the West Ham game, our possession percentage has not gone above 47%. Results have been good but its not been about keeping the ball.

December 13, 2017, 03:34:20 AM
Reply #62

blue slug

I think thats cos our players struggle with passing to be honest, Davies gave the ball away a bit again Sunday, we seem to be quite slow with build up play to but hopefully Sam will change these things

December 13, 2017, 04:39:45 AM
Reply #63

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 13, 2017, 11:53:33 AM
Reply #64

Lxxx

30th competitive game of the season in 20 weeks.  Its exhausting.

We have 31 players in our fully fit senior squad. Our problem isn't numbers it's quality and we should have enough fresh players to keep it going, if the likes of Klasssan, Sandro etc... were contributing more.

December 13, 2017, 12:17:34 PM
Reply #65

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We have 31 players in our fully fit senior squad. Our problem isn't numbers it's quality and we should have enough fresh players to keep it going, if the likes of Klasssan, Sandro etc... were contributing more.

Not for them, i meant for me!  Theres no time to process and relax and build up to the next game.  Its BANG BANG BANG one after the other.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 13, 2017, 12:18:26 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

30th competitive game of the season in 20 weeks.  Its exhausting.

December 13, 2017, 12:58:02 PM
Reply #67

TSGun

We're approaching this game at a good time relatively speaking. Surely the mantra is 'keep building'.

There's little doubt we're a great chance of winning against Newcastle but...the hurdles keep coming.

Personally I wont be putting any hard earned on a victory but there's now a little spark, an ember warming the bitter winds that have been howling lately.

December 13, 2017, 01:55:43 PM
Reply #68

GrantyBoy78

Id take a clean sheet from this and see if we can sneak a win. While results have been good recently and taken the pressure off a bit - weve gone and put the pressure back on in a different capacity; these are shite, well murder these.

It was only 2 weeks ago we got absolutely battered by a very average Southampton.

Baby steps.

Draw here and then look to have a proper go at Swansea under the lights at Goodison.

December 13, 2017, 02:42:46 PM
Reply #69

Lxxx

Id take a clean sheet from this and see if we can sneak a win. While results have been good recently and taken the pressure off a bit - weve gone and put the pressure back on in a different capacity; these are shite, well murder these.

It was only 2 weeks ago we got absolutely battered by a very average Southampton.

Baby steps.

Draw here and then look to have a proper go at Swansea under the lights at Goodison.

True. An unbeaten run is what we should be aiming for to build some confidence and momentum. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's only been 11 months since we pulled a performance out on our travels let's not forget.

December 13, 2017, 03:39:31 PM
Reply #70

Morta75

This is a draw all over it... 1-1 with Niasse as scorer

December 13, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

The plus side of having a lot of tough games early doors means that if you can get a run going when fixtures look more favourable then suddenly the table, and our situation, looks a lot healthier once things settle down into the second phase of fixtures.

December 13, 2017, 04:11:56 PM
Reply #72

everton1952

Somebody mentioned the lack of passing or poor passing. Hopefully the new coaching team can do something about the awful midfield of Gueye and Davies both of whom rarely pass a ball to a colleague. Davies should be binned for the time being for lack of overall quality. Gueye does have other qualities even if he can't pass straight. The combination is deadly to team fluency. Surely Vlasic is better than either player. I am not sure about Besic. If he came on I would not recognise him, it seems that long since he appeared.

December 13, 2017, 04:18:34 PM
Reply #73

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Somebody mentioned the lack of passing or poor passing. Hopefully the new coaching team can do something about the awful midfield of Gueye and Davies both of whom rarely pass a ball to a colleague. Davies should be binned for the time being for lack of overall quality. Gueye does have other qualities even if he can't pass straight. The combination is deadly to team fluency. Surely Vlasic is better than either player. I am not sure about Besic. If he came on I would not recognise him, it seems that long since he appeared.
Sign of old age when you cant remember a week ago

Simply simply lovely

December 13, 2017, 04:53:49 PM
Reply #74

ally2

I have a blind love for Gueye. Can't have a bad word said against him!