September 21, 2018, 09:24:05 AM

Author Topic: Stefan De Vrij  (Read 4203 times)

December 18, 2017, 12:02:44 AM
Reply #45

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No more Klassen's thank you. Cruyff would have been OK though. Any more fancy names out of the top hat?

There's a big world outside of Everton you know.

December 18, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
Reply #46

everton1952

Is there some kind of immutable forum rule that there should always be at least one rambling head the ball at all times?
I take it English may be not your first language? I had difficulty with the use of the last adjective followed by a verb then a noun. Not a good word construction at all. Try and re-phrase it.

December 18, 2017, 12:06:04 AM
Reply #47

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I take it English may be not your first language? I had difficulty with the use of the last adjective followed by a verb then a noun. Not a good word construction at all. Try and re-phrase it.

Your first sentence is shit.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 18, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
Reply #48

everton1952

Well spotted!! or Spotted well.

December 18, 2017, 12:19:50 AM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

How about suck me ollies
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 18, 2017, 02:26:41 AM
Reply #50

everton1952

How about suck me ollies
At least that is more grammatically correct, apart from "me" for "my". The meaning is plain which is the main thing I suppose?

December 18, 2017, 03:10:24 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
At least that is more grammatically correct, apart from "me" for "my". The meaning is plain which is the main thing I suppose?

I think our issue stems from your misunderstanding of my informal or colloquial language. Sincere apologies.

I should really have hyphenated it to head-the-ball, or maybe capitalised it if we really are prioritising clarity of meaning over grammatical correctness.

I believe it’s called zero derivation, in which a verb is normalised into a noun. Common in informal speech and slang, often idiomatic as it is in this case.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 18, 2017, 05:06:16 AM
Reply #52

Jamokachi

Technically yes as the word Wales was old English for foreigner

And the word for England in Welsh is derived from "stolen land" :)

December 18, 2017, 05:09:24 AM
Reply #53

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
And the word for England in Welsh is derived from "stolen land" :)

Which I also knew
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 18, 2017, 05:10:26 AM
Reply #54

Jamokachi

December 18, 2017, 05:17:21 AM
Reply #55

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

December 18, 2017, 05:23:39 AM
Reply #56

Ross

Does “Ashley Williams” in Welsh mean “turns slower than the Royal Iris and has as much control over a football than Daniel Day Lewis in my left foot tied behind my back”?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 18, 2017, 05:46:41 AM
Reply #57

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Does “Ashley Williams” in Welsh mean “turns slower than the Royal Iris and has as much control over a football than Daniel Day Lewis in my left foot tied behind my back”?

Possibly. Does Ross mean 'boring cunt'?

December 18, 2017, 05:47:25 AM
Reply #58

Jamokachi

No, it means "Ross is a broken record". Sorry.

December 18, 2017, 06:24:05 AM
Reply #59

Ross

God you've got me there Jamo...

...I mean it’s not like Wales have ever been so desperate for football players in the past

....wasn’t he “Captain” as well?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.