October 21, 2018, 03:28:04 AM

Author Topic: Left Back - Do we buy one in January?  (Read 7402 times)

December 21, 2017, 06:11:32 AM
Reply #60

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I saw Leighton Baines on a Wigan highlights reel on Facebook the other day for some premiership page. He looked so young back then *sniff*
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

December 21, 2017, 06:14:04 AM
Reply #61

Thomas

I saw Leighton Baines on a Wigan highlights reel on Facebook the other day for some premiership page. He looked so young back then *sniff*

December 27, 2017, 04:03:00 PM
Reply #62

april

was it Masuaku?
Yes, just seen him now again vs Bournemouth. Canít comment on his defending, but he looks great in possession and on the attack.
Toffeegirls Rule.

December 27, 2017, 04:11:52 PM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, just seen him now again vs Bournemouth. Canít comment on his defending, but he looks great in possession and on the attack.

I've been thinking this but I'm sure he was really shite last season.

Last couple of games he's been brilliant, think Moyes has has even been putting him in midfield.

December 27, 2017, 04:14:30 PM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He had a stinker last season till they played us. Think he is poor defensively but quick and mobile going forward
Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2017, 04:15:03 PM
Reply #65

eugene

No question we need a left back, it saddens me to say bains has peeked and come out the other side, along with a striker the position is a priority to fill

December 27, 2017, 04:29:29 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

If one comes available in January then great but not really top priority. Baines is back in January and Garbutt is eligible to be used as and when needed too which, when compared to Martina in that position, has to be at least as good of an option bearing in mind he actually has a left foot so offers balance and will be playing to prove he has a future.

December 27, 2017, 04:34:24 PM
Reply #67

Gary1878

Could Jonjo or Seamus do a job on the left? Imagine having both of them on the pitch if we could convert one into a LB. Depends if they practiced with their left foot against the wall when they were smaller!

December 27, 2017, 04:49:32 PM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

Anybody considered that Bainesy might be a fair bit better when he comes back now that we have some semblance of shape and defensive organisation in the team, just as all the other defenders now look much better? The rest will also have done him the world of good. Yes we need another player at LB, but I suspect he's being written off far too quickly (unusually for our fans).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 27, 2017, 05:10:25 PM
Reply #69

School of Science

Been a great servant, but we should be looking for the new Baines now, age and injuries have taken their toll. A recurrence of his thigh injury now is the latest.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 27, 2017, 05:13:33 PM
Reply #70

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Been a great servant, but we should be looking for the new Baines now, age and injuries have taken their toll. A recurrence of his thigh injury now is the latest.
Of course we should.
Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2017, 05:33:17 PM
Reply #71

School of Science

Of course we should.

To think a few years ago we had the two best fullbacks in the league, in my opinion. Our poor wingers also compound the lack of width in our team. We do need our luck to change in the new year on the injury front.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 27, 2017, 05:39:30 PM
Reply #72

GrantyBoy78

Whether itís Baines, Garbutt or a new signing; we need a left-footer in at LB ASAP. We simply canít attack down the left at the moment due to Martina being so right-footed. Not his fault but our attacks constantly break down because he was to check back onto his right foot. Then the ball gets switched to the right (usually slowly) and the opposition have already anticipated it. Really stifling our play and makes us unbalanced and predictable.

December 27, 2017, 05:48:16 PM
Reply #73

Gash

Global Moderator
If Garbutt's any ambition at all to play at this level he'll be knocking on the manager's door and asking for a squad number in January to be given a chance to prove himself.

December 27, 2017, 05:53:51 PM
Reply #74

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If Garbutt's any ambition at all to play at this level he'll be knocking on the manager's door and asking for a squad number in January to be given a chance to prove himself.
He's meant to be a big time Charlie which is Unreal considering he is 25 and done fuck all
Simply simply lovely