December 16, 2018, 12:18:40 AM

Author Topic: Non League Football (COLFC/Bootle/Marine/Runcorn Town/Prescot Cables etc)  (Read 2972 times)

December 21, 2017, 04:32:41 AM
Reply #15

Thomas

That ''COLFC'' just look like a firm of self righteous Kopites to me though.  Be arsed going to watch them.

Everyone's sound, atmosphere is good and met many blues who go home and away.

Otherwise glad you enjoyed the Prescot game.

December 21, 2017, 06:26:24 PM
Reply #16

Bluenose 91

Everyone's sound, atmosphere is good and met many blues who go home and away.

Otherwise glad you enjoyed the Prescot game.

Fair enough.

Think that just mainly come from an interview I read with one of the fellas involved with them.

He's a red and was saying they basically get more reds than blues going COLFC cos ''That whole culture of going for a drink and the game with your mates is something that's more prevalent amongst Reds and hasn't really caught on with Blues yet'' or words to that effect.

Carrying on like they invented going for a bevvy before the game.

December 21, 2017, 06:43:30 PM
Reply #17

Cereal Killer

Fair enough.

Think that just mainly come from an interview I read with one of the fellas involved with them.

He's a red and was saying they basically get more reds than blues going COLFC cos ''That whole culture of going for a drink and the game with your mates is something that's more prevalent amongst Reds and hasn't really caught on with Blues yet'' or words to that effect.

Well there's not much else to do whilst waiting in the departure lounge for your flight is there?

December 22, 2017, 01:44:15 AM
Reply #18

Alanvideo

Fair enough.

...............FFS maybe he's never been down County Road on matchday   :cheers:
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 22, 2017, 06:17:54 PM
Reply #19

mikey_blue

When I lived in Crosby I used to have a Season ticket for Everton and go to marine when Everton were away.

Nice little ground. Played there once in a charity match. The pitch was rock hard!!

Scored a screamer at that ground when I was a kid. Left peg about 25 yards out. It was meant to be a cross like but fuck off, they don't need to know that.

December 24, 2017, 05:33:38 PM
Reply #20

Mayor Farnum

I used to go to Marine. The experience was totally different from top league football so I never felt there was any clash or pull on my loyalties.

December 30, 2017, 02:00:12 PM
Reply #21

therealdunc

How much is the entry price for a Marine game?
Blue

December 30, 2017, 03:06:52 PM
Reply #22

Alanvideo

How much is the entry price for a Marine game?
....................10 ,5 con. + 5 for Everton STH's I think
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 13, 2018, 05:36:36 AM
Reply #23

Thomas

"Why I gave up supporting Liverpool in favour of non-league Marine FC"
t=32s

January 13, 2018, 06:11:49 AM
Reply #24

Thomas

January 13, 2018, 07:53:20 AM
Reply #25

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
And the players and managers don't whinge like the PL.
My other team, 1874 Northwich, have 33 games left to play in 108 days assuming we win no more cup matches!
If we do keep winning cup games the Spurs game may just be the first of two trips to Wembley for us this season. The FA Vase final is there in May.☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 13, 2018, 09:41:06 AM
Reply #26

Thomas

My other team, 1874 Northwich, have 33 games left to play in 108 days assuming we win no more cup matches!
If we do keep winning cup games the Spurs game may just be the first of two trips to Wembley for us this season. The FA Vase final is there in May.☺

Glorious isn't it. When all is said and done watching your team in the FA Vase on a Thursday Night  in some random village singing with your loyal following (and sometimes even the players/coaching staff!) in a pub next to a farm, then having a (reasonably priced) pint and pie WHILST your watching the game and singing your heart out watching players who play with their heart on their sleeves..........thats what its all about. The glamour, money, elitism and extortionist nature of the Premier League all seem very hollow when you go to see your local non league team.

I'm seriously considering ditching not only my season ticket but premier league football altogether as Everton is run more like a brand now than a football team, the business comes first and success on the pitch comes second. Even the fans think like businessman, not supporters.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:42:41 AM by Thomas »

January 13, 2018, 09:48:47 AM
Reply #27

Thomas

Just clocked mate your in the same league (HSL/NWCFL Div1) as COLFC aren't you? Near the bottom though where as COLFC are having a good first season in that league.
http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/league-tables.php

January 13, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
Reply #28

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just clocked mate your in the same league (HSL/NWCFL Div1) as COLFC aren't you? Near the bottom though where as COLFC are having a good first season in that league.
http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/league-tables.php
Near the bottom because we have 14 (yes, fourteen!) games in hand over some teams. Without the cup runs we could be looking at promotion. Probably between us and Runcorn Linnets.

I don't feel I need to choose between the two levels of football. I agree with virtually all you say above but at Everton there is still the opportunity to see our team playing in one of the best leagues in the world. The big crowd atmosphere and media hype isn't there at non league level. However the two are not mutually exclusive. They are so different that there is no conflict, they both have their respective strengths and weaknesses. One can follow both.
As I've said in other threads it does you give one an appreciation of football as a whole.

If you go to '74' and buy a programme the stats you read are down to me!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:06:42 PM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 13, 2018, 11:35:46 PM
Reply #29

Thomas

Near the bottom because we have 14 (yes, fourteen!) games in hand over some teams. Without the cup runs we could be looking at promotion. Probably between us and Runcorn Linnets.

I don't feel I need to choose between the two levels of football. I agree with virtually all you say above but at Everton there is still the opportunity to see our team playing in one of the best leagues in the world. The big crowd atmosphere and media hype isn't there at non league level. However the two are not mutually exclusive. They are so different that there is no conflict, they both have their respective strengths and weaknesses. One can follow both.
As I've said in other threads it does you give one an appreciation of football as a whole.

If you go to '74' and buy a programme the stats you read are down to me!!

Haha how many games have you had postponed? Stadium must be destroyed lol