July 23, 2018, 05:06:09 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier  (Read 4625 times)

December 19, 2017, 05:21:10 AM
Read 4625 times

Everton News

Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier

Everton boss Sam Allardyce says all that was needed to turn around the fortunes at the club was to simplify the game.

Source: Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier

December 19, 2017, 05:44:39 AM
Reply #1

everton1952

All credit to him for turning the results around and bringing confidence back to some shattered players. In the longer term he will be judged on whether he can bring a return to the style Evertonians like to see.

December 19, 2017, 01:40:25 PM
Reply #2

therealdunc

All credit to him for turning the results around and bringing confidence back to some shattered players. In the longer term he will be judged on whether he can bring a return to the style Evertonians like to see.

This Everton style is a myth. We have never really had one.
Im old enough to go back to the mid 70s and our teams always did whatever was necessary to win.

The manager with the most noticeable style was Roberto Martinez and it was completely ineffective, possession for possessions sake.
Blue

December 19, 2017, 01:51:41 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Would love us to play some football and control a game with the ball, at some point.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 19, 2017, 02:00:12 PM
Reply #4

Smingers

I don't care how we play as long as we win games. And hopefully win some trophies! Let's go all out against them lot in the FA Cup and stick it up em!

COYB

December 19, 2017, 02:01:17 PM
Reply #5

di_guyo

Im old enough to go back to the mid 70s and our teams always did whatever was necessary to win.

The manager with the most noticeable style was Roberto Martinez and it was completely ineffective, possession for possessions sake.

... In his second season
Everton & Atleti

December 19, 2017, 05:13:45 PM
Reply #6

Lincs Toffee

I don't care how we play as long as we win games. And hopefully win some trophies! Let's go all out against them lot in the FA Cup and stick it up em!

COYB
I think if we do, I could see us reaching the semis at least.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

December 19, 2017, 05:21:07 PM
Reply #7

gizzblue

Scrappy points over stylish losing all fucking day.

December 19, 2017, 05:49:31 PM
Reply #8

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Would love us to play some football and control a game with the ball, at some point.

Tbf I think Sam does too. He's mentioned several times after games that we need to do more in possession.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 19, 2017, 05:58:34 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What he definitely doesnt want is slow, meandering backwards passing that ends up at the keeper; as, unless you are really good at getting out of tight situations, you end up getting deeper and deeper and the keeper just wellies it away.

This is exacerbated by the fact that the forwards have had to drop deep with the rest of the team.

December 19, 2017, 06:02:15 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Tbf I think Sam does too. He's mentioned several times after games that we need to do more in possession.

Which is why I think Schneiderlin and Gueye cannot play together. Neither offer anything constructive with the ball and Schneiderlin offers very little without it either. As soon as Davies comes on Rooney drops deep and Davies moves forwards, and vice versa, which means we have interchangeable options with the ball. I'd much rather have Sig and Rooney in the middle swapping positions as Davies, for all his promise, still doesn't actually deliver much and with a natural outlet like Bolasie on the left we can start to threaten.
If we can then get an upgrade on Lennon and DCL we might actually start to look as if we can get a foothold in games again. 

December 19, 2017, 06:54:46 PM
Reply #11

dangermouse

I think if we do, I could see us reaching the semis at least.

Based on?
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

December 19, 2017, 07:08:38 PM
Reply #12

Lincs Toffee

Based on absolutely fuck all really, other than a splash of wishful thinking and knowing that our confidence levels will be up and we will have players back from injury who will make us even better and harder to beat.

I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

December 19, 2017, 08:07:07 PM
Reply #13

everton1952

But you are only a relatively new fan. The Harvey,Ball,Kendall side had style. Oh, and even in your early days if you could manage to see over the wall,  Manager Kendall's 80's team had style.  Can't remember any others though.

December 19, 2017, 08:18:41 PM
Reply #14

Mayor Farnum

But you are only a relatively new fan. The Harvey,Ball,Kendall side had style. Oh, and even in your early days if you could manage to see over the wall,  Manager Kendall's 80's team had style.  Can't remember any others though.

Kendall's philosophy is close to that of Allardyce. Get the ball into the oppositions half early and play from there.