June 23, 2018, 02:12:53 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier  (Read 4478 times)

December 21, 2017, 05:36:13 AM
Reply #75

van der Meyde

I tend to have more (max/peak) pleasure from a blistering counterattack (Leicester 15/16 and Mourinho's teams) than I do from a more deliberate style of play (e.g. Guardiola).

I don't think it's contrarian to think that either. As @GLewis said, we probably struggle to remember the majority of the match. Many will probably get more pleasure overall from typical Guardiola, but I prefer the raw athleticism allayed with skill of direct football.

That's not to say that Guardiola teams can't do that, they do, but it's not what I would associate them with.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:38:54 AM by van der Meyde »

December 21, 2017, 02:13:55 PM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I tend to have more (max/peak) pleasure from a blistering counterattack (Leicester 15/16 and Mourinho's teams) than I do from a more deliberate style of play (e.g. Guardiola).

I don't think it's contrarian to think that either. As @GLewis said, we probably struggle to remember the majority of the match. Many will probably get more pleasure overall from typical Guardiola, but I prefer the raw athleticism allayed with skill of direct football.

That's not to say that Guardiola teams can't do that, they do, but it's not what I would associate them with.

In the past I wouldn’t say they have but he’s got Sane and DeBruyne in this side who are purely athletic direct midfielders who don’t know the meaning of passive possession, but he’s of course getting what he needs out of them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2017, 02:24:36 PM
Reply #77

Bluedylan

In the past I wouldn’t say they have but he’s got Sane and DeBruyne in this side who are purely athletic direct midfielders who don’t know the meaning of passive possession, but he’s of course getting what he needs out of them.

And he's got a keeper capable of pinging a 50 yard pass on a sixpence over a high press when needed, so he's developed and adapted his style to combat those who combated the earlier inception of tiki-taka.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.