November 19, 2018, 08:40:32 AM

Author Topic: January Clear Out  (Read 4481 times)

December 19, 2017, 07:31:43 PM
Read 4481 times

dax78

I think we have way too much dead wood at the club right now. If a major clear-out was carried out in January / summer it still would not in any way weaken the squad while freeing up a lot of wages.

Get Rid list:-
Stek
Not so super kev
Jags (we still have Williams, Holegate, Keane and Fumes)
McCarthy
Besic
Klassen (I know I know, is it to soon to judge. No, he wont cut it I'm afraid)
Sandro  (harsh?)

It just annoys me, that we have accumulated all these players, draining funds, and contributing the total sum of Fuck all to the club

Hans segers is a legend ;)

December 19, 2017, 07:33:56 PM
Reply #1

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Maybe not Jags JUST yet, but I'd sack ALL of them off for a good, hungry, youngish 1 in 2 striker (+ his big wages and other temptations), like Aubameyang or the like.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:35:36 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

December 19, 2017, 07:37:40 PM
Reply #2

Macca77

Put them all in the bin

December 19, 2017, 07:39:05 PM
Reply #3

Django

Jags? Are you for real, he's still our best CB by far and would be playing now was it not for injury allowing the Holgate-Williams partnership to flourish. Fully expect him to be back in in the next few games.

I'd get rid of:
Besic
Mirallas
McCarthy
Sandro
Klaasen
Barkley

December 19, 2017, 07:39:37 PM
Reply #4

dax78

Put them all in the bin

Agreed.
How has it got to a place where we can sack off 7 first team squad members, without it having any impact on the first team.

December 19, 2017, 07:41:26 PM
Reply #5

dax78

Jags? Are you for real, he's still our best CB by far and would be playing now was it not for injury allowing the Holgate-Williams partnership to flourish. Fully expect him to be back in in the next few games.

I'd get rid of:
Besic
Mirallas
McCarthy
Sandro
Klaasen
Barkley

I just cant see Jags getting back in, legs and sad to say heart seem to have gone for me. Great servant to the club though

December 19, 2017, 07:48:25 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

We must have some wage bill at the minute.

December 19, 2017, 07:52:46 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

I think we have way too much dead wood at the club right now. If a major clear-out was carried out in January / summer it still would not in any way weaken the squad while freeing up a lot of wages.

Get Rid list:-
Stek
Not so super kev
Jags (we still have Williams, Holegate, Keane and Fumes)
McCarthy
Besic
Klassen (I know I know, is it to soon to judge. No, he wont cut it I'm afraid)
Sandro  (harsh?)

It just annoys me, that we have accumulated all these players, draining funds, and contributing the total sum of Fuck all to the club

Why get rid of Stek when Robles is out of contract in the summer and is leaving?

No real issues with Kev, McCarthy or Besic going though. Jags should stay as hes still better than most of those you listed, fair play to Sam hes keeping faith with the players and until they make a mistake it should be that way, however, if you started from scratch I suspect the 2 cbs would still be Jags and Keane?

Like to see Sandro and Klassen given a chance before discarding but you need to earn that right, if they are up for the fight then id be happy to keep them.

And every team accumulates these players, no transfer is ever without doubt, its part and parcel of the game. I also doubt the players like being in this situation, do you think Klassen or Sandro thought this would happen? They're all professionals with short careers, they wouldnt want to waste a year getting no game time, regardless of the money they're on.

December 19, 2017, 08:38:35 PM
Reply #8

velimski

Loads, but Mirallas and Besic at the top of the pile.

December 19, 2017, 08:47:09 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

Add Niasse to that list

December 19, 2017, 08:47:24 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

No-one would pay actual money for Besic. Seriously what could either his agent or us point to that he has done in his time here to justify someone forking out for. A loan move would suit all parties to see if he actually has any talent or not.

December 19, 2017, 08:51:11 PM
Reply #11

Django

I just cant see Jags getting back in, legs and sad to say heart seem to have gone for me. Great servant to the club though

Gotta disagree there pal, he's not quite done yet I don't think, still got the legs from what I can see. By all means have Holgate ahead of him and anyone else younger. But still has a lot to offer.

December 19, 2017, 08:53:32 PM
Reply #12

BlueBeagle

No-one would pay actual money for Besic. Seriously what could either his agent or us point to that he has done in his time here to justify someone forking out for. A loan move would suit all parties to see if he actually has any talent or not.

Takled Bale once a few years ago on international duty.

Sum total of his last 4 years as a player.

December 19, 2017, 08:53:53 PM
Reply #13

Lxxx

Pointless getting rid of Jags. He's an experienced guy to have around, can slot in when needed and is club captain. He can also still do the business when called upon.

December 19, 2017, 08:57:34 PM
Reply #14

Django

Add Niasse to that list

Yep, let's rid ourselves of our second top scorer who's got by far the best mins to goals ratio in the squad