July 23, 2018, 10:38:44 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 13920 times)

December 24, 2017, 01:36:24 AM
Reply #465

KoemansNumberTens

Hi Simon,
Your coming across as really bitter

Seems Sam can do no right

There were so few options going forward today, the same circumstances that Sam has faced since taking over, yet people expect miracles in both defence and attack

Really donít get it

This month was all about getting as many points as possible, nothing else

Your judging s manager on 6 games with someone elseís unbalanced squad including a game vs the champs and a game away at our rivals who we havenít beaten in decades at their place
Really harsh

That's not the half of it though. We've 14 points from them 6 games and he's judging him negatively

How's silva doing who half the forum wanted based on nothing really. They are 4pts behind us now and I think allardyce gave him a 9pt start. Had he come here and produced watfords recent form we'd be in the middle of a relegation battle now

December 24, 2017, 01:38:08 AM
Reply #466

bluenuck

whats the news on Gueye?

How long?

December 24, 2017, 01:38:45 AM
Reply #467

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yes, an awful unbalanced squad that the top six wouldn't consider taking a single outfield player off us. Minus a few injuries since August by the way.

we all know what we wrote back in August.  There's no need for me to waste time trawling through your posts to bring it back up.

Hi Simon,
Your coming across as really bitter

Seems Sam can do no right

There were so few options going forward today, the same circumstances that Sam has faced since taking over, yet people expect miracles in both defence and attack

Really donít get it

This month was all about getting as many points as possible, nothing else

Your judging s manager on 6 games with someone elseís unbalanced squad including a game vs the champs and a game away at our rivals who we havenít beaten in decades at their place
Really harsh

if by "bitter" you mean someone who wants to see his side play good football then yes, you are spot on.

xxx

December 24, 2017, 01:41:42 AM
Reply #468

Simon Paul

Administrator
That's not the half of it though. We've 14 points from them 6 games and he's judging him negatively

How's silva doing who half the forum wanted based on nothing really. They are 4pts behind us now and I think allardyce gave him a 9pt start. Had he come here and produced watfords recent form we'd be in the middle of a relegation battle now

I'm judging the football played

But like I said three pages ago, it's like people like you can't separate performances from results.

Still, a win's a win.

December 24, 2017, 01:42:30 AM
Reply #469

Mayor Farnum

we all know what we wrote back in August.  There's no need for me to waste time trawling through your posts to bring it back up.

if by "bitter" you mean someone who wants to see his side play good football then yes, you are spot on.

xxx

You would be wasting your time if you think I got giddy because we overpaid for lower-half Premier League players and imports from two-team leagues in Europe.

December 24, 2017, 01:44:27 AM
Reply #470

sam of the south

like the first half against Huddersfield?

or against Newcastle?

the results are good, but we're playing some proper boring football at times, even against utter shite sides like those above.

oh, and Palace.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Merry Christmas lad, I'm off for some of that sherry!

Blimey, Si.

How would you be reacting if we were actually losing games under Allardyce? 😳

It has had a whiff of Moyes' knife to a gunfight philosophy, but let's not forget just how open and panicked we looked before Allardyce and his backroom team arrived in the building.
(Not giving his crew all the credit for the West Ham performance, but knowing a totally new broom was sweeping clean would definitely have an effect on most at the club, whether that be optimism, relief, or fear)

And we are currently doing ok, even with the hapless Martina and Williams who are part of a now stingy defence, a midfield with a dearth of creativity, wings lacking real inspiration, and a forward group that is among the weakest in the division.

Our summer recruitment was shown up under both Koeman's and Unsworth's respective reigns to be lopsided at best, and disatrous at worst; it is apparent to me that Lukaku and Barkley really carried us last year, and neither were replaced (top-class striker and ball carrying midfielder) 

If we are still playing solidly and conservatively after the January Window has closed yet we are also starting to lose our fair share of games, then I agree that the appointment of Allardyce and his staff will not be to my liking.

However, if we carry on winning and not losing, and there is steady improvement in our ambition on the pitch I will be cool with it all, just like I am now.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 24, 2017, 01:46:16 AM
Reply #471

KoemansNumberTens

xxx

I think he just means bitter. You had a very negative opinion on allardyce when he came. An opinion shared by most. Most have softened with the results and his interviews. You just refuse to

Good football such as what? When did we ever play good football. 1 year under Martinez. Couple of seasons here and there under Moyes. So 3 or 4 seasons of maybe the last 20. Let you give allardyce no time to get his own players in before making judgements and that despite the results being fantastic

Utd don't play good football. Liverpool don't get the results they should because they are as lobsided as us (attack to our defence) and not half as pragmatic.

I'd love to see us play good football but we don't have quality attacking players. Who did you want? Who's this mythical manager that would have turned DCL into Aguero. Lennon into Salah. Sigurdsson into Pogba??

We were hopeless. We are now winning and defensively we've been superb. Enjoy it.

December 24, 2017, 01:46:50 AM
Reply #472

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Surely you would admit that even Ian Holloway would struggle to get ninety minute performances out of the plodders and cloggers  Sam has at his disposal.
This squad is not full of plodders and cloggers tho
It's a side that finished comfortably 7th last season
Needed a new keeper, we signed the best English talent
Needed a new cb, signed a player who was massively rated and a full international
Needed creativity, signed sigurdsson and rooney
Needed a cf, fucked that up

Simply simply lovely

December 24, 2017, 01:47:09 AM
Reply #473

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Hard to enjoy not having a single shot on target at home though isn't it.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 24, 2017, 01:50:46 AM
Reply #474

therealdunc

I think he just means bitter. You had a very negative opinion on allardyce when he came. An opinion shared by most. Most have softened with the results and his interviews. You just refuse to

Good football such as what? When did we ever play good football. 1 year under Martinez. Couple of seasons here and there under Moyes. So 3 or 4 seasons of maybe the last 20. Let you give allardyce no time to get his own players in before making judgements and that despite the results being fantastic

Utd don't play good football. Liverpool don't get the results they should because they are as lobsided as us (attack to our defence) and not half as pragmatic.

I'd love to see us play good football but we don't have quality attacking players. Who did you want? Who's this mythical manager that would have turned DCL into Aguero. Lennon into Salah. Sigurdsson into Pogba??

We were hopeless. We are now winning and defensively we've been superb. Enjoy it.

This is it

Everton have never been famous for playing good football

We never have

We do not have a philosophy and the school of science stuff is bollocks

Everton play to win leagues and cups, and thatís all I want is to do
Blue

December 24, 2017, 01:51:39 AM
Reply #475

bluenuck

heated in here for us being undefeated in the last 6 league games...

defensively we're sorted now. We're not at all very pleasing on the eye going forward though. Let's see if Allardyce can figure out how to get us going forward now.

chill.

Anyway, How long is gueye gone for??

December 24, 2017, 01:53:04 AM
Reply #476

therealdunc

This squad is not full of plodders and cloggers tho
It's a side that finished comfortably 7th last season
Needed a new keeper, we signed the best English talent
Needed a new cb, signed a player who was massively rated and a full international
Needed creativity, signed sigurdsson and rooney
Needed a cf, fucked that up

Sold out best player, signed 4 slow number 10s and no wingers
Failed to move on ageing defenders
Didnít sign a left back
People are judging big sam on Koemans recruitment

Give Sam 2 transfer windows to get players in and more importantly out, then judge him
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:54:28 AM by therealdunc »
Blue

December 24, 2017, 02:05:02 AM
Reply #477

Simon Paul

Administrator
Hard to enjoy not having a single shot on target at home though isn't it.

Easier for some than is comfortable to be honest

December 24, 2017, 02:19:44 AM
Reply #478

blueski

when we have an actual striking talent capable of putting 15+ in the net a season I think its fair to have a go at Allardyce for being negative

who have we got? DCL? like him but lets be fair he's 2 solid years from being the goods if groomed carefully and sent out on loan to the right places. Rooney? fan favourite but he hasn't the legs anymore to threaten the league's best CB's one on one. Lennon? Solid tryer with a bit of pace who's past his shelf life and could never shoot or cross. Sig? Good allround player but capable of leading the line? no. Niasse - another tryer who just isn't good enough.

So Allardyce could play positive and lose or do what he's doing and grind out results.

Meanwhile he'll have to take some stick from some I guess. The concern will be whether or not we bring in actual forward talent to get us where we want to go or not. We couldn't hold on to Lukaku and didn't replace him and now have to convince a new Lukaku or 3 to come and play under Allardyce.
Nil Satis

December 24, 2017, 02:21:01 AM
Reply #479

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I couldn't see any striker scoring 15 plus from open play in our side tbh
Simply simply lovely