November 17, 2018, 02:46:39 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 16116 times)

December 23, 2017, 06:00:46 PM
Read 16116 times

School of Science

One ex Chelsea and one ex redshite, usual 50/50 representation then.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 23, 2017, 07:31:57 PM
Reply #1

School of Science

Think Keane and Jagielka have been immense up to now myself and DCL has played well off scraps. Cuco is worrying me though, midfield has played really well against a very good team.

December 23, 2017, 08:35:39 PM
Reply #2

School of Science

Donít want to see us approach a home match like that ever again.

He can get away with at this point of his reign but post-January, these performances have to be a thing of the past.

Want more myself, but we have a fair few injuries to our flair players and earlier on in the sea son that would have been a 4-0 defeat. Happy with that today, you can only play with what hand your dealt with.

December 23, 2017, 10:21:54 PM
Reply #3

School of Science

I've got to be honest here, and say that I'd much rather watch the opposition defend than watch Everton defend.

Agree with you, but before Allardyce this season we couldn't defend either. Don't forget a few weeks ago we were getting regularly stuffed, devoid of formation, hardly any tactics but to hide when in possession and playing totally without confidence. Keane played well today as did Williams and Jagielka, we have Holgate starring in defence, these are players who have been basically shite all season. Schneiderlin another who has come alive, whatever Sam says to them in still confidence. Today we had most of our flair attacking players missing through injury and illness, but nobody's talking about that. Let's see where we are in late January I for one am pleased with our progress so far with the same players.

December 24, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
Reply #4

School of Science

I'm judging the football played

But like I said three pages ago, it's like people like you can't separate performances from results.

Still, a win's a win.

So was the football so good with Koeman and the same team earlier in the season ?