August 16, 2018, 05:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 14272 times)

December 23, 2017, 09:13:49 PM
Reply #390

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Gana out for 4 games?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 23, 2017, 09:19:04 PM
Reply #391

Alanvideo

Don’t want to see us approach a home match like that ever again.

He can get away with at this point of his reign but post-January, these performances have to be a thing of the past.
...............does New Years Day count ? - cos it's going to be the same as today.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 23, 2017, 09:19:06 PM
Reply #392

Dr. Sponge

We've got a few players costing between £20-45m. We're not Huddersfield. Of course we should be playing some football. It'll do today but it will have to get better.

If we carry on playing like that and start to lose a few, if the deflections go in, or a long ranger flies in, people will get pissed off very quickly. 0 attempts on target at home should never be ok.

It doesn't matter how much we've spent, because a lot of it was spent very badly. If we went toe to toe with Chelsea today, with the players available to us, then we get absolutely tonked. Although I do agree that a lot of players are very poor in possession this season, I just think we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with that as long as we are finally getting the results.

I don't care about the shots on targets stats at all.. the only stats that matter at the moment is our undefeated run. We can't ask for much more than that, especially when you consider how we were performing a couple of months ago.

The only way our form could have been better is by beating those knobheads at Anfield, or beating the reigning champions today.

December 23, 2017, 09:21:19 PM
Reply #393

montanatoffeefan

Win, or at least draw, ugly. Couldn’t give a fuck.

Arsene Wenger just un-liked you on Facebook.
Everton forever.

December 23, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
Reply #394

Bluedylan

It doesn't matter how much we've spent, because a lot of it was spent very badly. If we went toe to toe with Chelsea today, with the players available to us, then we get absolutely tonked. Although I do agree that a lot of players are very poor in possession this season, I just think we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with that as long as we are finally getting the results.

I don't care about the shots on targets stats at all.. the only stats that matter at the moment is our undefeated run. We can't ask for much more than that, especially when you consider how we were performing a couple of months ago.

The only way our form could have been better is by beating those knobheads at Anfield, or beating the reigning champions today.

Can people comprehend that there's a massive middle ground between all out defence/pure hoofball, and toe-to-toe?

No one is expecting toe-to-toe or dazzling football. Just the occasional bit of football as a starter. Allardyce said the same, so I'm hardly going out on a limb.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 23, 2017, 09:34:09 PM
Reply #395

KoemansNumberTens

Can people comprehend that there's a massive middle ground between all out defence/pure hoofball, and toe-to-toe?

No one is expecting toe-to-toe or dazzling football. Just the occasional bit of football as a starter. Allardyce said the same, so I'm hardly going out on a limb.

We need better players.

December 23, 2017, 09:35:39 PM
Reply #396

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We've got a few players costing between £20-45m. We're not Huddersfield. Of course we should be playing some football. It'll do today but it will have to get better.

If we carry on playing like that and start to lose a few, if the deflections go in, or a long ranger flies in, people will get pissed off very quickly. 0 attempts on target at home should never be ok.

We’ve got some good players but not that many in the front positions.

No shots from the DCL tackle chance, Kenny crossing instead of pulling back just after half time, the Keane header and the the break where Azpilicueta tackled Sandro is due to not having top players in those areas.

We obviously need to be better overall but a clinical side can still be defensive and win the game.

We need a top forward.

December 23, 2017, 09:37:52 PM
Reply #397

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We need some genuine pace up top to make that kinda performance work better from an attacking standpoint.

December 23, 2017, 09:39:36 PM
Reply #398

montanatoffeefan

Think the issue right now is what a massive gap formed early this season between Everton and a competent football team that can defend or attack, much less effectively mix the two.

We were not some elite squad when Alardyce came in. We were a shambles, a rehab project that is now progressing nicely. Shoring up the defense has been the first part of it. Being able to hold Chelsea scoreless and earn a draw qualifies as a minor miracle considering where we were a couple months back.

The bigger miracles like being able to go out to beat top teams like Chelsea will take a while longer to develop. Though at this rate, we could well be doing it by spring.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:41:00 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

December 23, 2017, 09:41:22 PM
Reply #399

eyesalwaysblue

Watching that Davey Moyes team now, they attack like fuck.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 23, 2017, 09:42:10 PM
Reply #400

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Can i just say I thought Schneiderlin was good today

December 23, 2017, 09:45:30 PM
Reply #401

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Can i just say I thought Schneiderlin was good today
Thought Martina had a good game too
Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2017, 09:45:54 PM
Reply #402

The Analog Kid

Arsene Wenger just un-liked you on Facebook.

Fuck him, he looks like someone’s nan.

December 23, 2017, 09:46:53 PM
Reply #403

The Analog Kid

Watching that Davey Moyes team now, they attack like fuck.

It’s still West Ham though innit. Like putting a slab of spam in a fillet steak packaging.

December 23, 2017, 09:48:59 PM
Reply #404

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We need some genuine pace up top to make that kinda performance work better from an attacking standpoint.

Decision making is a big factor too.

Make the right pass / cross more often than not and the development of good positions is a lot easier.