October 16, 2018, 08:36:32 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 15347 times)

December 24, 2017, 02:25:45 AM
Reply #480

eyesalwaysblue

Hopefully he'll only be here 5 or 6 years Si, when he walks out the tunnel on match day with his jammas,dressing gown and a shower cap on it'll be time to worry.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 24, 2017, 02:29:35 AM
Reply #481

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Was Davies injured or was he taken off because he was terrible today? Not had the benefit of any replay or highlights.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 24, 2017, 02:33:47 AM
Reply #482

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This teams definitely capable of playing better football but I don't think anyone from the players to Allardyce to the fans believe different do they?

December 24, 2017, 02:50:01 AM
Reply #483

bluenuck

This teams definitely capable of playing better football but I don't think anyone from the players to Allardyce to the fans believe different do they?

I do.

And I don't mind how we played today at all.

Next 2 games I'd like to see different though as we will be able to be on the front foot more and put more players forward.

December 24, 2017, 02:57:01 AM
Reply #484

burkey17

Si- been on the sherry lad or too many sleepless night or are you being a wum- haha!
Respect your opinions and like the majority of the fanbase didn't want Big Sam. Saying that you didn't like Koeman either.
Hey ho that was hard to watch today and obviously set up to get a point. I wished I had gone Christmas shopping.... not.... because it's what we do going the game. What I would do to have one of Hazard, Willian or Pedro, I'm not greedy. Great expectations eh. We played the League Champions today. Yes it wasn't pretty and I never saw much from our side offensively but 3 weeks? ago after being stuffed by Southampton I thought the worst and points wise we have risen from 17th to 9th. I'll take the points for now and yes performances are meh but I'll take that for now and hopefully we will progress in the New Year. Merry Christmas one and all!

December 24, 2017, 03:03:55 AM
Reply #485

van der Meyde

Despite the cost of our players, I think it's probably a bit much to expect them to improve in all facets in less than a month.

Even at the best of times under Koeman we weren't a great footballing side.

We've made great strides in terms of defensive organisation which is enough for me. Once the basics are ingrained, hopefully we can build on that foundation. I certainly don't think decent football is impossible with Allardyce's guiding principles (play the first ball forward, don't give it away in the defensive third etc.).

December 24, 2017, 03:27:07 AM
Reply #486

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Was Davies injured or was he taken off because he was terrible today? Not had the benefit of any replay or highlights.
I would say the latter one based on my view

December 24, 2017, 03:32:11 AM
Reply #487

Lxxx

I couldn't see any striker scoring 15 plus from open play in our side tbh

I'd back Rooney to beat that this season.

December 24, 2017, 03:45:33 AM
Reply #488

bacon sarnie

On the way up. Too bad 10 man Leicester just drew with United. Missed the match but going by this thread and the Guardian we put up a mighty shield to thwart Conte's men who unlike Klopp & Benitez didn't whinge and whine about it.

Pickford or Keane MOTM by the sound of things?

December 24, 2017, 03:57:07 AM
Reply #489

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd back Rooney to beat that this season.
Open play?
Simply simply lovely

December 24, 2017, 03:59:54 AM
Reply #490

Mayor Farnum

Open play?

Technically his first goal against West Ham was from open play.

December 24, 2017, 04:49:57 AM
Reply #491

American Evertonian

I do.

And I don't mind how we played today at all.

Next 2 games I'd like to see different though as we will be able to be on the front foot more and put more players forward.

I don't mind how we played either. Think we played how we had to and got a result. I expect our setup against Utd to be the same.

One point is more than we could have had with Koeman.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 24, 2017, 05:46:32 AM
Reply #492

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Open play?

He'll certainly get close to that figure and that's from midfield.

December 24, 2017, 06:43:21 AM
Reply #493

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He'll certainly get close to that figure and that's from midfield.
I really hope he does
Simply simply lovely

December 24, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
Reply #494

School of Science

I'm judging the football played

But like I said three pages ago, it's like people like you can't separate performances from results.

Still, a win's a win.

So was the football so good with Koeman and the same team earlier in the season ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15