January 24, 2018, 12:03:21 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 9093 times)

December 24, 2017, 11:10:14 AM
Reply #495

blue1948

I couldn't see any striker scoring 15 plus from open play in our side tbh
Come on Jimmy ,we just sold one !

December 24, 2017, 11:17:02 AM
Reply #496

blue1948

I was devastated when we took Sam on and I am still gutted that we had to do it but fair play to him and his team,anyone who supports us would have taken the points and results in the blink of an eye .That doesn't mean I am as happy as a dog with two dicks but it means I am pleased with the points and results and looking forward to see what he does in January.THis is the biggest club job he has ever had and I feel his team realise that and that they need to get this one right .I will  never be happy in my heart with the two Sams though.

December 24, 2017, 02:12:07 PM
Reply #497

therealdunc

I was devastated when we took Sam on and I am still gutted that we had to do it but fair play to him and his team,anyone who supports us would have taken the points and results in the blink of an eye .That doesn't mean I am as happy as a dog with two dicks but it means I am pleased with the points and results and looking forward to see what he does in January.THis is the biggest club job he has ever had and I feel his team realise that and that they need to get this one right .I will  never be happy in my heart with the two Sams though.

Your position is Really sad ,
I couldn’t stand Moyes and I got lots of stick on forums including being banned from blue kipper and toffeeweb for criticising him, but I still supported the club 100%

Everyone should be judged on results , not hearsay

If we win a trophy, that is all that matters
Blue

December 24, 2017, 02:20:35 PM
Reply #498

eyesalwaysblue

A way forward for us that really really works is calling young talent shite, Tom Davies the latest, young, very talented, blue as it gets, had the mis-fortune to be under the awful Koeman, which would help nobody.
Barkely the same young, very talented served under Martinez and Koeman for fucks sake, had 2 bad injuries at vital times as well, he's now a brain dead traitor according to many.  Even going back to John Stones booed for turning inside once too often in his teenage years, and he's really turned out shite.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 24, 2017, 02:29:02 PM
Reply #499

Bluedylan

Your position is Really sad ,
I couldn’t stand Moyes and I got lots of stick on forums including being banned from blue kipper and toffeeweb for criticising him, but I still supported the club 100%

Everyone should be judged on results , not hearsay

If we win a trophy, that is all that matters

Let people have their opinion and stop badgering everyone who disagrees with you. There's loads of people who agree with @blue1948 , and they have perfectly valid reasons for feeling that way. You're coming across as an Allardyce fundamentalist, and not recognising that people might just feel differently to you and that that's ok.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 24, 2017, 02:37:05 PM
Reply #500

Rodenplav64

I really expected Big Sam to beat Chelsea 5-0 after 5 games in charge. Oh well .

December 24, 2017, 02:48:25 PM
Reply #501

KoemansNumberTens

Let people have their opinion and stop badgering everyone who disagrees with you. There's loads of people who agree with @blue1948 , and they have perfectly valid reasons for feeling that way. You're coming across as an Allardyce fundamentalist, and not recognising that people might just feel differently to you and that that's ok.

To be fair saying I'll never be happy regardless is the sad standpoint.

I like allardyce but I'm not happy regardless. I expect a certain level in terms of results. Baffled as to how someone can say they are always going to be unhappy regardless of what he does

December 24, 2017, 02:52:58 PM
Reply #502

Bluedylan

To be fair saying I'll never be happy regardless is the sad standpoint.

I like allardyce but I'm not happy regardless. I expect a certain level in terms of results. Baffled as to how someone can say they are always going to be unhappy regardless of what he does

Can't speak for him, but might just not like the fella. Who knows? Everybody has their reasons, to paraphrase an old film director.

December 24, 2017, 03:03:25 PM
Reply #503

GrantyBoy78

I think he just means bitter. You had a very negative opinion on allardyce when he came. An opinion shared by most. Most have softened with the results and his interviews. You just refuse to

Good football such as what? When did we ever play good football. 1 year under Martinez. Couple of seasons here and there under Moyes. So 3 or 4 seasons of maybe the last 20. Let you give allardyce no time to get his own players in before making judgements and that despite the results being fantastic

Utd don't play good football. Liverpool don't get the results they should because they are as lobsided as us (attack to our defence) and not half as pragmatic.

I'd love to see us play good football but we don't have quality attacking players. Who did you want? Who's this mythical manager that would have turned DCL into Aguero. Lennon into Salah. Sigurdsson into Pogba??

We were hopeless. We are now winning and defensively we've been superb. Enjoy it.
Guardiola’s fault - he’s turned the majority of footy fans into whinging dickheads with a ridiculous sense of entitlement when it comes to the style of football they expect their team to play.

December 24, 2017, 03:10:13 PM
Reply #504

Bluedylan

Guardiola’s fault - he’s turned the majority of footy fans into whinging dickheads with a ridiculous sense of entitlement when it comes to the style of football they expect their team to play.

Yeah we never had disagreements about style of play when Moyes was here, or Martinez or Koeman. It's definitely a completely new thing.

December 24, 2017, 03:29:37 PM
Reply #505

sirblue57

Getting really pathetic here. I didn't want Sam, still not what I want , despite results. Was not keen on Martinez or Koeman. Thought both were bad decisions. Especially Martinez.
 But the vitriol against moyes? I will never fully understood. When he came we were a joke.
He turned the club round, and did it with fuck all, yeah there were bad times, but none like Smith etc.
Yeah he probably stayed to long, left a bad taste. But I will always thank him for some of the players he signed for buttons. And we did play some good football under him.
Sam has shown a similar mindset, don't  concede and you will get a point.
Not pretty, but effective.
But I am not judging him yet....the board and our DoF however, I am waiting to see the next move from them, they have to decide if they are going to back Sam or if he is actually a stopgap. If he is, our signings will reflect that and we will know where we are going from there.
However, if they back him , we will see by the signings he makes if he is the manager we want.
Moyes never got the chances that the last 3 managers had with financial backing, yet still brought some excellent players in.
Over to you Sam.....and Mr Moshiri...
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

December 24, 2017, 03:39:30 PM
Reply #506

Simon Paul

Administrator
Getting really pathetic here. I didn't want Sam, still not what I want , despite results. Was not keen on Martinez or Koeman. Thought both were bad decisions. Especially Martinez.
 But the vitriol against moyes? I will never fully understood. When he came we were a joke.
He turned the club round, and did it with fuck all, yeah there were bad times, but none like Smith etc.
Yeah he probably stayed to long, left a bad taste. But I will always thank him for some of the players he signed for buttons. And we did play some good football under him.
Sam has shown a similar mindset, don't  concede and you will get a point.
Not pretty, but effective.
But I am not judging him yet....the board and our DoF however, I am waiting to see the next move from them, they have to decide if they are going to back Sam or if he is actually a stopgap. If he is, our signings will reflect that and we will know where we are going from there.
However, if they back him , we will see by the signings he makes if he is the manager we want.
Moyes never got the chances that the last 3 managers had with financial backing, yet still brought some excellent players in.
Over to you Sam.....and Mr Moshiri...

Moyes stayed too long. Not his fault he was offered the biggest contracts of his life though.

He steadied us and moved us forward from where we were. He should have been a springboard but the board had no money.

His football went from the sublime to ridiculous though and playing two up top was swearing at him. He hated "showboating" as he called it (schooling the arsenal midfield as we called it) and let his ego swell - again though, not his fault people fawned over him despite his shortcomings.

Did well with what he had, but showed at United that "what he had" was actually his level. A level we should have moved on from in 2010

December 24, 2017, 04:15:39 PM
Reply #507

everton1952

Hard to enjoy not having a single shot on target at home though isn't it.
Most of the people I saw had smirks on their faces leaving the ground.  Wonder why? Guess they enjoyed frustrating the champions with our team of not so good players. Pity you didn't enjoy that and did not get your money's worth. I was well pleased.

December 24, 2017, 04:23:03 PM
Reply #508

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Didn’t really enjoy watching it but was relieved to get a point.

Being completely honest I think we’ve rode our luck a number of times since sam come in, and it’s probably a matter of time.

However, few months ago I thought we were proper fucked. If the plan is to provide solidity then gradually introduce more front footy then OK, that’s his next test I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 24, 2017, 04:51:46 PM
Reply #509

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Most of the people I saw had smirks on their faces leaving the ground.  Wonder why? Guess they enjoyed frustrating the champions with our team of not so good players. Pity you didn't enjoy that and did not get your money's worth. I was well pleased.

Ye it was great watching us survive at home.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"