October 19, 2019, 07:48:38 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 23892 times)

December 21, 2017, 06:13:06 PM
Read 23892 times

GrantyBoy78

Glad Morata is out. Much less of a threat without him, although they obviously still have loads of other talent.

December 22, 2017, 12:20:14 AM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Too soon to be worrying about performances against the top teams. I’d take a draw and couldn’t give a shit if we play well. That can come later.
Good acid test this one.

December 23, 2017, 02:01:22 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

Only just seen the team news for this - FFS. Losing Holgate’s pace and ability to pass out from the back is a massive blow. Keane and Jags in then - a right pair of cloggers with no pace. Can see lots of a aimless, long passes from them two.
As for Rooney; we really don’t have anyone else with his ability to pick a pass. Sigurdsson is a very good footballer but he’s hardly the creative fulcrum we thought he would be.
Shame as I had a feeling we were actually going to come flying out at these and have a real go. The injuries mean we’ll play a lot deeper. Crying out for a fit Bolasie for these types of games; pace, strength but with the experience and discipline that Vlasic and Lookman lack.

December 24, 2017, 03:03:25 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

I think he just means bitter. You had a very negative opinion on allardyce when he came. An opinion shared by most. Most have softened with the results and his interviews. You just refuse to

Good football such as what? When did we ever play good football. 1 year under Martinez. Couple of seasons here and there under Moyes. So 3 or 4 seasons of maybe the last 20. Let you give allardyce no time to get his own players in before making judgements and that despite the results being fantastic

Utd don't play good football. Liverpool don't get the results they should because they are as lobsided as us (attack to our defence) and not half as pragmatic.

I'd love to see us play good football but we don't have quality attacking players. Who did you want? Who's this mythical manager that would have turned DCL into Aguero. Lennon into Salah. Sigurdsson into Pogba??

We were hopeless. We are now winning and defensively we've been superb. Enjoy it.
Guardiola’s fault - he’s turned the majority of footy fans into whinging dickheads with a ridiculous sense of entitlement when it comes to the style of football they expect their team to play.