November 19, 2018, 10:00:10 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 16286 times)

December 23, 2017, 06:04:34 PM
Read 16286 times

Simon Paul

Administrator

Foggy

December 23, 2017, 10:04:22 PM
Reply #1

Simon Paul

Administrator
No problem with form
Problem with not stringing passes together. I don't really care if we go long as long as then we get men up there and play

it's like people can't separate results from performances isn't it?

results are good, performances are just meh.

December 23, 2017, 10:07:59 PM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
Defensively we've been fantastic.

I've got to be honest here, and say that I'd much rather watch the opposition defend than watch Everton defend.

December 23, 2017, 10:11:51 PM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
So would I but then we need more quality in all the attacking positions. The performances have been good though on the back of great defending.

Good performances aren't just attacking play

they're not just defensive play either, they are a combination.  today we saw us being solid defensively in isolation from anything else.

December 24, 2017, 01:10:00 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
Or maybe they are just taking the quality of the opposition into consideration.

like the first half against Huddersfield?

or against Newcastle?

the results are good, but we're playing some proper boring football at times, even against utter shite sides like those above.

oh, and Palace.

Allardyce is working his magic with the minimum resources.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Merry Christmas lad, I'm off for some of that sherry!

December 24, 2017, 01:20:28 AM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
Surely you would admit that even Ian Holloway would struggle to get ninety minute performances out of the plodders and cloggers  Sam has at his disposal.

sorry, is this the same squad as we had in August that people are referring to here?

December 24, 2017, 01:38:45 AM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yes, an awful unbalanced squad that the top six wouldn't consider taking a single outfield player off us. Minus a few injuries since August by the way.

we all know what we wrote back in August.  There's no need for me to waste time trawling through your posts to bring it back up.

Hi Simon,
Your coming across as really bitter

Seems Sam can do no right

There were so few options going forward today, the same circumstances that Sam has faced since taking over, yet people expect miracles in both defence and attack

Really donít get it

This month was all about getting as many points as possible, nothing else

Your judging s manager on 6 games with someone elseís unbalanced squad including a game vs the champs and a game away at our rivals who we havenít beaten in decades at their place
Really harsh

if by "bitter" you mean someone who wants to see his side play good football then yes, you are spot on.

xxx

December 24, 2017, 01:41:42 AM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
That's not the half of it though. We've 14 points from them 6 games and he's judging him negatively

How's silva doing who half the forum wanted based on nothing really. They are 4pts behind us now and I think allardyce gave him a 9pt start. Had he come here and produced watfords recent form we'd be in the middle of a relegation battle now

I'm judging the football played

But like I said three pages ago, it's like people like you can't separate performances from results.

Still, a win's a win.

December 24, 2017, 02:05:02 AM
Reply #8

Simon Paul

Administrator
Hard to enjoy not having a single shot on target at home though isn't it.

Easier for some than is comfortable to be honest

December 24, 2017, 03:39:30 PM
Reply #9

Simon Paul

Administrator
Getting really pathetic here. I didn't want Sam, still not what I want , despite results. Was not keen on Martinez or Koeman. Thought both were bad decisions. Especially Martinez.
 But the vitriol against moyes? I will never fully understood. When he came we were a joke.
He turned the club round, and did it with fuck all, yeah there were bad times, but none like Smith etc.
Yeah he probably stayed to long, left a bad taste. But I will always thank him for some of the players he signed for buttons. And we did play some good football under him.
Sam has shown a similar mindset, don't  concede and you will get a point.
Not pretty, but effective.
But I am not judging him yet....the board and our DoF however, I am waiting to see the next move from them, they have to decide if they are going to back Sam or if he is actually a stopgap. If he is, our signings will reflect that and we will know where we are going from there.
However, if they back him , we will see by the signings he makes if he is the manager we want.
Moyes never got the chances that the last 3 managers had with financial backing, yet still brought some excellent players in.
Over to you Sam.....and Mr Moshiri...

Moyes stayed too long. Not his fault he was offered the biggest contracts of his life though.

He steadied us and moved us forward from where we were. He should have been a springboard but the board had no money.

His football went from the sublime to ridiculous though and playing two up top was swearing at him. He hated "showboating" as he called it (schooling the arsenal midfield as we called it) and let his ego swell - again though, not his fault people fawned over him despite his shortcomings.

Did well with what he had, but showed at United that "what he had" was actually his level. A level we should have moved on from in 2010

December 24, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Reply #10

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'll say this about Sam Allardyce....he's not Ronald
Koeman, and anyone who isn't Ronald koeman is already better than Ronald koeman