September 21, 2018, 07:33:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 14873 times)

December 20, 2017, 03:47:58 AM
Read 14873 times

everton1952

Hopefully they will have an off day otherwise we can expect a pasting, hopefully without them scoring many or any. A draw would be a massive plus for Big Sam considering the lack of time he has had here and none of the long term injured back.

December 23, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
Reply #1

everton1952

Great support from the crowd, right behind the team. Never seen so many beaming faces after a 0 -0 draw at home. Allardyce is working his magic with the minimum resources. Chelsea were superior in every position, yet we held them. Fantastic, onwards and upwards. Imagine if Keane had scored with that header.

December 23, 2017, 10:48:50 PM
Reply #2

everton1952

One bit of gloom I suppose is the performances of Davies who was poor again today. I guess he would not have played if Rooney had been fit. I don't think he has done anything to impress the new manager. Surely Vlasic is worth a run in the team and will probably get his chance in the next hectic weeks. It is remarkable that Cuco who was the butt of everyone's criticism earlier is doing a decent job at left back. It takes the urgency out of that position particularly if Baines gets back to half decent form. Oh for a striker though. I wonder who Sam has his eyes on?  Wonder where Koeman got it so wrong with the same squad?

December 24, 2017, 04:15:39 PM
Reply #3

everton1952

Hard to enjoy not having a single shot on target at home though isn't it.
Most of the people I saw had smirks on their faces leaving the ground.  Wonder why? Guess they enjoyed frustrating the champions with our team of not so good players. Pity you didn't enjoy that and did not get your money's worth. I was well pleased.