October 20, 2018, 06:28:59 PM

Author Topic: [News]Sandro linked with move back to Malaga  (Read 10239 times)

January 17, 2018, 08:02:46 PM
Reply #15

dax78

Id rather he went out on loan to a prem club for the remaining part of the season to see if he can cut it and then deal with him at the end of the season

What prem club do you think would take him
Hans segers is a legend ;)

January 17, 2018, 08:43:38 PM
Reply #16

TheTone

thought this lad was the bees knees last Summer, kin youtube clips

January 17, 2018, 08:50:29 PM
Reply #17

themilkycoffees

Baffles me how he has been completely wrote off after a handful of games. People forget the lad is still a young player, new team (playing poorly) and in a new country. Far more experienced players have struggled to adapt, and have been given more time. It would be nice to secure safety and then see if we can give players like Sandro and Klaassen a chance to adapt before we make a final decision. I think there's a player in there.

January 17, 2018, 08:56:53 PM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

He may be able to eventually adapt, but how would that work? We're too shit to carry him as a passenger for a whole season in the hope he'll come good. No-one is likely to take him on loan either based on his performances so far. And you can't acclimatise just by attending trainings and playing for the U23s. (Not to mention how he'd feel about it.)

Can anyone really see a realistic way out?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 17, 2018, 09:03:09 PM
Reply #19

themilkycoffees

We've carried a number of players all season. This season is a write off. A top 10 finish is the best we can hope for and the only reason I'm confident we're staying up is because there are about 6 or 7 teams who are even worse than us. Now is surely the time to give players like Sandro a go? 14 goals in La Liga last season for a struggling Malaga team. Are we saying if a new signing doesn't work in the first 5-6 games, then they're not good enough, end of discussion?

January 18, 2018, 03:30:46 AM
Reply #20

ally2

I love him. I don't know why. But he does have a habit of running away from the ball and the penalty area, which is a sort of problem.

January 18, 2018, 03:50:57 AM
Reply #21

Lxxx

I love him. I don't know why. But he does have a habit of running away from the ball and the penalty area, which is a sort of problem.

He doesn't tend to stay on his feet too often either. Which again, is a sort of problem.

January 18, 2018, 04:58:49 AM
Reply #22

everton1952

He'll have to take a massive hit on wages. 

His little lay off and run that Lookman ignored showed enough of a sign for me that we should keep him till the summer. Got to give the lad some minutes in games like that.
I must have missed that little lay off and run, or forgotten it.  To those  who have expressed their love for Senor Sandro, I am sure they will get over it.  There is no room for passengers on this ship, we already have more than our fair share of them both young and no longer so young. We need to unload a few players, not just one or two, so bye bye Sandro. Go find your sunglasses.

January 18, 2018, 05:14:49 AM
Reply #23

Ravardo

What prem club do you think would take him

Maybe one of the promoted sides,, west brom, swansea or stokielona

January 18, 2018, 03:27:25 PM
Reply #24

themilkycoffees

He's only played 277 minutes in the PL. 3 full games worth of minutes. How is he expected to adapt?

January 18, 2018, 03:28:43 PM
Reply #25

Ramjam

It would be a crying shame if we released him and he went on to be a worldie
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 18, 2018, 04:07:32 PM
Reply #26

formerKHL

what a lot of people forget is we bought him as a centre forward when we had no suppliers of passes into the box

the majority of his goals in spain and for spain were scored in and around the 6 yard box....from good supply...

we bought rooney and siggurdson for that purpose...then chose not to play him......

when he's made an appearance its usually out of position....out wide of DCL ???

we now have Walcott and bolasie who can supply the ball into the box....and both rooney and siggurdson who can supply the through ball into the box.....

this bloke could be our zorro in the box......if given the chance....(excuse the shite Spanish)

January 18, 2018, 04:20:35 PM
Reply #27

therealdunc

Does make me laugh how some of our fans think they know better than the current and previous 2 managers who could all clearly see Sandro wasnít up to it.
Blue

January 18, 2018, 04:22:57 PM
Reply #28

Ramjam

Does make me laugh how some of our fans think they know better than the current and previous 2 managers who could all clearly see Sandro wasn't up to it.

But most fans also say that those same two managers werenít and arnt up to it either
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 18, 2018, 04:27:29 PM
Reply #29

therealdunc

While that may be the case , they are in a better position seeing the players every day than a fan who at best watches them in the flesh for the U23s or from the sub bench.

There could be a whole host of reasons including the players attitude why itís not working out, best to trust the people who work with them every day to decide.

We are desperate for quality going forward, if people really think if they were any good they would not be playing, have a word with yourself
Blue