May 21, 2018, 09:53:19 AM

Author Topic: [News]Sandro linked with move back to Malaga  (Read 7953 times)

January 18, 2018, 08:24:49 PM
Reply #45

everton1952

To be fair he will be a big loss to those who have expressed their love for him on here.

January 18, 2018, 08:59:14 PM
Reply #46

formerKHL

To be fair he will be a big loss to those who have expressed their love for him on here.

not love for him just reckon there's a good player/goal scorer in there somewhere....

January 18, 2018, 09:03:06 PM
Reply #47

Craig_1878

It makes very little sense to sell him at this point as his value will understandbly be quite low atm. It would make much more sense to loan him to another club where he's gonna get game time and either sell him in the summer or bring him back if he performs - either way the lad needs to play, its doing nobody any good having him rot in thr reserves - same goes for Klaasen
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 18, 2018, 10:20:01 PM
Reply #48

everton1952

not love for him just reckon there's a good player/goal scorer in there somewhere....

I can feel a scream coming on.

January 18, 2018, 10:30:22 PM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

I never understood why we didn't try a 4-4-2, which certainly suited our personnel and would have given Sandro a fair chance to settle/succeed.  We have to take chances on "wild card" players in order to strike it big up front.  Our conservatism here was very depressing.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 18, 2018, 10:38:25 PM
Reply #50

stirlingblue

Think we've got to consider the optics on this one.

Whenever we try to sign the next young up and coming player they're going to look at what we've done in the past.

January 18, 2018, 11:08:54 PM
Reply #51

GrantyBoy78

A big factor that hasn’t really been mentioned...I don’t think he wants to be here.

January 18, 2018, 11:33:14 PM
Reply #52

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A big factor that hasn’t really been mentioned...I don’t think he wants to be here.

Ooh, me, me...

As always need to bare in mind that the player might only want to go back to Spain.

If he doesn’t ever envisage settling here then there’s not many options for us.

;)

January 19, 2018, 12:09:42 AM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Baffles me how he has been completely wrote off after a handful of games. People forget the lad is still a young player, new team (playing poorly) and in a new country. Far more experienced players have struggled to adapt, and have been given more time. It would be nice to secure safety and then see if we can give players like Sandro and Klaassen a chance to adapt before we make a final decision. I think there's a player in there.

Reckon we’ve overstretched on wages
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2018, 12:26:02 AM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon we’ve overstretched on wages

It’s easy to forget because players are either injured or have been woefully out of form but we’ve got way more senior players than ever, probably.

Eg CBs, Mori is probably on the lowest wage and I’m guessing he’s on a decent whack.

Then we’ve got Holgate who will be on more than your standard, brought through young defender.

CMs, again Besic on probably the lowest wage but he’s about 7th choice (which should be an academy player etc).

Strikers, Niasse on 50k will be the lowest of him, Tosun and Sandro.

If some of the more expensive players don’t want to stick it out or look miles off the pace it’s not as easy to just think £5m a year is ok to write off, when that could be spent on someone who either wants to be here or is more likely to adapt.

5 years ago we’d have had no choice but to give these players 18-24 months to sort it out as they’d have been first sub (at worst). Now they’re not even in the squads.

January 19, 2018, 12:51:42 AM
Reply #55

sam of the south

It’s easy to forget because players are either injured or have been woefully out of form but we’ve got way more senior players than ever, probably.

Eg CBs, Mori is probably on the lowest wage and I’m guessing he’s on a decent whack.

Then we’ve got Holgate who will be on more than your standard, brought through young defender.

CMs, again Besic on probably the lowest wage but he’s about 7th choice (which should be an academy player etc).

Strikers, Niasse on 50k will be the lowest of him, Tosun and Sandro.

If some of the more expensive players don’t want to stick it out or look miles off the pace it’s not as easy to just think £5m a year is ok to write off, when that could be spent on someone who either wants to be here or is more likely to adapt.

5 years ago we’d have had no choice but to give these players 18-24 months to sort it out as they’d have been first sub (at worst). Now they’re not even in the squads.

Spot on.

And the crazy thing is, we've never had this many options, and yet we've rarely looked collectively worse (apart from pre-Moyes days)

But that can't be the coaching or tactics, though, as it upsets a few on here if you suggest that.

It HAS to be that EVERY player we've brought in (bar maybe Pickford) is FAR worse than we thought they were going to be.

It's the ONLY explanation.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 19, 2018, 12:58:20 AM
Reply #56

gizzblue

Seems strange, his contract is longer than Sam's and he's done about as well as the new manager to most of us.. yet the same people who love Sam want Sandro gone 😅😅😅...it truly is a funny old game .

Also there is a player in there ...I believe the shit managers he's had and still has here havnt a clue .👍...he will go on to tear it up and everyone wilk be blaming the owners again.
Imho.

January 19, 2018, 01:08:36 AM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Spot on.

And the crazy thing is, we've never had this many options, and yet we've rarely looked collectively worse (apart from pre-Moyes days)

But that can't be the coaching or tactics, though, as it upsets a few on here if you suggest that.

It HAS to be that EVERY player we've brought in (bar maybe Pickford) is FAR worse than we thought they were going to be.

I always thought we were wank when moyes had too many options. There were times, few admittedly where he tried rotation and failed

When we had the bare eleven was when we were at our best

Simply simply lovely

January 19, 2018, 01:11:52 AM
Reply #58

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Spot on.

I do think we have too many players.

If you have a choice of 3 players for one position it’s very tempting and much easier to pick b if a has a bad game, likewise moving on to c when b doesn’t work out.

If c hasn’t played for 2 months is he likely to be in tune with whatever the manager wants? Probably not so we’re back to option a. Ad infinitum.

If you’ve got 6 players for 4 positions you’re much more likely to put a lot of effort into making them better. It’s easier to focus on individuals.

Also the two options not picked will pay more attention as they know they’ll be playing soon.

So we need a trim but we also need a settled plan which can identify which players are surplus.

January 19, 2018, 01:16:45 AM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I always thought we were wank when moyes had too many options. There were times, few admittedly where he tried rotation and failed

When we had the bare eleven was when we were at our best

2008 to 2009 was great for this as an example.

We had about 5/6 senior midfielders who knew their roles but this also meant that Rodwell / Gosling got plenty of minutes and they were slotting into a unit that knew what it was doing.

In defence we had 3 CBs options, so all played. 

At left back, one of the CB options would cover there, meaning the other 2 were playing.

If Hibbert was injured, Neville played RB freeing up a midfield slot etc.

It was top level quality in couple of areas and probably one or two players short of numbers (eg no Arteta replacement) from being ideal.