September 19, 2018, 01:15:47 AM

Author Topic: [News]Sandro linked with move back to Malaga  (Read 9638 times)

December 20, 2017, 06:16:00 PM
Read 9638 times

Lxxx

Send him back on loan, get him match fit and his confidence back again playing every week and tell him to report back for pre season training for a fresh start.

January 16, 2018, 09:04:30 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Turned down a loan approach by Real Betis apparently.

January 18, 2018, 03:50:57 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

I love him. I don't know why. But he does have a habit of running away from the ball and the penalty area, which is a sort of problem.

He doesn't tend to stay on his feet too often either. Which again, is a sort of problem.

January 18, 2018, 04:44:41 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

what a lot of people forget is we bought him as a centre forward when we had no suppliers of passes into the box

the majority of his goals in spain and for spain were scored in and around the 6 yard box....from good supply...

we bought rooney and siggurdson for that purpose...then chose not to play him......

when he's made an appearance its usually out of position....out wide of DCL ???

we now have Walcott and bolasie who can supply the ball into the box....and both rooney and siggurdson who can supply the through ball into the box.....

this bloke could be our zorro in the box......if given the chance....(excuse the shite Spanish)

I don't think he was ever a centre forward was he? A lot of his goals in Spain were random shots from tight angles and distances, which you could either look at as him being on a bit of a run of form (first season in top flight football) or he's someone who'll create goals for himself. Granted he's not had much chance but the signs are the former not the latter.

January 18, 2018, 07:19:44 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Seems silly to be letting him go when the potential upside is so much more rewarding than a few million quid in the pot to put towards another unimaginative addition to the squad.

January 19, 2018, 03:28:14 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

If we want to get rid of him we'll have to pay him off. No-one is going to match his wages, he's grossly overpaid for his level so whatever fee we get for him will be discounted by his bung to go. I suppose if we get near to 10m for him we might break even overall and just have to put it down to one of those things.

January 31, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Was on a hiding to nothing really. Young kid comes from a nice sunny climate playing and scoring every week to a miserable cold city where he doesn't speak the language, doesn't play football and has to watch a football club implode before his eyes. I wish him well and I can see why he was so desperate to get back to southern Spain.

January 31, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

We'll have to subsidise the transfer if it goes through anyway. Sevilla can't maintain his wages at the same level so we'd have to either pay him off or give them a discount on the fee. Either way we're not making any money on this transfer.

January 31, 2018, 05:02:43 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

There's a very good chance we will be paying that for the majority of the 4 years anyway.
We still have a contract with him and if he hasn't handed in a formal transfer request then them contractual payments are still valid.

We could play a game of chicken and refuse to sell him unless he waives them like.
Gotta hope there is someone in the club with an iota of sense/any memory of what happend to Leeds whatsoever.

As daft as Moshiri appears to be he is an accountant by trade and it was his own money he put in. Whereas the idiots at Leeds were spending everyone else's money but their own.

Granted we're in a bit of a pickle but we're not looking down the barrel of League One.

January 31, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

No send him on loan without the 9m fee agreed. If he's brilliant we get more. If he's only worth 9m we get the 9m and if he's worth less we get him back as we would anyway

I'm not sure why we'd agree to loan our players out with the agreed fee so low. There's no upside in that minimum fee for us

Unless Sevilla genuinely see it as just a loan deal as they've no real intention of buying him long term, which isn't at all out of the question seeing as they've waited until the end of the window and explored and missed out on a load of other targets before settling on Sandro. In which case the fee is immaterial.

January 31, 2018, 07:36:35 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Come on lads, it's all getting a bit silly now.

February 16, 2018, 03:24:32 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/prenno/status/964411219925901312

When you stink the place out I don't think you're in any position to be dictating what you do with your career.

February 16, 2018, 06:27:15 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

How many Spanish clubs are capable of paying the reputed wages hes on?

Three and he's not good enough for any of them.