August 18, 2018, 06:23:06 AM

Author Topic: [News]Sandro linked with move back to Malaga  (Read 9266 times)

January 19, 2018, 01:55:22 AM
Reply #60

sam of the south

I always thought we were wank when moyes had too many options. There were times, few admittedly where he tried rotation and failed

When we had the bare eleven was when we were at our best

Moyes' forte was fostering and fully exploiting that backs to the wall siege mentally, as well; so when the chips were down, and we were down to the bare bones, particularly against better than average sides, we would often rise to the occasion (except for against RS, United et al)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 19, 2018, 02:25:43 AM
Reply #61

ally2

Some weird revisionist history going on here re: Moyes.  I know we played some decent stuff towards the end but the vast majority of his tenure was absolute shite football launching it from the back, losing it up top and watching the ball come back again and again.  I'm struggling to warm to that now just as I did then, and to label it as 'spirit' is quite some leap.  'Plucky' is more like it.  But I thought we all hate plucky.

January 19, 2018, 02:31:06 AM
Reply #62

di_guyo

Some serious denial going on here. He's on mega wages due to a good season against inferior defences. He's a risk we probably do need to be taking, but it's clearly not paid off. He looks awful. Forget for a minute that he's Spanish and that's 'sexy', forget how we love an exotic signing/player and focus on what you've seen... Nothing but truly awful.

Niasse, who is a terrible footballer, is more effective and was playing ahead of him. Love niasse attitude, but no one here is going to argue that he's a gifted player, but somehow there's a player in there for Sandro? He's been truly abysmal and he doesn't look capable to play at this level, at a club with our aspirations... At all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 02:32:28 AM by di_guyo »
Everton & Atleti

January 19, 2018, 03:03:19 AM
Reply #63

bogie

has he played well of us to even get a good youtube out of it

January 19, 2018, 03:28:14 AM
Reply #64

Lxxx

If we want to get rid of him we'll have to pay him off. No-one is going to match his wages, he's grossly overpaid for his level so whatever fee we get for him will be discounted by his bung to go. I suppose if we get near to £10m for him we might break even overall and just have to put it down to one of those things.

January 19, 2018, 04:09:15 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Spot on.

And the crazy thing is, we've never had this many options, and yet we've rarely looked collectively worse (apart from pre-Moyes days)

But that can't be the coaching or tactics, though, as it upsets a few on here if you suggest that.

It HAS to be that EVERY player we've brought in (bar maybe Pickford) is FAR worse than we thought they were going to be.

It's the ONLY explanation.

I donít think itís particularly the quality of the player, because so many of them have preformed well for other sides, or other years in their careers.

Whatever plan we had and whatever system we were planning on playing, we ended up not getting the players in to play it. Giroud or Costa didnít come off, Kolasinac didnít come off, Koulibaliy didnít come off, Iím sure others can name more we were deffo in for but never finalised and tellingly never found plan Bís for.

Canít say much about Klaassen, Sandro, Keane, Sigurdsson and Rooneys individual performances, but only the latter two have staked any kind of claim to be good enough, but that may well have just been a tough situation to come into and they havenít got it together yet.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2018, 04:15:47 AM
Reply #66

sam of the south

I donít think itís particularly the quality of the player, because so many of them have preformed well for other sides, or other years in their careers.

Whatever plan we had and whatever system we were planning on playing, we ended up not getting the players in to play it. Giroud or Costa didnít come off, Kolasinac didnít come off, Koulibaliy didnít come off, Iím sure others can name more we were deffo in for but never finalised and tellingly never found plan Bís for.

Canít say much about Klaassen, Sandro, Keane, Sigurdsson and Rooneys individual performances, but only the latter two have staked any kind of claim to be good enough, but that may well have just been a tough situation to come into and they havenít got it together yet.

No, I don't think it's the quality of player either, I was being ironic.

Obviously the other ones you mentioned that we were in for would've helped considerably, but I still think the way our club is run from top to bottom, from boardroom to training pitch, is pretty poor right now, and lacking any real direction, personality, or identity, and as such even a better class of player would still not lift us into the top six, not while we are in such a conflicted mess.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 19, 2018, 11:07:56 PM
Reply #67

TerryFeckWit

January 20, 2018, 04:12:52 AM
Reply #68

Ramjam

Iíve got a feeling that our season is about to take an upturn, seems like a feel good factor around training with our new signings. COYB
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 20, 2018, 05:35:06 AM
Reply #69

everton1952

You are not permitted to be optimistic on here. You will invite abuse or mockery.

January 20, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
Reply #70

gizzblue

You are not permitted to be optimistic on here. You will invite abuse or mockery.
Kinnel  optimism is all we have left .

January 20, 2018, 05:31:52 PM
Reply #71

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I think youíre confusing optimism with saying dumb shit.

January 22, 2018, 05:31:42 AM
Reply #72

Bally

Administrator
Hahahahaha hilarious

Tit
It's the roll I way

January 22, 2018, 05:44:17 AM
Reply #73

Bluedylan

Have people been censoring what you say, mate? I wouldn't stand for that myself.

If, on the other hand, you're just giving an opinion that lots of people disagree with, well then you've got fuck all to moan about eh?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 31, 2018, 03:48:10 AM
Reply #74

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Pauk Joyce confirms he's going to Sevilla on loan.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.