September 23, 2019, 02:14:37 AM

Author Topic: Europe next season?  (Read 7987 times)

December 21, 2017, 02:32:23 AM
Read 7987 times

Jamokachi

I'm not sure I want it if it means our season starting in July again. I can't think of a team that has done well when having to start their season that early. Still think that's one of the major reasons we find ourselves in the position we are.

December 21, 2017, 04:12:27 AM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

You make it sound we're in it every season.

We stuffed up this season because we didn't get a balanced squad. I'm sure it'll be better next.

When was the last time a team that started in July did well?

December 21, 2017, 05:09:01 AM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

Haha now we're in some form and actually could make 7th, no one wants it. Come on Chelsea!

Oh I want it. Just don't want to have to go through the qualifying rounds.

December 21, 2017, 05:10:46 AM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

Shit yeah. Let's not even bother trying.

See my previous reply.

The qualifying rounds are ill thought out by UEFA. The competition is too big, and this is just a way of squeezing the last droplet of cash out of it, to the detriment of the quality of the competition.

December 21, 2017, 06:12:51 AM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

I don't think us starting it so early was the cause of our problems though. We treated them as pre season games anyway. Our problem was so many new faces playing together in a team lacking balance and direction. Oh, and we didn't have a proper striker either.

We may have treated them as such, but we couldn't play them as such. We couldn't chose the opposition, we couldn't play all the players we wanted. We couldn't play without pressure, and so on.

There are other reasons too, obviously. But it can't be ignored the fact that all teams that start their season so early struggle for the remainder of their campaign.

December 21, 2017, 06:32:46 AM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

So 'Project Moshiri' is reduced to hoping top 4 clubs clean up so we can finish 7th, again.

No it doesn't, fuck off. We've had a terrible season, but how on earth you can type that shit is beyond me. The guy has overseen improvements to the ground, spent heavily on playing staff, invested in the training facilities, started the process of moving to a new purpose built stadium (which IS needed). But hey, carry on with this boring fucking agenda you keep peddling every time you log on.

December 21, 2017, 06:36:26 AM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

Compare his net spend to other clubs, something even our former manager and Phil Neville where even saying, its not comparable. He basically just trades.

Net spend means fuck all, and only then takes into account the playing staff. I thought you were smarter than that.

December 21, 2017, 07:14:28 AM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Compare our sale of players to our buys. Compared to the top 4 at least and even the top 6, its not big. From memory. If I'm wrong I'll shake your hand on that one.

How about, compare it to what came before it. Rather than to teams who are either massive international brands or have had the benefit of regular CL cash. Compare apples with apples.

December 21, 2017, 09:00:11 AM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

And all clubs who win the FA cup that aren't a top club get relegated.

No they don't.

December 21, 2017, 09:42:50 AM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

When was the last time Sam Allerdyce went to Europe? We owe it to big Sam and if he keeps up the current form we will be in the CL anyway which will be nice for a change.

We owe Big Sam nothing, yet.

December 21, 2017, 02:20:56 PM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

You realize Iím talking recently donít you?

To not want to be in Europe is dumb.

Not to want to be in the ridiculous qualifying rounds isn't. Straight into the group stages? Great. Start the season in July and watch us crumble on all fronts? Nah.

December 22, 2017, 06:39:20 AM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

Must be great to be able to predict the future so clearly. Whatís the lotto numbers for next week?

Mate, can you honestly give me an example of any team that hasn't struggled the season they have to play in the qualifying rounds? Because I can't. It's not predicting the future, it's experience taken from not just our season currently, but all the other teams affected too.

December 22, 2017, 07:29:40 AM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

Iíve no idea about other teams and donít really care. However if weíre not in it our chances of buying better players diminish, weíll have zero chance of winning it and whatís the point in even trying? Might as well just finish 8th every season.

If other teams struggle, thatís their problem. Letís be the team that doesnít struggle and push through it.

And really four extra games shouldnít make that much difference.

I'd rather go full kilter at the top 6 next year. I'm not going to be unhappy if we get 7th and get into the qualifying rounds, but I'm going to be far from upset if we don't.

It's a bit silly to say you don't know or care about other sides, as that's the only barometer available.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:31:06 AM by Jamokachi »

December 22, 2017, 07:30:21 AM
Reply #13

Jamokachi

Fulham.

Good memory. Did they have to start in July? The format was a bit different back then wasn't it?

December 22, 2017, 07:45:09 AM
Reply #14

Jamokachi

Started the 30th July. Pretty much the same route we had. Finished 16 points above the team in 18th and nearly won something. Imagine.

I nearly can.