December 15, 2018, 05:44:01 PM

Author Topic: Europe next season?  (Read 6366 times)

December 21, 2017, 10:38:55 AM
Reply #30

blue1948

Compare his net spend to other clubs, something even our former manager and Phil Neville where even saying, its not comparable. He basically just trades.
So are we to trade the old lady for a new stadium on the docks?

December 21, 2017, 01:25:41 PM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No they don't.
You realize Iím talking recently donít you?

To not want to be in Europe is dumb.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

December 21, 2017, 01:26:22 PM
Reply #32

Macca77

Its a no from me

December 21, 2017, 02:20:56 PM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

You realize Iím talking recently donít you?

To not want to be in Europe is dumb.

Not to want to be in the ridiculous qualifying rounds isn't. Straight into the group stages? Great. Start the season in July and watch us crumble on all fronts? Nah.

December 21, 2017, 02:29:46 PM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

Allardyce would plan and prepare for the early rounds of the EL much better than Koeman did, and I very much doubt he'd be getting involved in transfer sagas lasting 6 weeks.

We should always want to be in Europe and we shouldn't let Koeman's complete mismanagement cloud our judgement.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:07:58 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 21, 2017, 02:38:45 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not to want to be in the ridiculous qualifying rounds isn't. Straight into the group stages? Great. Start the season in July and watch us crumble on all fronts? Nah.
Must be great to be able to predict the future so clearly. Whatís the lotto numbers for next week?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

December 21, 2017, 03:10:40 PM
Reply #36

Mac934

Definitely. Even the qualifiers if need be. Prove that this season's disaster was a one off and hopefully won't happen again. We need Europe to attract better players also.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

December 21, 2017, 03:21:22 PM
Reply #37

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love to be in Europe again tbf.

Only niggle I have with starting so early is players not getting much rest after the WC.
That said, not sure who out of our starting line up would actually be going?

Gylfi, Pickford and Gueye are the only ones standing out?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 21, 2017, 05:09:44 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We owe Big Sam nothing, yet.

We owe him his wages for this week. That's about it though.

December 21, 2017, 05:11:39 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Canít believe weíre even debating this lads.

December 21, 2017, 05:58:50 PM
Reply #40

Robioto

As I always say we should be striving to be the best and do the best we can in every competition and to win every game we can. I think we should still be aiming for 7th (and above!) and with our up turn in form and the transfer window on the horizon I think 7th is reasonably likely. We are only 6 points off.

Then hopefully that will be enough to get us into Europe to have another and hopefully better crack at it. I love Everton being in Europe.

Few things wind me up more than fans wishing we weren't in certain competitions. In fact I can't believe it's even being debated.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:00:13 PM by Robioto »

December 21, 2017, 06:38:07 PM
Reply #41

Macca77

The Europa league needs a complete overhaul, the amount of games you have to play to win it is fucking ridiculous, and the champions league drop outs need fucking off to.

December 21, 2017, 07:02:35 PM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The Europa league needs a complete overhaul, the amount of games you have to play to win it is fucking ridiculous, and the champions league drop outs need fucking off to.
This is definitely true. Especially the cl dropouts.

It was all better as knockout competitions to be honest. The league stuff is bs.

December 21, 2017, 07:16:01 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

This is definitely true. Especially the cl dropouts.

It was all better as knockout competitions to be honest. The league stuff is bs.

Exactly, would also means less games to win the thing.

December 21, 2017, 08:34:17 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Exactly, would also means less games to win the thing.

Yep. Revert back to knockout. Increase the prem back up to 44 games. Everyone's happy.