July 19, 2018, 03:42:05 AM

Author Topic: Banning Transfer Fees OR Reverting To An NBA Style Trading System  (Read 445 times)

December 21, 2017, 04:44:38 AM
Read 445 times

Thomas

Would this make things fairer?
Is the NBA Model transferable?
Could clubs survive without transfer fees and instead have use a central arbirtration board?

I know some FIFA Top Brass have looked into banning transfer fees as a way of equalizing the playing field of top teams monopolizing their leagues and the transfer market, whilst keeping the EU quiet on labour regulations (odd as the EU usually smashes them up but anyway....)

http://www.euractiv.com/section/competition/news/football-union-wants-the-eu-ban-high-transfer-fees-after-neymar-deal/

December 21, 2017, 04:51:25 AM
Reply #1

ally2

Prefer my ideas:
12 a side league
11 a side but on trapezoid pitches

December 21, 2017, 12:40:41 PM
Reply #2

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure I saw a similar thread on a different forum.

December 25, 2017, 04:17:30 AM
Reply #3

mikey_blue

Don't think it would work without the collegiate system. Teams couldn't tank and get a decent draft pick because they'd run the risk of getting relegated. So a rebuilding process would be virtually impossible.

I think a salary cap would be a good thing. It would make the whole running of the club much more technical. Buying players contracts and trading for other assets would make it like a game of chess.

December 25, 2017, 01:45:30 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 25, 2017, 03:32:21 PM
Reply #5

van der Meyde

How do you implement something like this when there's neither a collegiate system nor a closed league system? We have promotion and relegation in almost every major football league, what happens when you get relegated? What happens when you want to bring a player in from overseas?

If you solve all these issues, how do you get financially advantaged clubs to agree with it? Everton might want to reduce the advantage City and United to be reduced, but they won't want to relinquish their advantage over Huddersfield, Burnley and foreign clubs.

I don't think there's any way you could implement it.