November 21, 2018, 09:28:51 AM

Author Topic: West Brom V Everton. Boxing day.  (Read 16437 times)

December 27, 2017, 03:28:18 AM
Reply #525

loroloco

That dream  that your local lads have to play for their beloved blues, same one that Jeffers, Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley had ?

sorry pal. it´s christmas, and i really don´t mean to be argumentative, but you have just inadvertantly made the exact point i was trying to make. it´s exactly because those lads were all evertonians that they were given a chance at such young ages. if they were at different clubs, would they would have been given the same opportunities??

gonna sign out now if it´s alright. i seem to have pissed a few of you off. my bad. i´m just a fan a tom davies and love the fact that the young lads get a chance. enjoy the rest of your boxing day.

December 27, 2017, 03:31:03 AM
Reply #526

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Didn’t see the game as I was in work

But

Lower your expectations if you think you are going to see progressive attacking football

This manager is known for solid defences, escaping relegation battles and playing long ball

We’ve been playing loads of games in a short space of time with injuries galore

Best case scenario this season is we finish 7th and some young players get some good first team experience and then we get a better manager in the summer

We were in trouble when Sam came in, we’re not anymore

We have barely won away from home in 12 months, it’s not easy to string together back to back wins away from Home when you are in that kind of form

He will never win us a trophy or get us a top 4 finish - he’s purely here to make us harder to beat until the end of the season - it is what it is
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 27, 2017, 03:51:17 AM
Reply #527

everton1952

Saw where Sam was coming from in his honest post match interview. No flannel, we are playing young players who should not be exposed to so many continual games. Some of them panic and can't pass a ball straight such as Davies and DCL.  Other players are ill or still not fit to be selected. WBA should have won. He said it as if he expects improvements when Rooney and others get fit.  Trouble is there are no signs at all of Barkley, Baines, Seamus or even the much maligned McCarthy being fit any time soon. Clearly there are others who do not get selected at all for whatever reason such as Vlasic, Besic etc. Bolassie is probably 5 or 6 games away from being match fit. It is probably going to be a rocky month of January but we are not losing games despite some poor performances. 

December 27, 2017, 04:49:34 AM
Reply #528

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's ridiculous to start 5 at the back against West Brom. Even worse is to keep the back5 for 90 minutes. A little bit of a change. Say Lennon for cb or Baningime for a Cb after 55-60min means we more attacking and have a chance to win the game.

Piss poor from Allardyce today.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2017, 06:10:38 AM
Reply #529

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's ridiculous to start 5 at the back against West Brom. Even worse is to keep the back5 for 90 minutes. A little bit of a change. Say Lennon for cb or Baningime for a Cb after 55-60min means we more attacking and have a chance to win the game.

Piss poor from Allardyce today.

Post of the day ^^
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 27, 2017, 06:11:57 AM
Reply #530

TrevorSteven

Allardyce and his style of football is one thing, but the worst thing is the quality of our players.

It actually isn't any flair, vision or creativity in this team. He has made A team out of this players Allardyce, but when Chris Brunt looks like Messi out there you understand that the days of Earl Barett, Joe Parkinson, Lee Carsley, Barry Horne and John Ebbrell is back.

Williams is crazy and has nothing to offer starting attacks, Holgate may have it in him but made som scary sloppy passes forward, Keane suddenly looks extremely uncomfortable passing the ball, Schneiderlein has lost his silky first touch and never seem to manage taking control of the ball, Martina is average at best, Kenny is the less coordinated physically player I ever have seen - Its a miracle he is not falling in his own legs more often and every time he is gonna make a pass it looks like the biggest strugle a man can have...will he fall, will he hit the ball, where will the ball go? At least he runs like Forest Gump making him so appreciated by the FA that he will get insanly many youth caps. Poor Davies not beeing in form and surrounded by nobody who actually can make an intelligent pass giving him to much of A burden beeing the creative force he still ain't but may one day become. Gylfi is our "kicker" - too bad we dont have the possibility to just put him on at every set-pieces for then watching the rest of the match from the sidelines. Its incredible how fast half a billion Norwegian kroner can be spent on something so slow and stationary. At top we have the diva DCL who would never create chances even if he had any player close to him when he is jumping into the air trying to win A totally unecessary header 30 meters from the goal - fortunately for him he does not have any players close to him, so nobody could complain. This fantastic talent, especially when you compare him to his mate at the England youth team - Solanke -
clearly has everything to offer that Solanke doesnt. No flair, no technique, no dribling, awfull finishing - espescially if he by accident come one on one with the goalkeeper - freaking out loosing all composure and just hits the ball with closed eyes. The scary truth is that A Bolasie, injured for A year is the only player who actually is even close to be able to beat A man.

This Everton-team is really one of the worst we have had for some time, but still this Sam-guy makes them keep the clean-sheet making it possible to get A fluke win here and there
because of A fluke goal here and there.

Happy times!

December 27, 2017, 01:53:52 PM
Reply #531

mikey_blue

Allardyce and his style of football is one thing, but the worst thing is the quality of our players.

It actually isn't any flair, vision or creativity in this team. He has made A team out of this players Allardyce, but when Chris Brunt looks like Messi out there you understand that the days of Earl Barett, Joe Parkinson, Lee Carsley, Barry Horne and John Ebbrell is back.

Williams is crazy and has nothing to offer starting attacks, Holgate may have it in him but made som scary sloppy passes forward, Keane suddenly looks extremely uncomfortable passing the ball, Schneiderlein has lost his silky first touch and never seem to manage taking control of the ball, Martina is average at best, Kenny is the less coordinated physically player I ever have seen - Its a miracle he is not falling in his own legs more often and every time he is gonna make a pass it looks like the biggest strugle a man can have...will he fall, will he hit the ball, where will the ball go? At least he runs like Forest Gump making him so appreciated by the FA that he will get insanly many youth caps. Poor Davies not beeing in form and surrounded by nobody who actually can make an intelligent pass giving him to much of A burden beeing the creative force he still ain't but may one day become. Gylfi is our "kicker" - too bad we dont have the possibility to just put him on at every set-pieces for then watching the rest of the match from the sidelines. Its incredible how fast half a billion Norwegian kroner can be spent on something so slow and stationary. At top we have the diva DCL who would never create chances even if he had any player close to him when he is jumping into the air trying to win A totally unecessary header 30 meters from the goal - fortunately for him he does not have any players close to him, so nobody could complain. This fantastic talent, especially when you compare him to his mate at the England youth team - Solanke -
clearly has everything to offer that Solanke doesnt. No flair, no technique, no dribling, awfull finishing - espescially if he by accident come one on one with the goalkeeper - freaking out loosing all composure and just hits the ball with closed eyes. The scary truth is that A Bolasie, injured for A year is the only player who actually is even close to be able to beat A man.

This Everton-team is really one of the worst we have had for some time, but still this Sam-guy makes them keep the clean-sheet making it possible to get A fluke win here and there

Happy times!

Well that was 3 minutes I'm never getting back.

That was the most "Less coordinated" post I've seen in some time.

December 27, 2017, 02:24:42 PM
Reply #532

Juanito

When I saw 5 at the back with Martina, a mediocre championship right back, playing left wing back, I knew it was going to be a long afternoon.  Also too much to ask of Kenny so early on his career to pose an attack threat as a wing back.

This formation at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge maybe, but the Hawthorns? The irony is that West Brom nearly won the game with us not having a go. That’s why I think the Big Sam effect is going to become a little weary once we hit those ‘magical 40 points’

December 27, 2017, 03:17:30 PM
Reply #533

UnsyisaRhino

Happy times!

Put the sherry down and step away from the noose.

Fuckin ell. You've turned positives into negatives, exaggerated faults, fabricated others and turned an unbalanced team lacking in key areas into one of the worst we've had in some time. That better be a pretty short period of time.

December 27, 2017, 03:22:20 PM
Reply #534

Rodenplav64

Well that was 3 minutes I'm never getting back.

That was the most "Less coordinated" post I've seen in some time.

Like a pissed up ramble from your mate . " Ah fuck off lid I've had enough ". Or maybe English isn't his first language .

December 27, 2017, 03:31:02 PM
Reply #535

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
                 there`s nothing wrong in wanting or dreaming mate

Who said there was ?

December 27, 2017, 03:33:22 PM
Reply #536

eyesalwaysblue

There's just as big of a job sorting players out that aren't needed and try get rid to make room for new ones.
It's just as much of  mess as the league position was, he's eased the biggest fear of relegation, not out of the woods yet but looking a lot better that's all he can do as the squad is, it was never going to be pretty, a short spell with the wrong man caused this combined with the one before, he's not going to be here for ever.
          Never had the feeling before that we could beat nobody as it was under Koeman so i'll take this until the end of the season as long as we are safe, because we wern't before.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 27, 2017, 03:42:27 PM
Reply #537

Rodenplav64

Where have all the people who thought Koemans signings were good gone ?

December 27, 2017, 03:46:02 PM
Reply #538

BlueForYou

Gone nowhere - I'm here!

Good manager, Koeman - bad summer!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 27, 2017, 03:49:55 PM
Reply #539

eugene

Think our best hope is to cut a loss on the likes of klassen and Sandro,
They obviously aren’t premier league players and get some proven steady eddy’s with experience to see us thru this season what about deffo