December 13, 2018, 12:25:12 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 58238 times)

December 26, 2017, 01:36:36 AM
Read 58238 times

Paddockoldie

Just checked him on YouTube and not really impressed unless the Prem quality drops massively and all the goalies/defenders stand around doing nit much to stop him. He's a good badge kisser though but Prem quality? I'm unsure but perhaps Walsh knows better.

December 29, 2017, 03:35:48 AM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

I guess he's on his way. Glad we're sorting this early.

Let's hope the early bird doesn't get another worm this time.

December 29, 2017, 03:48:16 PM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

We got Lukaku for 28 so buying another promising striker for 20 isn't so bad.
 Anyway, he's a real doubter that Thomas

December 29, 2017, 10:06:52 PM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

Walsh has flapped it and is in turkey trying to get it sorted amid fears it could get hijacked, according to Paul Joyce.

He's gone for blag jeans firstly but will try and get us a striker in to the bargain.

January 03, 2018, 01:12:39 AM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favourite.

I actually think they became dad rock after Invisible Touch. Much better early and just after Gabriel left. Carpet Crawlers and Suppers Ready are things of beauty. Then there's ' The Cage', 'Cinema Show'... brilliant band with stuff for everyone really so these are just my preferences. Anyway has he signed yet or what?

January 04, 2018, 02:05:43 AM
Reply #5

Paddockoldie

All teams would fleece another one if they get the chance. We did it with Fellani... that's business these days. Tosun is a gamble but you either take it and hope you thought right about him or you get fleeced by someone else.. it's called having money now.

January 04, 2018, 01:29:53 PM
Reply #6

Paddockoldie

I bet Walsh is sick to death of drinking Apple tea.. at least the deal's done now.

January 04, 2018, 02:03:40 PM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

Is it done?

As good as. Just got one more round of Apple tea and then they shake on it.