August 15, 2018, 12:41:13 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 51128 times)

January 03, 2018, 01:17:03 AM
Reply #660

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I fucking love The Hunt for Red October.

January 03, 2018, 01:23:23 AM
Reply #661

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's like an international window in here. is this how boring Allardyce is?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 03, 2018, 01:24:24 AM
Reply #662

eugene

I actually think they became dad rock after Invisible Touch. Much better early and just after Gabriel left. Carpet Crawlers and Suppers Ready are things of beauty. Then there's ' The Cage', 'Cinema Show'... brilliant band with stuff for everyone really so these are just my preferences. Anyway has he signed yet or what?
Home by the see for me off Genesis Genesis

January 03, 2018, 01:46:56 AM
Reply #663

sam of the south

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favourite.

I 'pulled' on FB the other night, when I started responding with American Psycho quotes when a girl I went to school with announced she was watching the film. 

Anyway, "Let's see Cenk Tosun's card..."
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 03, 2018, 01:49:14 AM
Reply #664

sam of the south

I actually think they became dad rock after Invisible Touch. Much better early and just after Gabriel left. Carpet Crawlers and Suppers Ready are things of beauty. Then there's ' The Cage', 'Cinema Show'... brilliant band with stuff for everyone really so these are just my preferences. Anyway has he signed yet or what?

Do you like Huey Lewis And The News?

January 03, 2018, 01:50:03 AM
Reply #665

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure there's a music thread.

Edit: or movie thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:54:26 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 03, 2018, 01:55:55 AM
Reply #666

BlueForYou

There seems to be a Misunderstanding that we are Throwing It All Away but Against All Odds we'll Turn It On Again

Selling Everton By The Pound?

No - It's Hip To Be Square
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 03, 2018, 01:55:55 AM
Reply #667

eugene

Anybody got any latest on Cenk

January 03, 2018, 01:56:42 AM
Reply #668

ally2

Always had boner for Arda Turan. He would be perfect for us. Rarely loses the ball, big and strong, lots of skill, will chip in with a few and he's a bit of an arsehole as well.

January 03, 2018, 02:10:44 AM
Reply #669

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Anybody got any latest on Cenk
Sources close to me say Steve Walsh is dragging it out so he can get some winter sun in kalcan!

January 03, 2018, 02:32:55 AM
Reply #670

eugene

Sources close to me say Steve Walsh is dragging it out so he can get some winter sun in kalcan!
Ffs mate donít joke on this thread we are being monitored by the sensible police 🤫

January 03, 2018, 02:39:00 AM
Reply #671

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Arda Turan is an absolute wasteman.

Would walk into our side like, but wouldnít be surprised to see it (and him) turn pear-shaped.

Worth a go if Serri isnít coming off, but id prefer Serri I think..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2018, 02:54:51 AM
Reply #672

Mayor Farnum

Any alternatives to Cenk been mentioned anywhere?

January 03, 2018, 02:57:58 AM
Reply #673

eugene

Winding me right up this now if we hadnít had enough with the Sandro and sig sagas, why Everton FFS

January 03, 2018, 03:11:37 AM
Reply #674

sam of the south

Winding me right up this now if we hadnít had enough with the Sandro and sig sagas, why Everton FFS

Calm down, dear