October 23, 2018, 12:23:51 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 55429 times)

January 05, 2018, 01:45:12 AM
Reply #885

toffee_scot

Born and bred, educated in Germany there’s a fair chance he speaks half decent English, am sure he can say “on me ed son”

All he needs to know is

"You're on your own up front son, do what you can".

January 05, 2018, 01:56:55 AM
Reply #886

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
You can use these examples to discredit signing anyone to be fair.
True. They just have similar backgrounds
Anyway, good luck cenk hope your boss.
Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2018, 01:58:11 AM
Reply #887

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The (slightly) interesting thing here is, you'd have to think this is unambiguously Steve Walsh's recommendation.

I think these next few transfers will go a long way to proving Walsh's ability and whether he should continue in the role. Before now you could accuse him of lack of leadership, but there is a enough doubt about who was calling the shots when we see certain players come in who were ex-Koeman players, or the likes of Sigurdsson who seemed to be a Koeman favourite.

January 05, 2018, 02:00:21 AM
Reply #888

Macca77

Hes gonna be boss lads, we'll love him

January 05, 2018, 02:12:38 AM
Reply #889

Ross

The (slightly) interesting thing here is, you'd have to think this is unambiguously Steve Walsh's recommendation.

I think these next few transfers will go a long way to proving Walsh's ability and whether he should continue in the role. Before now you could accuse him of lack of leadership, but there is a enough doubt about who was calling the shots when we see certain players come in who were ex-Koeman players, or the likes of Sigurdsson who seemed to be a Koeman favourite.

I read Palace we’re looking at him when Allardyce was there last season.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 05, 2018, 02:13:52 AM
Reply #890

MmmblueBernard

Aye, he’s a big Sam pick. Like the tanned Kevin Davies he said.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 05, 2018, 02:15:42 AM
Reply #891

eugene

I read Palace we're looking at him when Allardyce was there last season.
Yes I read this also so what’s to say Walsh has chased him and not Allardyce, may have even been one of him conditions when Mosh courted him

January 05, 2018, 02:18:46 AM
Reply #892

Ross

Aye, he’s a big Sam pick. Like the tanned Kevin Davies he said.

If Allardyce saw a tanned Kevin Davies he’d probably start licking him hoping it was a gravy coating.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 05, 2018, 02:26:16 AM
Reply #893

eyesalwaysblue

If Allardyce saw a tanned Kevin Davies he’d probably start licking him hoping it was a gravy coating.
Bad mental picture, something you could never unsee.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 05, 2018, 02:38:40 AM
Reply #894

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Ha, well...what does Steve Walsh do again? :)

Allardyce himself seems like a Walsh pick so hopefully they're on the same page. I'd imagine if things don't work out under Allardyce then Walsh will be out the door too.

January 05, 2018, 02:49:14 AM
Reply #895

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We've been scouting him for a while so it's a Steve Walsh signing, with large Sam approval

January 05, 2018, 02:58:04 AM
Reply #896

Ross

Ha, well...what does Steve Walsh do again? :)

Allardyce himself seems like a Walsh pick so hopefully they're on the same page. I'd imagine if things don't work out under Allardyce then Walsh will be out the door too.

Sounds like the Tosun situation is very similar to Koeman with Bolasie and Sigurdsson (and I think Williams to?), where the manager can request his own targets to the DoF based on his previous jobs scouting/recruitment. Which as we know didn’t turn out particularly fruitful last time we worked that way.

Also not sure Walsh had any say who came in, Paul Joyce said the managerial search was conducted by Moshiri, Harris and Ryazantsev.

January 05, 2018, 02:59:03 AM
Reply #897

eugene

Right then what’s the score? has the deal been done lads

January 05, 2018, 03:07:03 AM
Reply #898

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Right then what’s the score? has the deal been done lads

1-1 - extra time about to be played
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 05, 2018, 03:07:51 AM
Reply #899

kramer0

One of the nice things about the Allardyce hire is that if/when things go wrong, there's a good chance he takes Walsh down with him.