August 17, 2018, 10:53:24 AM

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 11324 times)

February 10, 2018, 04:57:59 AM
Reply #120

sam of the south

The generation that criticised him grew up idolising footballers that were literally wreckheads, is the mad thing.

Yeah, the same generation that mock Millennials for living in a world that has a fair amount of health and safety regs attached to it, rules that were created by crusty Baby Boomers themselves
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 10, 2018, 06:46:37 AM
Reply #121

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It's really not.  Who sits in a pool in Vegas drinking and smoking when their supposed to be getting fit for a world cup.

Plenty of examples like this over the years

He apparently had the lowest body fat percentage at Utd for years, so I think it's myth.

He might let it go a bit too much in he off seasons, but he's always where he should be once the season starts.

He's played in over 40 games near enough every single season since he broke through with us as a teenager, 55 one year for Utd, thats not including his international appearances.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:49:33 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 10, 2018, 06:51:38 AM
Reply #122

sam of the south

He apparently had the lowest body fat percentage at Utd for years, so I think it's myth.

He might let it go a bit too much in he off seasons, but he's always where he should be once the season starts.

He's played in over 40 games near enough every single season since he broke through with us as a teenager, 55 one year for Utd.

Do you have a link to the Rooney bodyfat percentage claim, because I work with bodyfat percentage pretty often, and I think it is highly unlikely or plain made-up (not by you)

February 10, 2018, 06:52:21 AM
Reply #123

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Do you have a link to the Rooney bodyfat percentage claim, because I work with bodyfat percentage pretty often, and I think it is highly unlikely or plain made-up (not by you)

No a drug dealer told me. True story.

February 10, 2018, 06:54:44 AM
Reply #124

Jamokachi

cocaine will keep you skinny...

February 10, 2018, 06:55:43 AM
Reply #125

sam of the south

No a drug dealer told me. True story.

Nuff said

February 10, 2018, 06:57:47 AM
Reply #126

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Nuff said

He had some video of Rooney pissed in his house wearing one of his Everton salmon home kits too, it was about 4 or 5 years ago. It was a strange encounter.

February 10, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
Reply #127

sam of the south

He had some video of Rooney pissed in his house wearing one of his Everton salmon home kits too, it was about 4 or 5 years ago. It was a strange encounter.

Sounds like a top night

February 10, 2018, 07:10:59 AM
Reply #128

Ramjam

Are you sure that it wasnít his Everton pyjamas if he was having a sleepover
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 10, 2018, 03:43:49 PM
Reply #129

Lxxx

To be fair if you spend your life doing stupid things it shouldnít come as a surprise if people think youíre a bit stupid.

Of course he was growing up in the public eye while he was still a boy so every indiscretion was magnified, so there are mitigating circumstances.
Heís still young now which kind of goes unnoticed but perceptions often become reality, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway I hope he does have a great management career and maybe with us.

February 10, 2018, 03:56:19 PM
Reply #130

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair if he'd taken good care of himself he wouldn't have started declining age 27-28 and he'd be far closer to his peak now at 32 than he is. Let's be honest, he's a shadow of his former self, but his former self was so good that he's still easily good enough for our team.

This is a man who let himself be filmed getting knocked out cold boxing a mate in a fucking kitchen. That's not taking care of yourself, and idiotic on multiple levels.

I agree there is a magnification of his stupidity and lack of care for his own health for all the reasons people have outlined - his fame, being a poor scouser etc.

But at the same time there's rarely smoke without fire and Wayne has set off a fair few fires in his time.

February 10, 2018, 04:24:32 PM
Reply #131

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair if he'd taken good care of himself he wouldn't have started declining age 27-28 and he'd be far closer to his peak now at 32 than he is. Let's be honest, he's a shadow of his former self, but his former self was so good that he's still easily good enough for our team.

This is a man who let himself be filmed getting knocked out cold boxing a mate in a fucking kitchen. That's not taking care of yourself, and idiotic on multiple levels.

I agree there is a magnification of his stupidity and lack of care for his own health for all the reasons people have outlined - his fame, being a poor scouser etc.

But at the same time there's rarely smoke without fire and Wayne has set off a fair few fires in his time.
I disagree with that
Most players start playing regular first team football at 20, they become a teams focal point at about 24 and begin to decline about 31

Rooney was a first team regular at 16 and a teams focal point at 18. He was miles ahead of the curve so it's no surprise to me that all the games took its toll in his late 20s
Simply simply lovely

February 10, 2018, 04:44:50 PM
Reply #132

Lxxx

I’m going to be completely honest with you - I don’t think it does.

He looks, talks and sometimes acts like a poor person - something this country is very good at is making people hate poor people.

Usually, it’s young black men. If not black then a scouser will do, is the mentality.

Think you're reading way too much into this.

Paul Scholes for example was an equally gifted player of his generation, from a working class background in a north west city. Again, equally uncomfortable in front of the media.
I don't remember people saying he was thick or deriding him for being stupid. But then again he didn't give people ammunition to think he was an idiot by getting filmed in his kitchen getting knocked out or driving birds home drunk in the early hours or getting filmed pissed while on England duty or drinking and smoking in Vegas etc etc... 

People are usually judged on their actions not their social status.

February 10, 2018, 05:20:29 PM
Reply #133

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I disagree with that
Most players start playing regular first team football at 20, they become a teams focal point at about 24 and begin to decline about 31

Rooney was a first team regular at 16 and a teams focal point at 18. He was miles ahead of the curve so it's no surprise to me that all the games took its toll in his late 20s

Why should being a first team regular or a teams focal point aged 16 matter?

Itís not like other players arenít still playing football at that age - in reserves, u21 etc.

You could even argue that itís of benefit to rooney to be playing earlier as there will have been far more focus on him doing things like not playing too much football, having the right amount of recovery time after games, more care from physios, nutritionists etc.

February 10, 2018, 05:39:13 PM
Reply #134

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why should being a first team regular or a teams focal point aged 16 matter?

It's not like other players aren't still playing football at that age - in reserves, u21 etc.

You could even argue that it's of benefit to rooney to be playing earlier as there will have been far more focus on him doing things like not playing too much football, having the right amount of recovery time after games, more care from physios, nutritionists etc.
It's the stress and physical nature that takes its toll

A lad playing u21 matches in front of 100 is a bit different from an 18yo leading the attack away at ac milan
Simply simply lovely