November 19, 2018, 07:11:52 PM

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 12993 times)

December 27, 2017, 05:08:39 AM
Read 12993 times

Lxxx

A grown man, fit professional sportsman no less, off work for a week with a cold?

Time off to save his marriage more like.

December 27, 2017, 08:34:02 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Evidence please !----and all the best to you and yours for the New Year

I think itís hospital policy across the board not to allow sick visitors into wards where there are sick children. Regardless if you are Englandís top goal scorer or not.

December 27, 2017, 10:36:41 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Yeah definitely

Not somewhere many people go voluntarily like

Heart-breaking. I work with individuals who have been told by the medical system there's nothing more they can do, some of them kids, and we try and bring them back from the brink when allopathic medicine has failed them. It's tough meeting people at their lowest point.   

December 29, 2017, 03:04:38 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

The doubts of Rooney's illness were dispelled for me by the official story of him travelling for WBA game but getting sent home with a virus.

And it IS quite dangerous for a athlete to perform when they're ill.

Allardyce also said he was sent home with antibiotics and anyone who knows anything about health knows that antibiotics are useless against anything viral and thus arenít prescribed or recommended.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:07:06 AM by Lxxx »

December 29, 2017, 03:22:29 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Yeah but most docs prescribe them just to keep you happy and out their office.

Iím presuming we pay for a more premium standard of healthcare advice than that.

February 06, 2018, 03:32:05 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

I know he has his critics and he loses concentration on the pitch at times but I want to see a manager tell him he's playing centre midfield from now on so get his head around that as his new position, get his mind and fitness right and give him the armband with the instructions to dig out his team-mates as often as he likes.

He's still got a lot to offer if he's managed right and his experience and knowledge of the game is second to none. We should have been building a side around him this season to get the best out of the final years of his career. He won't play every game but to be fuckin around as we have done this season we've missed a trick not using him to the best of his ability, in my opinion.

February 09, 2018, 08:01:19 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Bit harsh that !

But pretty accurate.

February 09, 2018, 08:08:25 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

No it's not. A shy lad does not constitute a dumb lad.

I'm not saying it does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and mature with age but his life is littered with events that indicate he's got pretty poor judgement and indicate he's not the brightest.

February 09, 2018, 09:12:14 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

So what is his IQ then if you know ? I think he has sufficient intelligence to put his vast experience as a top flight player with a top flight club under a top flight manager into becoming a top flight coach, which is what a Manager is in today’s world of DOF’s and boardroom strategists.

Maybe so. I hope he does.

February 09, 2018, 09:22:43 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

He is much improved in interviews, the ..erm..has almost disappeared, look at videos of Beckham 20 years ago and compare with today, would love to see Rooney manage Everton one day.

Yeh you could tell the other night he's clearly been coached on it as a few times you could see we went to say 'erm' but mentally checked himself.

February 10, 2018, 03:43:49 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

To be fair if you spend your life doing stupid things it shouldnít come as a surprise if people think youíre a bit stupid.

Of course he was growing up in the public eye while he was still a boy so every indiscretion was magnified, so there are mitigating circumstances.
Heís still young now which kind of goes unnoticed but perceptions often become reality, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway I hope he does have a great management career and maybe with us.

February 10, 2018, 04:44:50 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

I’m going to be completely honest with you - I don’t think it does.

He looks, talks and sometimes acts like a poor person - something this country is very good at is making people hate poor people.

Usually, it’s young black men. If not black then a scouser will do, is the mentality.

Think you're reading way too much into this.

Paul Scholes for example was an equally gifted player of his generation, from a working class background in a north west city. Again, equally uncomfortable in front of the media.
I don't remember people saying he was thick or deriding him for being stupid. But then again he didn't give people ammunition to think he was an idiot by getting filmed in his kitchen getting knocked out or driving birds home drunk in the early hours or getting filmed pissed while on England duty or drinking and smoking in Vegas etc etc... 

People are usually judged on their actions not their social status.