November 14, 2018, 01:55:18 AM

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 12829 times)

December 27, 2017, 08:40:45 PM
Read 12829 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's entirely probable that it was done a few days beforehand in order to get the release out to the media

These types of visits are heavily managed on both sides of the coin which is less possible to do on Christmas Day itself

He's donated a huge sum of money to several charities though, so a bit of stage management doesn't really matter.

If he hadn't got the flu nobody would have paid it any attention
Me sister is head of the high dependcy ward at Alderhey...... She was saying that the players won't come in there. Only Rooney and Carragher did
Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2017, 10:10:46 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's a heavy place mate to be fair
I know yeah, she said she understands but fair play to rooney and Carragher
Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2017, 10:37:02 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
True, the one place you dont wish even your worst enemy to spend time at

Truly horrible experience.
Dunno how my sister does it tbh
Simply simply lovely

December 27, 2017, 10:53:32 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The happy stories will outweigh the sad ones by a million miles
I'm sure they do pal. She's still smiling so thats a bonus
Simply simply lovely

February 10, 2018, 04:24:32 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair if he'd taken good care of himself he wouldn't have started declining age 27-28 and he'd be far closer to his peak now at 32 than he is. Let's be honest, he's a shadow of his former self, but his former self was so good that he's still easily good enough for our team.

This is a man who let himself be filmed getting knocked out cold boxing a mate in a fucking kitchen. That's not taking care of yourself, and idiotic on multiple levels.

I agree there is a magnification of his stupidity and lack of care for his own health for all the reasons people have outlined - his fame, being a poor scouser etc.

But at the same time there's rarely smoke without fire and Wayne has set off a fair few fires in his time.
I disagree with that
Most players start playing regular first team football at 20, they become a teams focal point at about 24 and begin to decline about 31

Rooney was a first team regular at 16 and a teams focal point at 18. He was miles ahead of the curve so it's no surprise to me that all the games took its toll in his late 20s
Simply simply lovely

February 10, 2018, 05:39:13 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why should being a first team regular or a teams focal point aged 16 matter?

It's not like other players aren't still playing football at that age - in reserves, u21 etc.

You could even argue that it's of benefit to rooney to be playing earlier as there will have been far more focus on him doing things like not playing too much football, having the right amount of recovery time after games, more care from physios, nutritionists etc.
It's the stress and physical nature that takes its toll

A lad playing u21 matches in front of 100 is a bit different from an 18yo leading the attack away at ac milan
Simply simply lovely