October 21, 2019, 02:10:19 PM

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 16497 times)

February 06, 2018, 04:53:52 AM
Read 16497 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Started very nervous but the last half or or so heís been really good talking about his life, football, past goals and stuff. Definitely warmed up. Smoothest Iíve seen him in the media I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 09, 2018, 09:45:26 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not 100% convinced on the good player = good manager thing but if he wants to do it he should get his badges and work up, not a sweetheart deal at 35.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 10, 2018, 03:57:23 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No a lot of it comes from his behaviour off the field coupled with his lack of dedication to his fitness (drinking & smoking) which combined give the impression of someone not hugely intelligent

Iím going to be completely honest with you - I donít think it does.

He looks, talks and sometimes acts like a poor person - something this country is very good at is making people hate poor people.

Usually, itís young black men. If not black then a scouser will do, is the mentality.

February 10, 2018, 04:02:18 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Who bloody doesn't?

The generation that criticised him grew up idolising footballers that were literally wreckheads, is the mad thing.

February 10, 2018, 07:09:38 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I canít remember what study it was but Iím sure someone looked at champions leagues finals and found the majority of players who make it to cl finals (peak of club football surely) have been playing first team since 17 years old.

All that probably says is that elite talent breaks through earlier like, but I thought it was interesting.

February 16, 2018, 03:10:12 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Happy to admit I didnít want him because he looked more finished than an empty bottle of Finish.

However, simply through just being a good quality player heís looked at times head and shoulder above the crap we put out. A genuinely world class player in his prime and I think we may get 2/3ds of a season out of him next year even.

As I said previously priority is back up / replacement for his job in the middle of the pitch - be a ball magnet who can pass forwards, would be great if they had legs as well but I doubt weíll get doucoure now spurs are after him.