January 22, 2018, 06:52:19 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 10768 times)

December 28, 2017, 02:58:20 AM
Reply #30

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Fair do's. Must just feel narrower.

yeah, didn't mean to sound harsh and as I read that back it could come across that way so apologies for that. Pundits love to use that line of more width at some grounds etc and that was only true for Stoke when they played long throw football.

I remember researching this a few years back as i always felt places like Anfield etc seemed so much bigger as did Old trafford. But it's all camera angles and where the camera's are situated in the stands.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 28, 2017, 03:00:18 AM
Reply #31

Gash

Global Moderator
Go get rich then. If they are wrong go make some money. I'd imagine Bournemouths home record is a hell of a lot better than our away record though.

I'm not interested in what the bookies are saying or putting money on it. Look, forget our away form, forget the bookies, forget Bournemouth's home form, forget everything in fact, Everton Football Club drawing with AFC Bournemouth anywhere is not a "more than decent result" and it's a pathetic mentality to think it is. These are the type of games we should be having a proper go at winning.

December 28, 2017, 03:01:28 AM
Reply #32

KoemansNumberTens

Mate we've got Utd, the RS etc coming up, and you're going to be arguing that we'll do brilliantly to get anything at all out of those games and you will be right and people will agree with you.

But don't try to sell us that shite against 18th and 19th in the league. It doesn't wash.

I'm not saying I'd be delighted with a draw. I'm saying we are a bit shit and according to the odds a draw would be a reasonable result.

Have you watched us play. We haven't controlled a 90 minutes all season. Given that we can't be that confident or expectant of beating anyone. Unfortunately we just aren't very good and for me won't be until we add 2 or 3 quality players in attacking positions

December 28, 2017, 03:03:34 AM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not interested in what the bookies are saying or putting money on it. Look, forget our away form, forget the bookies, forget Bournemouth's home form, forget everything in fact, Everton Football Club drawing with AFC Bournemouth anywhere is not a "more than decent result" and it's a pathetic mentality to think it is. These are the type of games we should be having a proper go at winning.

Absolutely and we should have a striker. We should have proper cover at left back. We sure as hell should have a playmaker given we apparently signed 3. I'm not arguing the point of ambition. We should be hammering these but currently we don't have a squad to hammer anyone
We can say "we are Everton" all we like but that's not the reality of what we can field on a Saturday

December 28, 2017, 03:11:32 AM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

I'm not saying I'd be delighted with a draw. I'm saying we are a bit shit and according to the odds a draw would be a reasonable result.

Have you watched us play. We haven't controlled a 90 minutes all season. Given that we can't be that confident or expectant of beating anyone. Unfortunately we just aren't very good and for me won't be until we add 2 or 3 quality players in attacking positions

You're effectively saying we're fairly shite right? Ok, and we're 9/10 places above those two teams in the league, so that says that they are significantly worse than us. Forget bookies. The table tells you where you are in relation to other teams.

Those two teams are garbage and a team 9/10 places above them should expect to beat them (and have a shot or two against them) every single time, in every situation, in every league.

Apart from trying to lower expectations, so that we all think a point against dross is a good result, what you're saying doesn't actually make logical sense at all.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 28, 2017, 03:14:35 AM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator
Absolutely and we should have a striker. We should have proper cover at left back. We sure as hell should have a playmaker given we apparently signed 3. I'm not arguing the point of ambition. We should be hammering these but currently we don't have a squad to hammer anyone
We can say "we are Everton" all we like but that's not the reality of what we can field on a Saturday

I know, we all know, you've trotted the same thing out umpteen times. Bringing it up in every thread isn't going to make it any different though.

You can have an opinion without repeating it 100's of times.  :thumbsup:

December 28, 2017, 03:22:45 AM
Reply #36

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You're effectively saying we're fairly shite right? Ok, and we're 9/10 places above those two teams in the league, so that says that they are significantly worse than us. Forget bookies. The table tells you where you are in relation to other teams.

Those two teams are garbage and a team 9/10 places above them should expect to beat them (and have a shot or two against them) every single time, in every situation, in every league.

Apart from trying to lower expectations, so that we all think a point against dross is a good result, what you're saying doesn't actually make logical sense at all.

And to add to this... It's ok to sometimes even lose to teams below you when you play badly or they play well. But to not even try and win like Saturday is inexcusable
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 28, 2017, 03:33:53 AM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

But our away record is worse than their home records (I would assume or they'd have been relegated)

we just aren't very good. Hopefully we'll play well defensively and snatch it. There's nothing in the past year that suggests we'll control the game and create lots of chances.

December 28, 2017, 03:35:19 AM
Reply #38

KoemansNumberTens

I know, we all know, you've trotted the same thing out umpteen times. Bringing it up in every thread isn't going to make it any different though.

You can have an opinion without repeating it 100's of times.  :thumbsup:

I'm actually talking about the reality of our squad compared to you shouting "we are Everton" I'm not so much repeating my opinion more urging you to look at reality.

December 28, 2017, 03:43:04 AM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

But our away record is worse than their home records (I would assume or they'd have been relegated)

we just aren't very good. Hopefully we'll play well defensively and snatch it. There's nothing in the past year that suggests we'll control the game and create lots of chances.

As you well know, no-one is expecting us to control the game and create lots of chances. You, and people who agree with you, keep deliberately misrepresenting what me and others are saying.

Just a few shots on goal and a decent counter attacking display would be a start. At the moment we're just camping out in our box and launching it to the corner flag.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 28, 2017, 03:45:08 AM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

As you well know, no-one is expecting us to control the game and create lots of chances. You, and people who agree with you, keep deliberately misrepresenting what me and others are saying.

Just a few shots on goal and a decent counter attacking display would be a start. At the moment we're just camping out in our box and launching it to the corner flag.

I don't disagree then. All I'm saying is that people suggesting we should win aren't looking at the reality of our last years worth of results and performances

We are want better. I just think it will take the transfer window before we see real improvement

December 28, 2017, 03:46:36 AM
Reply #41

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm actually talking about the reality of our squad compared to you shouting "we are Everton" I'm not so much repeating my opinion more urging you to look at reality.

I'm not shouting "we are Everton" no one is and no one is demanding we win. I'm just stating that we should be looking to win these kind of games and not thinking a draw is a decent result, regardless of our squad shortcomings.

December 28, 2017, 03:57:17 AM
Reply #42

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not shouting "we are Everton" no one is and no one is demanding we win. I'm just stating that we should be looking to win these kind of games and not thinking a draw is a decent result, regardless of our squad shortcomings.

I totally agree. Of course we need to have a go and try and win the game. I just think realistically that us away are no better than them at home so pretty much all results are equally likely

I wasn't happy with the West Brom game. We were shite. Defensively and in attack. the results previously were great because they were built on a good defence. The West Brom game was just pure luck

I'm certainly not saying we should play for a draw or that I'd be happy with the result. Just that it's not an unlikely outcome or even subpar when considering our terrible long term form

December 28, 2017, 03:59:02 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
These can actually attack, unlike West Brom.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 04:23:09 AM
Reply #44

Simon Paul

Administrator
Reckon we'll get our third 0-0 win in a row here