October 21, 2018, 07:23:25 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 20768 times)

December 29, 2017, 09:29:14 PM
Reply #120

KoemansNumberTens

No agenda at all, never wanted him here, I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and hail him as some of saviour now, yes he's doing a decent job, but performances need to improve

Them results are much better than decent. We'd have been happy with them under Martinez when we thought we were on the brink of something. The results have been great. Defensively apart from West Brom the performances have been great too. Attacking wise we've been shite.
Maybe I'm in a slightly different position being more miserable than most as I just think our attacking players are crap. Think we'll be much better after the window (assuming we get 2 or 3 in)

December 29, 2017, 09:35:18 PM
Reply #121

ally2

Annoys me the way some people think hes some sort of miracle worker, we were never in danger of being in trouble, we beat shite teams and he gets hailed even more, we draw against average struggling teams and it's a good result.

World class gibberish. Confuses me so much why certain people keep pedaling this and just won't let it go.

December 29, 2017, 09:55:25 PM
Reply #122

bacon sarnie

Usual fare. Maybe a goal. Lots of moaning. Christ on a bike.......

December 29, 2017, 10:07:21 PM
Reply #123

Macca77

World class gibberish. Confuses me so much why certain people keep pedaling this and just won't let it go.

Pedalling what exactly? Its all about opinions, hes done nothing at all to change mine yet

December 29, 2017, 10:11:37 PM
Reply #124

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno what he's pedalling tbh
We beat some poor sides at home
We held onto two draws against "better" sides
I fail to see how anyone can be happy with the West Brom game
He's not done amazingly, after every game he's pretty much said the same thing about being better with the ball but we've seen no change

Defensively, sound. Couldn't ask for a lot more.
The rest tho, simply has to improve, massively
Simply simply lovely

December 29, 2017, 10:19:13 PM
Reply #125

ally2

Pedalling what exactly? Its all about opinions, hes done nothing at all to change mine yet

He may not have changed your opinion but he has certainly changed the plight of our team. We were utter garbage getting pumped 3, 4 and 5 by average teams and sitting 19th in the league. Could someone else have done the same job?  Maybe, but he was brought in and he has done really well. And that is without making any signings or having any sustained period to assess and properly train the squad in the way that would happen in a preseason. I feel like I'm pushing an agenda here but it's nothing more than facts, unless anyone truly believes that we had turned the corner under Unsworth??!

December 29, 2017, 10:24:03 PM
Reply #126

ally2

Dunno what he's pedalling tbh
We beat some poor sides at home
We held onto two draws against "better" sides
I fail to see how anyone can be happy with the West Brom game
He's not done amazingly, after every game he's pretty much said the same thing about being better with the ball but we've seen no change

Defensively, sound. Couldn't ask for a lot more.
The rest tho, simply has to improve, massively

Try PATIENCE.  Why does everything have to be a drama?  We're very unlikely to do much this season anyway so there's nothing to stress about. OK so we play some shit football. It'll get better.

December 29, 2017, 10:25:35 PM
Reply #127

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Try PATIENCE.  Why does everything have to be a drama?  We're very unlikely to do much this season anyway so there's nothing to stress about. OK so we play some shit football. It'll get better.
I have patience
I don't have patience with people telling me I should be happy with a nil nil, backs to the wall, hanging on, one shot on target agaisnt a side who are utter wank tho
Simply simply lovely

December 29, 2017, 10:28:14 PM
Reply #128

ally2

I have patience
I don't have patience with people telling me I should be happy with a nil nil, backs to the wall, hanging on, one shot on target agaisnt a side who are utter wank tho

Haha OK

December 29, 2017, 10:33:46 PM
Reply #129

KoemansNumberTens

I have patience

Did anyone say that?

December 29, 2017, 10:34:02 PM
Reply #130

Macca77

I have patience

Ridiculous isnt it, same people are saying a point against Bournemouth is a good result.

December 29, 2017, 10:35:02 PM
Reply #131

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

December 29, 2017, 10:36:19 PM
Reply #132

Ross

He may not have changed your opinion but he has certainly changed the plight of our team. We were utter garbage getting pumped 3, 4 and 5 by average teams and sitting 19th in the league. Could someone else have done the same job?  Maybe, but he was brought in and he has done really well. And that is without making any signings or having any sustained period to assess and properly train the squad in the way that would happen in a preseason. I feel like I'm pushing an agenda here but it's nothing more than facts, unless anyone truly believes that we had turned the corner under Unsworth??!

We were 13th when Allardyce was appointed and our league form had begun to turn with an easy set of fixtures coming up.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 29, 2017, 10:40:10 PM
Reply #133

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I suppose a lot of this comes down to the choice of words.

For example saying I hope that we improve in terms of attacking would be read as a positive comment; whereas saying there has to be an improvement would be read as a negative one.

Obviously the end target is the same.

I would say a fair point re lack of progression re attacking is the lack of training time between a large number of games and Iíve no doubt that we have been spending a lot of time on organisation.

You donít improve defensively without work on it.

That needed sorted first and foremost.

Iíd expect better attacking as the season goes on when itís less hectic and the organisational stuff is more ingrained.

And we have a proper striker.

December 29, 2017, 10:41:10 PM
Reply #134

KoemansNumberTens

We were 13th when Allardyce was appointed and our league form had begun to turn with an easy set of fixtures coming up.

Maybe we should get koeman back seeing as the fixture list was our only problem

The truth is we fluked a couple of results under unsworth to get us in that position. We look so much better defensively since allardyce came in

I just wonder when people will actually concede he's doing a good job. 1 poor performance with an average result and people are back moaning despite all the decent performances with good results that came before