July 22, 2018, 07:59:42 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 18128 times)

December 30, 2017, 09:29:22 PM
Reply #315

Robber Rodwell

Another 90 minutes of life being wasted watching this soulless display.  This is anti-football at it's finest.

December 30, 2017, 09:29:41 PM
Reply #316

Heisenberg

Let's get a competent striker before we blame the manager. Can't polish a turd

Won't make an difference if you have 8 defensive players behind him. He's playing a system set up not to lose. As opposed to scoring and winning

December 30, 2017, 09:29:46 PM
Reply #317

Lxxx

A decent striker won't make a difference if he's playing with 8 defensive team-mates and the other two are on the halfway line. 

December 30, 2017, 09:29:52 PM
Reply #318

Bluedylan

We're not even that defensively secure.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2017, 09:30:00 PM
Reply #319

Faceatthefence

No tackles no urgency ,who the fuck has coached that out of this lot.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

December 30, 2017, 09:30:02 PM
Reply #320

cantoffee

Let's put it this way - other than Callum Wilson being better than DCL is there a position on the field that Bournemouth actually have better players than us?

I don't think so, but with the players we are playing we won't create a thing.

As someone said, maybe the plan is keep it tight and bring on fresh legs in attack to push them in the last 15-20 minutes.

December 30, 2017, 09:30:08 PM
Reply #321

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Let's try and get some players around the striker we already have instead of them being camped in their own half and not being able to get close to him.

The one time we've got in behind we had one player in the box.

December 30, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
Reply #322

Waltzer

Vlasic, lookman, Sandro.

Gives you a glimpse into his mentality when these players aren't on the bench, but two centre halves are.
He did an interview on sky saying lots of players aren't giving what they should in training, if they don't deserve a spot in the team then so be it, I'd rather have it that way than pander to people, I expect he'd like to have more attacking options

December 30, 2017, 09:30:40 PM
Reply #323

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not watching. Another Big Sam masterclass is it?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2017, 09:30:45 PM
Reply #324

Ross

And in contrast, when they go forward they take 5+ to the 18yd box. This is crap.

Mission impossible for any forward we buy and the teams set up like this.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 30, 2017, 09:31:03 PM
Reply #325

Heisenberg

Let's put it this way - other than Callum Wilson being better than DCL is there a position on the field that Bournemouth actually have better players than us?

As someone said, maybe the plan is keep it tight and bring on fresh legs in attack to push them in the last 15-20 minutes.

Pretty shit if so. Only giving yourself 15 minutes to win a 90 minute game

December 30, 2017, 09:31:10 PM
Reply #326

kramer0

Calvert-Lewin is a competent striker. The problem is we're bad in possession and we don't play any of our wingers who can actually beat a man.

I'd argue that a creative passer in midfield is a bigger priority than a centre forward.

December 30, 2017, 09:31:24 PM
Reply #327

Bluedylan

Ake's a good player.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2017, 09:32:01 PM
Reply #328

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I’m not saying DCL doesn’t need to be replaced as I think we do need better but in fairness to him he’s hardly getting a chance at the moment. No striker would drastically improve this situation without better service.

December 30, 2017, 09:32:32 PM
Reply #329

Waltzer

Calvert-Lewin is a competent striker. The problem is we're bad in possession and we don't play any of our wingers who can actually beat a man.

I'd argue that a creative passer in midfield is a bigger priority than a centre forward.
I think we've got lots of priority areas