April 20, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 15262 times)

December 30, 2017, 09:49:06 PM
Reply #405

Lxxx

I know I've appealed for a bit of patience for Allardyce but if he carries on serving up this shite, regardless of the players at his disposal, then I'll be asking for a ticket for that bandwagon I can see is filling up.

December 30, 2017, 09:49:06 PM
Reply #406

sam of the south

You can only play three defensive midfielders if you really go for it with wing backs and attacking wingers.

Lennon can do it, but Lookman and/or Vlasic should've been on the bench, I feel; expecting Bolasie to be that one spark from the bench after so long out is pie in the sky at this stage of his recovery.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 30, 2017, 09:50:11 PM
Reply #407

Smingers

Fat Sam would be happy with a draw against these. Not good enough

December 30, 2017, 09:50:21 PM
Reply #408

Cuttyblue

Hear them boooooos...

I've been a Sam stalwart.  This is crap; our manager's got this all wrong today.   :titanic: 

December 30, 2017, 09:50:32 PM
Reply #409

SANA_DR0

i think Koemans given the team talk and made the team selection the last 2 games.

so fucking negative :( we deserve to be behind.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 30, 2017, 09:51:27 PM
Reply #410

Dr. Sponge

That was so bad. Poor team selection from a poor squad.

December 30, 2017, 09:51:28 PM
Reply #411

Bluedylan

That was a disgraceful 45 minutes.

And weirdly it was still better than West Brom.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2017, 09:51:37 PM
Reply #412

howard1334

No, no what I'm saying. I'm providing the context.

It's hard to win away in the Prem. Apart from the top teams, others don't set up to try and win away from home. Historically, we have very rarely tried to win away from home and very rarely actually won away from home. Even when we did try, we generally didn't manage it. Recently we have been a year without winning away from home so it makes sense to try and play for a point to begin with to try and build some confidence.

Uninspiring away performances were here long before Sam Allardyce and will be after he's gone.

This sort of game is not how you build confidence; I suspect it will have the exact opposite affect. And we have drawn or won seven games or so in a row, so I think everyone in the squad could handle in mentally if we went for it just a wee bit and lost.

December 30, 2017, 09:52:10 PM
Reply #413

Shogun

Administrator
Thought the moment when we were breaking and it depended on James McCarthy playing a through ball to put Idrissa Gueye in on goal just about summed our attacking threat.

Get McCarthy off at HT and put Rooney on.

When our managers going to realise McCarthy is a waste of space?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 30, 2017, 09:52:23 PM
Reply #414

Faceatthefence

Shocking performance,these are really poor and weve gifted em a goal and never troubled them,i wanna choke martina with my bare hands,keane over rated and dcl looks burntout.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

December 30, 2017, 09:52:28 PM
Reply #415

Everton Mint

One bad error and they score, not the manager's fault.

Game plan out the window now. Changes at HT rather then last 20 mins.

December 30, 2017, 09:52:42 PM
Reply #416

eyesalwaysblue

Big half time for Sam.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 30, 2017, 09:53:09 PM
Reply #417

loroloco

so this is it then is it? playing for nil all draws in all of our away games. add to that the top 6 that we just accept are better than us and so play for for nil all against them at goodison too and that leaves us with 13 games per year that we´re gonna actually try and win? not having that.  complete and utter dog shit playing for a scoreless draw against bournemouth. i understand keeping it tight but not even trying to score a goal is utter bollox.

December 30, 2017, 09:53:15 PM
Reply #418

Fynci

i think Koemans given the team talk and made the team selection the last 2 games.

so fucking negative :( we deserve to be behind.

I don’t know what has happened. The Chelsea game was understandable in part but there are zero reasons why he has set out like this against West Brom and Bournemouth. Pathetic.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

December 30, 2017, 09:53:17 PM
Reply #419

Macca77

Can't defend his team selection and tactics at all, hes clueless