June 18, 2018, 03:05:11 PM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 12924 times)

December 30, 2017, 07:29:05 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
Just as a counterpoint to all the inevitable derogatory posts; I like him as a player. Always have done and still do.

For a team so lacking in attacking intent and goal threat, not to have him in the squad (even if it is just on the bench) makes no sense to me.

He isn't a threat anymore though, that's the problem. He's got 8 goals and 8 assists in the league in the last 2 1/2 seasons, that's hardly a goal threat. Coincides with him being poor for the last 2 1/2 seasons as well.

December 30, 2017, 07:30:51 PM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

I used to like him myself but he's offered absolutely nothing for the best part of 18 months now.

And it's not like he's hasn't been given a chance to prove himself.

He just doesn't even look like a winger anymore. Kind of plays like a really bad Xavi while stood on the wing. All safety first possession stuff. They used to call him The Belgium Ronaldo. He looked brilliant when he first turned up. Be delighted if we got 10m for him

December 30, 2017, 07:43:39 PM
Reply #17

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He just doesn't even look like a winger anymore. Kind of plays like a really bad Xavi while stood on the wing. All safety first possession stuff. They used to call him The Belgium Ronaldo. He looked brilliant when he first turned up. Be delighted if we got 10m for him

You love comparing our players to Xavi.

December 30, 2017, 07:52:13 PM
Reply #18

starblood

He isn't a threat anymore though, that's the problem. He's got 8 goals and 8 assists in the league in the last 2 1/2 seasons, that's hardly a goal threat. Coincides with him being poor for the last 2 1/2 seasons as well.
I've had this discussion many times on here. The gist being, take those stats and run them against minutes played. Then analyse how often those minutes exceed 20 minutes per game. In that time you specify he has probably started one game in 4.

I would love to know his numbers for shots on target/goal because he has been hitting posts and goalies a lot in that time.

Even this season when he played we've displayed a better attacking intent.

December 30, 2017, 07:53:18 PM
Reply #19

Thornton_19

I suppose an ex Olympiacos player would never transfer to Besiktas?
They are from different countries you know?

December 30, 2017, 07:58:51 PM
Reply #20

Everton Mint

Think I saw him arriving at the game today..

December 30, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
I've had this discussion many times on here. The gist being, take those stats and run them against minutes played. Then analyse how often those minutes exceed 20 minutes per game. In that time you specify he has probably started one game in 4.

You've kind of backed up the point for getting rid of him there. There's a reason he hasn't been getting games......

I would love to know his numbers for shots on target/goal because he has been hitting posts and goalies a lot in that time.

I can't think of too many times he's hit the post but it's kind of irrelevant as you don't get any goals for hitting the post or the goalie.
Even this season when he played we've displayed a better attacking intent.

Can't say I agree with that. You still rate him and that's fair enough, most people did at some point, I certainly did but it's been a long time since he did anything good for us and he's showing no sign of changing that. He wanted away previously and he's certainly not looked to keen on staying here.

December 30, 2017, 08:30:27 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

There's only so many times you can see him receive the ball on the left, run across the front of the defenders before laying it off to either Schneiderlin/Gueye or if he's feeling adventurous maybe spray it wide to Kenny/Lennon. Rinse and repeat.

December 30, 2017, 08:30:37 PM
Reply #23

van der Meyde

If hes not shifted and replaced by the end of next summer then its an egregious failure of duty by Walshy.
He's on decent wages until the summer of 2020.

Finding someone willing to take that on for a player a mid table Prem team doesn't want is always going to be a challenge.

December 30, 2017, 08:30:47 PM
Reply #24

Cozzie

I remember I think it was the 2-2 against the shite where he looked amazing, done his hamstrings and never really was the same.

Deffo an attitude problem. On his day he is a top class player, doesn't seem arsed now which is a shame.

A more consistent Mirallas would sort out our attacking problems no end.

Don't think he is arsed anymore though.

December 30, 2017, 08:32:44 PM
Reply #25

AllyBlue14

The thing I can't get my head around is why we gave him a new contract in the summer and then bought an entire squad of players to play behind the striker!

December 30, 2017, 11:14:17 PM
Reply #26

howard1334

A little misleading, given he has only started 35 matches during the last 2 1/2 seasons. 8 goals and 8 assists is actually a decent return based on that number of starts. While he has been here, he has been our only consistent goal threat from the wing.

But even I, probably one of his biggest supporters, thinks it is time for him to move on now. Hopefully we can get 7 mill or something for him this January.

December 30, 2017, 11:17:13 PM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I would play Mirallis still instead of Mccarthy and Lennon. and possibly Sig to an extent.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 30, 2017, 11:22:45 PM
Reply #28

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I would play Mirallis still instead of Mccarthy and Lennon. and possibly Sig to an extent.
Instead of McCarthy 100% yes but not before Lennon or Sig.

December 30, 2017, 11:25:36 PM
Reply #29

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck him off. Utterly useless. Hes giving McCarthy a run for his money in the most pointless player on the books category.