September 23, 2019, 12:26:58 PM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 18685 times)

December 30, 2017, 08:30:27 PM
Read 18685 times

Lxxx

There's only so many times you can see him receive the ball on the left, run across the front of the defenders before laying it off to either Schneiderlin/Gueye or if he's feeling adventurous maybe spray it wide to Kenny/Lennon. Rinse and repeat.

January 07, 2018, 04:49:45 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

As if. No-one pays a £4m loan fee for 5 months of football, as well as footing his wages too.
Unless they’re not footing the £70k/week, which let’s face it they probably couldn’t afford anyway in the Greek league.

Who knows, but those figures don’t add up.

January 07, 2018, 04:57:58 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Everyone is just rehashing the same twitter gossip.

Where’s Paul Joyce when you need him?

January 07, 2018, 04:04:28 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

So we’ve got rid of two players who have had zero effect on the first team this season and swapped them for a goalscorer, which is badly needed, for cost neutral on fees and wages.

Sensible work for a change.

April 04, 2018, 04:40:49 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

I don't think you can level an accusation of a lack of effort at Mirallas. Decline in quality and output, inconsistency and being a bit agro yes. But not a lack of effort.

If you can go though game after game and not know he was even on the pitch I'd say he's not putting a decent enough shift in.

April 13, 2018, 05:32:50 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Olympiakos have opened negotiations to loan him for next season, they are not interested in buying him. According to the Greek press the only team that has shown interest in buying him so far is Standard Liege.
Mirallas has stated many times that he is only interested in playing for Olympiakos so I'm not sure we have much of an option. I reckon we'll keep loaning him out until his contract finishes.

I'm pretty sure they won't be picking up his full wages though. Or maybe they might in exchange for waiving a loan fee. Either way it gets him out the club and off the books. 

April 14, 2018, 11:23:47 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

We fuck everything up. Renewed the contract of a player we didn’t want and he’s worth so little that decision will end up costing us money. It’s inept

It's no wonder he signed it even though he wasn't getting a game. What kind of person would turn that kind of money down.