December 11, 2018, 08:36:54 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Man United  (Read 15446 times)

January 01, 2018, 04:43:07 PM
Reply #30

Simon Paul

Administrator
Are you really a blue ? If you are hang your head in shame ! By all means slag of the management but not someone putting a shirt on and we have not yet kicked off.

Yay!!

Less than eleven hours into 2018 and we have our first "you're a shit blue" shout on a match day thread

Who had "before noon" in the sweep?

January 01, 2018, 05:19:18 PM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Mourihnio meltdown about  7.30..we must live in hope.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 01, 2018, 05:27:12 PM
Reply #32

gizzblue

If we have 4 shots or more on target, I don't care what the result is.
Fuck me, is that you Sam ?.

Born not made a blue .

January 01, 2018, 05:27:54 PM
Reply #33

Ross

It’s a shame Lukakus not playing really, think it would have made for a real nasty intense atmosphere which in turn always leads to a high tempo do or die game, which would obviously gives us more chance than lining up with 9 men on the edge of our own box.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 01, 2018, 05:28:03 PM
Reply #34

gizzblue

Mourihnio meltdown about  7.30..we must live in hope.
Would really love nothing more to welcome in the new year .😅👍
Born not made a blue .

January 01, 2018, 05:39:52 PM
Reply #35

BlueForYou

Mourinho is melting - Utd are (t)here for the taking

Can we take them - yes

Will we take them - probably not
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 01, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

not been able to find sams presser yet ;/
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 01, 2018, 06:24:05 PM
Reply #37

Toddacelli

I honestly can’t think of a team to put out that could trouble these, even with their issues. Niasse up front due to DCL being dead is the only obvious one.

I’d be tempted to play Lookman, Klaassen and Sandro in this one because they're well rested and at some point their quality has to show. Lookman has looked good at times as he was being phased in gradually. It's unfortunate that we have also been trying to phase in Klaassen, Sandro, Keane, Sigurdsson and Vlasic at the same time. It's just not easy to phase this many players in to get up to speed in the Premier League and it's even harder when the team they're being phased into are playing absolutely shit.

Regardless - they all have my 100% support and I hope they do well.

Fixed

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 01, 2018, 06:46:53 PM
Reply #38

sam of the south

Palace and Brighton showing that with real wide attackers you can create chances and hold your own in games.

Vlasic, man.

He has impressed me every time, with his endeavor, strength, ball retention, and attacking intent.

However, neither Unsworth or Allardyce have seemed to trust him so I guess I'm wrong.

In the Europa dead rubber him and Lookman ran the show from the wings (yeah, I know it was a bit of a friendly match in essence, but surely we've got to start trying to take the game to the opposition rather than defending deep and en masse and hoping for the best)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 01, 2018, 07:29:36 PM
Reply #39

ally2

Palace and Brighton showing that with real wide attackers you can create chances and hold your own in games.

Vlasic, man.

He has impressed me every time, with his endeavor, strength, ball retention, and attacking intent.

However, neither Unsworth or Allardyce have seemed to trust him so I guess I'm wrong.

In the Europa dead rubber him and Lookman ran the show from the wings (yeah, I know it was a bit of a friendly match in essence, but surely we've got to start trying to take the game to the opposition rather than defending deep and en masse and hoping for the best)

I don't think its as simple as being right or wrong on Vlasic.  I rate him too, certainly over Lennon.  He has lost critical possession when I've seen him too.  Maybe that's the issue.  Or maybe there are non-football reasons that we don't know about.  I think a lot of fans just watch a handful of games and concoct formations and line ups based upon what is a tiny part of the picture.  But even that doesn't make anybody wrong.  I do think that you have to trust the judgement of people who know the entire picture though.  It doesn't happen much on here.  The usual routine is to slag off whoever the manager is and ask questions later.  Happened with Koeman, Unsworth and now Allardyce.

January 01, 2018, 07:30:24 PM
Reply #40

GrantyBoy78

Vlasic, man.

Said before that apparently he’s fallen out with the club. Not the manager, the club. Agent wanted talks with the club hierarchy when Unsworth first dropped him. It was all ‘my client could’ve joined Inter Milan, and he’s not even getting into a struggling team, we’ll assess the situation in the summer’. Didn’t go down well. Could (and probably is) just a rumour though.

January 01, 2018, 07:39:31 PM
Reply #41

GrantyBoy78

I don't think its as simple as being right or wrong on Vlasic.  I rate him too, certainly over Lennon.  He has lost critical possession when I've seen him too.  Maybe that's the issue.  Or maybe there are non-football reasons that we don't know about.  I think a lot of fans just watch a handful of games and concoct formations and line ups based upon what is a tiny part of the picture.  But even that doesn't make anybody wrong.  I do think that you have to trust the judgement of people who know the entire picture though.  It doesn't happen much on here.  The usual routine is to slag off whoever the manager is and ask questions later.  Happened with Koeman, Unsworth and now Allardyce.
Agree. I try to give managers (and players) a bit of slack as there are always other factors we’re not aware of.

I remember slagging off Moyes no end because he continued to overlook Van Der Meyde even when we were crying out for width and creativity. Turns out he was smacked off his tits and shacked up with a stripper. My bad. I’ll apologise to Moyesy if I ever meet him.

And having read Ossie’s book; the amount of times he went out on the pitch when he was technically ‘match fit’ but in reality was nursing knee and ankle injuries and was being held together with sticky tape...well, I take back some of those ‘cunt’ sounds. Sorry Ossie.

All very cathartic, this.

January 01, 2018, 07:40:26 PM
Reply #42

sam of the south

Said before that apparently he’s fallen out with the club. Not the manager, the club. Agent wanted talks with the club hierarchy when Unsworth first dropped him. It was all ‘my client could’ve joined Inter Milan, and he’s not even getting into a struggling team, we’ll assess the situation in the summer’. Didn’t go down well. Could (and probably is) just a rumour though.

Really?

Where did this come from?

January 01, 2018, 07:44:21 PM
Reply #43

sam of the south

I didn't slag off the manager.

In fact, I stated that I was clearly wrong if both Unsworth and Allardyce disagreed with me.

However, I stand by the original point; being passive and vaguely reactive is going to bite us on the arse if it is our default modus operandi.   

January 01, 2018, 07:47:41 PM
Reply #44

GrantyBoy78

Really?

Where did this come from?
Twitter, where else. Ped from ToffeeTV did mention it a few times a while ago.

Probably just rubbish, but would explain the situation.