December 19, 2018, 06:59:23 AM

Author Topic: Nevermind who we buy in January, who do we get rid of?  (Read 6657 times)

January 03, 2018, 05:10:14 PM
Read 6657 times

Lxxx

Buy everyone. Sell everyone. Sack everyone.

Seems to be the model the new board are going for.

January 06, 2018, 05:57:58 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

I'd move all our central midfielders on apart from Gueye and Davies. Besic, Schneiderlin and McCarthy are all nowhere near the standard we need for actually passing a football and Klaassan clearly isn't doing anything in either games or training to justify being here. If we could get £50m for that lot that should be able to buy us a couple of midfielders who can put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park and move the football around so we have some attacking intent again.

January 17, 2018, 01:34:30 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Walcott 29 in March
Rooney 33 this year
Jagielka 36 this year
Williams 34 this year
Siguršsson 29 this year
Bolasie 29 this year
Schneiderlin 29 this year
Baines 34 this year
Coleman 30 this year
Gueye 29 this year
Martina 29 this year

Nil Satis Nisi OAP

I know that list looks scary but it isn't really.

Walcott 29 in March - Still got 2-3 years in him
Rooney 33 this year - Contract up end of next season
Jagielka 36 this year - Will be off in the summer
Williams 34 this year - Will probably be off in the summer, but contract up the year after anyway
Siguršsson 29 this year - Has got the brain to have another 3-4 years if moved inside and back
Bolasie 29 this year - Not too sure he'll ever reach his old level, certainly won't get any better
Schneiderlin 29 this year - Ship him out in the summer, may have to bung him a few quid
Baines 34 this year - Will be a second choice left back from next season. We hope.
Coleman 30 this year - Similar to Bolasie.
Gueye 29 this year - Will need to be replaced in time but still a decent member of the squad
Martina 29 this year - On low wages, will be easy to help him on his way

You need some experience in a squad and that list will start to wither away within 18 months. Granted there is little to no resale value in it but Moshiri keeps telling us we have deep pockets so....

January 20, 2018, 12:00:47 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Says a nominal fee. Not sure what that means. I’d have thought we’d get £5m for him in this market and with the teams at the bottom scrambling around for proven PL players?

Still think we’ll bring a couple in, especially if we shift a few!

I don't think Burnley are too concerned with relegation this season.