September 25, 2018, 06:11:33 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 3rd Round  (Read 19575 times)

January 06, 2018, 05:23:53 AM
Reply #45

sam of the south

I hope you called him a virgin

I won't say anything to him, or any Redshite that I know
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 06, 2018, 05:26:45 AM
Reply #46

sam of the south

Ever been wrongly accused of something bad?

Yep.

Ever been racially abused?

Nah, me neither, because I'm a white male and priviledged and bulletproof.

To someone of colour, whose had racism from being a toddler, being made to feel wrong for just being who you are, it is far deeper and far more hurtful than I or any other white geezer could imagine.

January 06, 2018, 05:44:51 AM
Reply #47

sam of the south

An effort? What effort is it to turn a TV on? Distance makes no difference at all. If you are a Blue in Australia you don't turn your back cos you lose a few games. See you next season my arse.

Mate, please don't wind people up when they're hurting from losing to the Redshite.

It's unnecessary, and all of us are pissed off, and any of us are entitled to throw our toys out of the pram after that without getting baited by a fellow blue.

January 06, 2018, 06:05:31 AM
Reply #48

sam of the south

January 06, 2018, 06:16:11 AM
Reply #49

sam of the south

Yeah. Then drop in the conversation 'shit, sorry for the offence. Forgot you lot can't read'

Haha, nice work, teach' 👌🏼

January 06, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
Reply #50

sam of the south

Your comment is so right but irrelevant here because it wasn't a racist comment .

It is highly relevant here because an allegation has been made about Firmino making a racist comment.

January 06, 2018, 03:52:27 PM
Reply #51

sam of the south

It is highly relevant here because an allegation has been made about Firmino making a racist comment.

It looks like he will get away with it, though (what a surprise that would be eh)

Fans are pointing out (including RS) that Holgate is relatively calm when Firmino is calling him 'crazy' and 'a son of a bitch' in Portuguese, but then Kenny's head blocks out the camera's view of Firmino (who is continuing to verbalise) and then Holgate goes apeshit.

Now, the ref was there.

And the ref was pro RS all night.

If Firmino didn't say something inflammatory Holgate would clearly have been sent off.

That is my take on it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:55:14 PM by sam of the south »

January 06, 2018, 03:53:45 PM
Reply #52

sam of the south

Well my apologies as the "mail "report said different and that it was SOB .

FA to investigate allegations of racism from Everton's Mason Holgate after clash with Liverpool's Roberto Firmino

Mason Holgate and Roberto Firmino clashed during the Merseyside derby
    As the pair exchanged words, Everton defender Holgate needed to be restrained
    Everton boss Sam Allardyce refused to be drawn on the topic without full details
    Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was similarly ambiguous when giving his views

By Dominic King for the Daily Mail

Published: 23:19 GMT, 5 January 2018 | Updated: 09:00 GMT, 6 January 2018

shares

View comments

The Football Association will investigate an allegation of racism made by Mason Holgate after a clash with Roberto Firmino that left the Everton defender enraged.

Referee Bobby Madley will include the full details in his report of the row that erupted towards the end of first half of the FA Cup third round tie, which Liverpool won 2-1 thanks to a dramatic late goal on his debut from 75million defender Virgil Van Dijk.

Holgate pushed Firmino into the Main Stand as the pair chased a ball. The Brazil striker reacted with fury. Television pictures appeared to show him calling Holgate 'loco' and 'filha du puto' Portuguese for 'son of a b****'.

Daily Mail denies the existence of any racism shocker

January 06, 2018, 06:19:24 PM
Reply #53

sam of the south

Erm, just realised the defeat was my fault, lads.

I hadn't changed my Everton calendar's over, so, Barkley's mug (Dec '17) was looking out, but it should've been Rooney's (Jan '18)

Soz 😔

January 06, 2018, 07:44:06 PM
Reply #54

sam of the south

It's the most noise they've probably heard anywhere in the pit

It's hard to multi-task and listen when you are all busy reading and singing from the same hymn sheet