December 12, 2018, 06:49:17 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 3rd Round  (Read 22319 times)

January 06, 2018, 04:15:45 PM
Reply #735

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 06, 2018, 04:30:39 PM
Reply #736

Alanvideo

It looks like he will get away with it, though (what a surprise that would be eh)

Fans are pointing out (including RS) that Holgate is relatively calm when Firmino is calling him 'crazy' and 'a son of a bitch in Portuguese', but then Kenny's head blocks out the camera's view of Firmino (who is continuing to verbalise) and then Holgate goes apeshit.

Now, the ref was there.

And the ref was pro RS all night.

If Firmino didn't say something inflammatory Holgate would clearly have been sent off.

That is my take on it.
.................Yes I would agree. Madley didn't issue a card because if he had ,the incident would have been said to be dealt with. Now it can be investigated further.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 06, 2018, 04:54:03 PM
Reply #737

everton1952

Now we are out, the manager has a clear run of weeks with only one game and plenty of time for what he says we have lacked, that is time with his players to work out tactics. Some positives last night for me, Bolassie, the goal and the reaction of our supporters going crazy. The winner was our fault, first giving away a corner from that position and then the goalkeeper making a mess of it. Robles who is well over 6ft would either probably have got to it or laid out van Dick. Pickford is good but a bit short for a keeper.

January 06, 2018, 05:04:14 PM
Reply #738

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
.................Yes I would agree. Madley didn't issue a card because if he had ,the incident would have been said to be dealt with. Now it can be investigated further.

You can get sent off then receive further action. Carding Firmino wouldn’t preclude him receiving additional punishment.

January 06, 2018, 05:26:01 PM
Reply #739

Macca77

Been to footy this morning, loads of reds there , no gloating at all from any of them cos it was an expected win, few of them said Holgate is a rat for using the race card, "Firmino can't be racist because they're the same colour". The majority of the others are worried, agree something was deffo said and are hoping it was lost in translation, also said they haven't heard noise like that from an away end at Anfield forever

January 06, 2018, 05:26:15 PM
Reply #740

eyesalwaysblue

Pickford been very good for us, it was a bad time for a mistake but they've  been rare with him, all in all we competed last night which is improvement, we have a forward, lets hope he's the one. Refuse to believe the seasons over though no trophies obviously but a lot of games left to climb a few places, will take that as it's something that seemed a million miles away a couple of months ago.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 06, 2018, 05:38:10 PM
Reply #741

Alanvideo

You can get sent off then receive further action. Carding Firmino wouldn’t preclude him receiving additional punishment.
...........oh well that was my understanding of the rules maybe I'm mistaken. It seems odd though that Holgate wasn't carded for the push ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 06, 2018, 06:19:24 PM
Reply #742

sam of the south

Erm, just realised the defeat was my fault, lads.

I hadn't changed my Everton calendar's over, so, Barkley's mug (Dec '17) was looking out, but it should've been Rooney's (Jan '18)

Soz 😔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 06, 2018, 06:44:25 PM
Reply #743

indiantoffee1975

Focus now on key games later this month at home to WBA and Leicester and look to stabalise around 8th/9th position this season.

January 06, 2018, 07:01:11 PM
Reply #744

Cereal Killer

Didn't watch the game, just seen the highlights.... the VVD goal, what's Pickford supposed to do? He's heading it into the corner from 6 yards, so even if he didn't come he was never saving it, blame the marking more there like

January 06, 2018, 07:19:09 PM
Reply #745

Mayor Farnum

Didn't watch the game, just seen the highlights.... the VVD goal, what's Pickford supposed to do? He's heading it into the corner from 6 yards, so even if he didn't come he was never saving it, blame the marking more there like

Yes unless it was straight at him it was a goal from that distance.

January 06, 2018, 07:26:34 PM
Reply #746

gizzblue

Nobody on the post didn't help 😣
Born not made a blue .

January 06, 2018, 07:27:31 PM
Reply #747

everton1952

van Dick goes into Redshite folklore.

January 06, 2018, 07:29:24 PM
Reply #748

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Been to footy this morning, loads of reds there , no gloating at all from any of them cos it was an expected win, few of them said Holgate is a rat for using the race card, "Firmino can't be racist because they're the same colour". The majority of the others are worried, agree something was deffo said and are hoping it was lost in translation, also said they haven't heard noise like that from an away end at Anfield forever

It's the most noise they've probably heard anywhere in the pit
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 06, 2018, 07:44:06 PM
Reply #749

sam of the south

It's the most noise they've probably heard anywhere in the pit

It's hard to multi-task and listen when you are all busy reading and singing from the same hymn sheet
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them