June 18, 2018, 08:55:59 PM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 19409 times)

March 13, 2018, 11:01:09 AM
Reply #210

djws1788

Not questioning any of that, and don't disagree with it either. But, the point was made that he won't "get close" to last years tally, which he already is.

Playing Devilís advocate here, but I imagine he was referring to last seasonís league tally which he is well down on. He was in with a shout of winning the Golden Boot last season, this year heíll be lucky to make Top 6.

The lad will likely play 15 more games this year, Iíd be worried if he didnít score more in total than he did for us. Would still have him here though mind.

March 13, 2018, 11:58:45 AM
Reply #211

Jamokachi

Playing Devilís advocate here, but I imagine he was referring to last seasonís league tally which he is well down on. He was in with a shout of winning the Golden Boot last season, this year heíll be lucky to make Top 6.

The lad will likely play 15 more games this year, Iíd be worried if he didnít score more in total than he did for us. Would still have him here though mind.

He is a fair bit off in the league, admittedly. Last season was his stand out for us, I'd argue that he'll get as many as his second best season for us (18), and won't be that far off last season's tally come the end of the season.

He get's a hell of a lot of criticism, when I think he's probably due to be cut some slack... it's a hell of a step up for him (mentally more than anything), and has had to adapt to a new playing style, all at the age of 24 still (which people forget).

Oh, and "lucky to make top 6"... he's 1 goal behind Sterling in 4th.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:02:41 PM by Jamokachi »

March 13, 2018, 03:02:27 PM
Reply #212

djws1788

Firmino is 1 goal behind him in 7th, Son only 2 goals behind in 8th. With Kane's ankle not looking good, Son might be scoring a few more soon.

Everyone under Kane, Salah and Aguero are just as interchangeable as the relegation battle this season.

Also, maybe it is hard to convey over text and Iím not prominent enough on here for my bias to be known, but Iím part of the pro-Lukaku brigade.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:04:13 PM by djws1788 »

March 13, 2018, 06:40:05 PM
Reply #213

Jamokachi

Firmino is 1 goal behind him in 7th, Son only 2 goals behind in 8th. With Kane's ankle not looking good, Son might be scoring a few more soon.

Everyone under Kane, Salah and Aguero are just as interchangeable as the relegation battle this season.

Also, maybe it is hard to convey over text and Iím not prominent enough on here for my bias to be known, but Iím part of the pro-Lukaku brigade.

And if my aunty had a dick she'd be my uncle...

Fact is Lukaku is in that position now, regardless of how others might be playing and circumstances surrounding them :)

March 13, 2018, 06:59:38 PM
Reply #214

Lxxx

Can we stop talking about the lad now please. He went last year.

March 13, 2018, 08:00:06 PM
Reply #215

gizzblue

Also, maybe it is hard to convey over text and I'm not prominent enough on here for my bias to be known, but I'm part of the pro-Lukaku brigade.
That's good mate ,you like everyone else deserves their own opinion .
Although I don't agree ,I respect you right to your opinions.

March 17, 2018, 11:17:11 PM
Reply #216

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's a fucking predator I think he's great. He needs quick players in the box with him but he's a really sound addition

March 17, 2018, 11:32:22 PM
Reply #217

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Heís a good finisher, perhaps not the right fit for every occasion but looks like one of the signings weíve got right.

Hopefully he gets a good run until the end of the season.

We should be looking at another complimentary striker come the summer though.

March 17, 2018, 11:33:23 PM
Reply #218

Macca77

Will get 15+ goals next season

March 17, 2018, 11:34:44 PM
Reply #219

Bally

Administrator
He's brave and has a decent little habit of being on the edge of the 6yard box when needed, no wonder Besiktas fans loved him
It's the roll I way

March 17, 2018, 11:35:17 PM
Reply #220

TheTone

I havnt been a fan but if he scores the winner in the Derby then I'm going all in for this lad

March 17, 2018, 11:46:12 PM
Reply #221

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't doubt he would score goals... I doubted we'd create the chances for him
Simply simply lovely

March 17, 2018, 11:46:36 PM
Reply #222

Lxxx

Heís a striker. Might not have the physical attributes of a Lukaku but he knows where the goal is and where to get them.

March 17, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
Reply #223

Bluedylan

His touch and link up play are really good. If we can become a good footballing side eventually, he'll be very tidy.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 17, 2018, 11:54:55 PM
Reply #224

Cozzie

Looks like he will deffo score bagfuls for us.

The diving header was very Andy Gray-esque.