November 17, 2018, 07:10:02 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 22764 times)

March 19, 2018, 06:59:50 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah no point dropping Bolasie, he’s stuck two right in the mixer for us back to back weeks, and has given Liverpool torrid times in the past.

I’d play Cenk and DCL and tell the wingers to whip crosses to the back stick. Take van dijk out of it with the flight of the ball and capitalise on Gomes/TAA being less capable than him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 02, 2018, 10:29:50 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Like the look of him but back DCL to be starting over him inside 12 months.

I also think heíll have competition in the form of a new signing next year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2018, 08:56:20 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Unsure what DCL has done to justify this sort of claim. He looks nowhere near ready to play in the PL to me and it would take a huge leap forward in 12 months for him to be good enough for us. He's got potential but can't think of any Premier League club where he would start as a first-choice. Abraham at Swansea is just as good and isn't good enough to be a regular starter for Swansea. Loan to the Championship next season would be ideal I think.

Not sure where the idea he ISNT good enough comes from. Involved in as many goals as anyone in our side this year.

Only things I havenít seen him do is a) take lots of shots b) strike a ball cleanly through and c) score score score

I know that seems really obviously important for a striker, but backing him to start producing.

From what Iíve seen in open play Tosun offers about the same but looks less mobile. He does shoot more and is more predatory but Iím personally saying given another 12 months DCL can potentially be better.

April 10, 2018, 04:40:42 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So we have to teach him how to become a striker!!? :)

Yes

DCL shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven to be honest, we should be looking for much more.

3rd choice next year would be sound, as long as we have Tosun and another who is top 10 standard (if Tosun is).

April 10, 2018, 04:50:58 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think we can all stop the Jelavic comparisons.

He's clearly got a lot more to his game.

He was feeding off scraps at the weekend and making something out of nothing.

Got a superb touch and appreciation of the players around him. Showed some great awareness to try and lay that header on to Coleman.

Not as convinced, like the look of him but need to see more prem minutes.