May 20, 2018, 05:10:03 PM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 18529 times)

February 03, 2018, 04:40:48 AM
Reply #135

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
"so many Turks" is a bunch of fake twitter bots that were deployed by Besiktas to generate excitement among the Everton fanbase for the proposed transfer.

When you consider the money at stake and the very low cost these days of deploying fake accounts on social media, it's almost more surprising that this kind of tactic hasn't been adopted sooner.

What do you reckon @Ridge, you with me on this one?

Really big if true.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 03, 2018, 04:45:45 AM
Reply #136

Ross

"so many Turks" is a bunch of fake twitter bots that were deployed by Besiktas to generate excitement among the Everton fanbase for the proposed transfer.

When you consider the money at stake and the very low cost these days of deploying fake accounts on social media, it's almost more surprising that this kind of tactic hasn't been adopted sooner.

...cheaper than a Russian player of the season trophy (the con not the player)
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 03, 2018, 06:50:33 AM
Reply #137

Ridge

Turkish player of the year?  ;)

In Cenk's case, it seemed organic enough, there wasn't much contention. When people try to force or change a narrative, you'll normally find disputes, or people in the know whistleblowing, calling the information into question. Not seen anyone doubting Cenk was a quality, effective and respected forward in Turkey. But do think the opposition fans thanking the potential buying club would be a fairly easy one to push.

When clubs are negotiating price, selling clubs put out rumours to try and increase price, if a buying club can devalue, they'll probably do that. Can't remember too many players being bought because of fans, but it could certainly grease any friction if you caught a bite. When there is less knowledge, the variables are more malleable.

From his profile and watching him run about a bit, I'd be expecting him to be someone in a Costa type mould, strong, abrasive, making space for others, decent finisher, aerial threat etc. Presume the idea would be to get Sigurdsson to put the ball on his head.

February 06, 2018, 05:34:52 PM
Reply #138

Toffee1

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-striker-cenk-tosun-breaks-14252013

Hope he starts on Saturday, we won't see what he can do with little cameos from the bench.

February 08, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
Reply #139

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Iíd like to see him start, be nice if Theo could lay a couple on for him, donít think Iíve seen him have a chance to shoot yet.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 08, 2018, 08:59:32 PM
Reply #140

benny

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Iíd like to see him start, be nice if Theo could lay a couple on for him, donít think Iíve seen him have a chance to shoot yet.
            it all depends on the so called manager picking him first i hope he does though  :hail:

February 09, 2018, 06:41:57 AM
Reply #141

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'd like to see him start, be nice if Theo could lay a couple on for him, don't think I've seen him have a chance to shoot yet.

Don't hold your breath him ever having a shot mate while Allardyce is in charge. He doesn't believe in scoring goals.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 10, 2018, 11:25:10 PM
Reply #142

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

March 10, 2018, 11:28:39 PM
Reply #143

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

March 10, 2018, 11:42:33 PM
Reply #144

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 10, 2018, 11:44:30 PM
Reply #145

Macca77

Love him,  golden boot next season

March 10, 2018, 11:45:24 PM
Reply #146

Shogun

Administrator
Turkish James Beattie
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 10, 2018, 11:52:30 PM
Reply #147

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 10, 2018, 11:54:06 PM
Reply #148

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's boss.

Yeah I like him.

Gets involved in the game, seems to have a good appreciation of general play etc.

Itís hard physically when you come from a top team in a lower league.

You come from somewhere thatís less physically demanding anyway and where your team has generally had most of the ball, to a league where because teams generally just play the ball back up the pitch if thereís any sort of pressure, thereís always something going on which means lots more running where thereís not much benefit at the end of it.

Anyway...

Love a shot in off the underside of the bar.

March 11, 2018, 12:22:54 AM
Reply #149

Macca77

Wants the ball all the time, not scared to have a go, he'll do for me