May 23, 2018, 10:16:56 PM

Author Topic: William Carvalho  (Read 1222 times)

May 09, 2018, 01:57:37 AM
Reply #15

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ah good, a Riquelme joke and it's only May.

Anyone seen the Arteta mon......................oh never mind.

*Insert Muppets on bike delegation picture here*

May 09, 2018, 02:09:19 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve got a bit of a hard on for him tbh and think heís a very good player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 15, 2018, 12:00:41 AM
Reply #17

Bacarelle

Many references being made to ongoing negotiations to bring Carvalho to Goodison.

Is this just wishful thinking when we don't have the prospect of European football ?

Would he be a good addition or is the fact that he hasn't already been snapped up by a Champions League team indicate that he isn't up to the mark ?
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

May 15, 2018, 12:23:27 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think we could get him, he very nearly went West Ham in jan for instance.

Wonít solve anything but a good swap for schneiderlin I think.

Iíve had a boner for him for a few years but he is quite ponderous across the ground, and is unlikely to rack up many assists, think he got one goal and one assist in the Portuguese league in a much better side than us of course.

Compared to schneiderlin he attempts and completes more key passes so will hopefully be more involved in goals, but we would still need the ever benega type to come in and start really pulling strings behind the front 3.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 15, 2018, 01:13:42 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Donít see it myself. We have a defensive screen in Gana who covers lots of ground so next to him needs to be someone who can either travel 40 yards with the ball or who has the ability to make the ball travel intelligently upfield quickly to help the transition. Another defensive player albeit younger than Schneiderlin isnít really what we need.

May 15, 2018, 01:36:18 AM
Reply #20

mikey_blue

Sporting missed the boat on selling this lad. Could of got big money when the hype was high, it's dwindling now and he's clearly been overrated. Slow, turning circle of an aircraft carrier, mediocre passing and doesn't really do much else.

Sorry for all the nautical references, it was totally unintentional.

May 15, 2018, 01:38:06 AM
Reply #21

blue slug

Just donít rate him at all heíd definitely get found out in the prem with his slow dawdling style

May 15, 2018, 02:52:48 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well weíll be getting rid of schneiderlin I imagine so

Carvalho

Gueye
              A.N.Other

Doesnít sound bad. Carvalho deep pivot, Gueye harries and tackles and moves up the pitch a bit, yer new man sprays and plays.

May 15, 2018, 03:09:42 AM
Reply #23

Thornton_19

Well we'll be getting rid of schneiderlin I imagine so

Carvalho

Gueye
              A.N.Other

Doesn't sound bad. Carvalho deep pivot, Gueye harries and tackles and moves up the pitch a bit, yer new man sprays and plays.
Ideally i want a player that would do the job of both Gueye and Schneiderlin. Rather than having 2 defensive players in our midfield.

I get its not bad to have options and it would be something we could turn to in the harder away games, but the best sides literally have one player to do that job, not two.
Having two instantly puts you on the backfoot in matches i think.

May 15, 2018, 04:06:20 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ideally i want a player that would do the job of both Gueye and Schneiderlin. Rather than having 2 defensive players in our midfield.

I get its not bad to have options and it would be something we could turn to in the harder away games, but the best sides literally have one player to do that job, not two.
Having two instantly puts you on the backfoot in matches i think.

Fair play, not sure he exists and if he does it means weíre binning Gueye which would be a bitter pill to swallow however.

May 15, 2018, 04:12:15 AM
Reply #25

Shogun

Administrator
Swerve, heís just relegated Swansea
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth