August 16, 2018, 06:48:57 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 34866 times)

May 14, 2018, 03:43:50 PM
Reply #510

di_guyo

Who has said he is the solution to all of our problems? I agree he's raw but you can clearly see that he's a big talent and if we don't play him, someone else will. I don't see how he doesn't get in our team. Much, much better than Bolasie and will only get better. The German league is not some Micky mouse league either so 5 goals and a few assists in 11 games shouldn't be ignored, especially at Lookman's age.

Again, could easily just be a purple patch and a handful of goals doesn't define a player. If he had done it for a full season or more I'd not be arguing.
Everton & Atleti

May 14, 2018, 03:50:49 PM
Reply #511

themilkycoffees

Again, could easily just be a purple patch and a handful of goals doesn't define a player. If he had done it for a full season or more I'd not be arguing.

Alright mate. The kid is 20, scoring and making goals in a top league but let's not get a little bit excited because he hasn't done it all season. Not many players were consistently brilliant at 20 years of age. The little flashes of brilliance we've seen so far will surely come more often with more game time. If this lad played for the shite, they'd be talking him up saying he's going to be world class. 

May 14, 2018, 04:24:30 PM
Reply #512

KoemansNumberTens

Heís obviously very raw. Was often good as a sub for us only to start the next game and be rubbish

He is however the only 1 who looks to have the talent to ever have a chance to make a big impact at a top team. Surely that makes it worth playing him week in and week out and taking the rough with the smooth

May 14, 2018, 06:11:17 PM
Reply #513

MmmblueBernard

Lookman was unfortunate to play very little with either Baines or Coleman. If at all.

Looking forward to seeing if he can strike up rapport with Baines.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 14, 2018, 07:02:48 PM
Reply #514

Lxxx

Lookman was unfortunate to play very little with either Baines or Coleman. If at all.

Looking forward to seeing if he can strike up rapport with Baines.

Playing on that side with Baines looks far preferable than with Coleman.

We just need to invest in the lad. Tell him heís the future, give him an extended run, reassure him heíll have poor games but as long as we can see heís learning heíll get our backing. Thatís all any young player with talent needs to hear.

May 14, 2018, 07:20:13 PM
Reply #515

kramer0

We need coaches that can help provide young players with the tools they need to get to that next level.

How many players have we seen show plenty of promise initially only to stall badly and get swept aside? Thatís a coaching problem. Weíve seen a lot of young players get the early bump in quality that comes from playing regular games but itís no surprise that nobodyís getting to that next level when theyíre learning from pretenders like Martinez and dinosaurs like Koeman and Allardyce.

We missed a great chance when we passed on Favre two summers ago. Say what you want about him actually winning things but heís a quality manager when it comes to player development and we could have used that with all the young talent we had in/around the first team at the time.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:25:05 PM by kramer0 »

May 14, 2018, 08:07:45 PM
Reply #516

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We need coaches that can help provide young players with the tools they need to get to that next level.

How many players have we seen show plenty of promise initially only to stall badly and get swept aside? Thatís a coaching problem. Weíve seen a lot of young players get the early bump in quality that comes from playing regular games but itís no surprise that nobodyís getting to that next level when theyíre learning from pretenders like Martinez and dinosaurs like Koeman and Allardyce.

We missed a great chance when we passed on Favre two summers ago. Say what you want about him actually winning things but heís a quality manager when it comes to player development and we could have used that with all the young talent we had in/around the first team at the time.

Davies is a shining light by way of an example.

Fans of other clubs have started calling him a yard-dog to me. Any decent manager bring him on.
What we had, however, was him getting thrown to the wolves and ran into the ground.

Our fans willingness to write players like Keane off all contributes to our club being a terrible place for people to learn their game at the moment.

May 14, 2018, 08:30:26 PM
Reply #517

kramer0

Our fans willingness to write players like Keane off all contributes to our club being a terrible place for people to learn their game at the moment.

Most football fans form opinions quickly. It's not just Evertonians.

The flip side is that opinions change quickly as well. Any of the players who have underperformed this past season will be immediately forgiven if they suit the new manager's style and perform better in (what will hopefully be) a coherent system.

May 15, 2018, 05:08:10 AM
Reply #518

Toddacelli

A few decent young players have been fucked by the managers this season.

Lookman, Keane (to a lesser extent), Vlasic, Klaasen...

Lookman has gone to a club where he seems to be able to play without fear, express himself and enjoy his football while he learns - and all this is done on the pitch.

You won't learn a lot from the bench or wherever the hell it is where Vlasic has been sent to.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 10, 2018, 04:52:19 AM
Reply #519

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Big Marcel reveals he tried to sign him for PSV and that he is going to be given his chance here
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 10, 2018, 05:30:34 AM
Reply #520

Trowel

As if we didn't love Marcel enough already.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ademola-lookman-chance-everton-says-14750024.amp

"I can be clear in that because I know the player very well," he said. "He was on my list at PSV (to sign). He is a very talented young player and I think he has to be moved up next year (to the first team squad)."
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 10, 2018, 05:50:22 AM
Reply #521

MmmblueBernard

Err you donít pick the team Marcel.

Just sayiní.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 10, 2018, 06:28:30 AM
Reply #522

van der Meyde

Just sayiní.
He can restrict Silva's options in that position so that Lookman has to be picked though. :)

June 10, 2018, 07:49:15 AM
Reply #523

Bluedylan

Just sayiní.

I think the fact that he's come out and said it so definitively is a clear indication that both him and Silva feel the same way about this matter.

Great to hear, but not surprising given the profile of players he has talked about.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 10, 2018, 01:51:02 PM
Reply #524

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman needs to be heavily involved next year as does Holgate. This is the ideal season to let some of these younger players loose