August 15, 2018, 11:48:58 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 34743 times)

January 06, 2018, 06:29:11 AM
Read 34743 times

Topper

I really hope this lad gets a run from now to the end of the season. His last game that I can remember was when he scored the 2 goals in Cyprus and has hardly featured since, yet tonight when he came on I thought he was excellent and gave us a real spark which we have been missing.  Him and Bolaise on either wing gave us a real out ball at times and surely with Vlasic available too we should be utilizing these players when we have been shite going forward.  Hopefully with players fitness coming back and a new striker to bed in we should already be planning for next season and get this batch of players gelling.

Yes at times he will lose the ball and it might be frustrating at times but I really think he has the potential to be a really good player if we could give him a run of games.  I know some people said he should be sent out on loan like Dowell but surely seeing we have nothing to play for now (hopefully we aren't dragged back into the lower end of the table) it is an ideal time to give him a run in the Prem to give him & Vlasic some game time as I think it has showed how well Kenny is adapting to the league with game time and how he will hopefully become the natural successor to Seamus.

I think I am just worried that he will become frustrated at the lack of game time and ask for a move back down to London where he rips up the league and shows his potential.  I know he can be raw but  I do hope there is a diamond in there and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by not giving the lad an opportunity.

January 06, 2018, 06:30:34 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Play my man
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2018, 06:46:32 AM
Reply #2

Ross

“Doesn’t track his runners”.....
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 06, 2018, 01:50:09 PM
Reply #3

bluenuck

I wish he started.

Let the kids fucking play. I'm sure they can get us 13 more points.

January 06, 2018, 02:01:57 PM
Reply #4

therealdunc

He still looked a bit raw, nothing yesterday to suggest he should be starting but definitely should be involved from the bench

Gilfy much better in the middle
Blue

January 06, 2018, 02:03:41 PM
Reply #5

Juanito

Here here. Having Sigurdsson work his socks off at left wing/wing back when we smash our transfer record for him makes no sense. I mentioned in the other thread but having him in his natural position with pace, skill and power either side of him, encouraged me.

As Kenny, Holgate, Davies and DCL have proved, by improving with  first team football, so will Lookman. If these five stay together in and amongst the first team at Everton for a few years, we could have the nucleus of a very exciting young English side.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:05:19 PM by Juanito »

January 06, 2018, 02:06:38 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

I want to see him and Vlasic feature a bit more from the bench . More so now we have invested in a striker . He makes mistakes but he will learn from them and his final ball will be better when he has someone to pick out .
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:46:55 PM by Rodenplav64 »

January 06, 2018, 02:38:34 PM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

With regards to Lòokman making mistakes,   it was accepted as part if his development when Stones made them and they cost us more because of his position.
If he doesn't get more oppertunities someone else will offer them... needs to know he's a first team choice and he's worth the chance. He deffo changes our attack when he comes on. Him and Bolasie out wide with Tosun in the middle. .. mmm

January 06, 2018, 03:21:11 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

I wouldn’t be averse to him going elsewhere until the end of the season if he’s guaranteed a game every week.
Needs to learn and grow like Dowell is doing.

Let’s be honest, these flashes don’t cover up the fact he’s not ready for Premier League football every week.

January 06, 2018, 05:23:23 PM
Reply #9

gizzblue

Play him against the shitter sides as we're only really playing for league position now ...nothing else.

January 06, 2018, 10:43:44 PM
Reply #10

MexicanToffee

I wouldn’t be averse to him going elsewhere until the end of the season if he’s guaranteed a game every week.
Needs to learn and grow like Dowell is doing.

Let’s be honest, these flashes don’t cover up the fact he’s not ready for Premier League football every week.
Yes, he still looks a little to raw but the flashes are very encouraging. Reminds me a lot of Adrian Heath when he first joined us and his diminutive size never held him back.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

January 07, 2018, 12:06:44 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seasons gone really so wouldn’t be adverse to playing him more, get him ready to kick on next year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2018, 06:36:05 PM
Reply #12

Thomas

All the lads on the Celtic forum where raving about him after seeing his peformance vs the shite. They want him on loan haha

January 07, 2018, 06:43:47 PM
Reply #13

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, he still looks a little to raw but the flashes are very encouraging. Reminds me a lot of Adrian Heath when he first joined us and his diminutive size never held him back.
If he will end up half the player Adrian was I'll be very pleased

January 07, 2018, 08:41:26 PM
Reply #14

eugene

Lookman is possibly our best young prospect and dare I say the best young player in the country, he wants more game time and rightly so however let's play him as we and the whole premier know what we have
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:44:03 PM by eugene »